Porsche Cayenne is revealed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 11:27 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
porsche sold out. this SUV craze has gotten out of hand. next thing you know soccer moms will be driving 35k$ ferrari SUV's to the local 'shop and bag'. I think im gonna cry.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:52 AM
I love my G sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's ugly. And how come it seems so low in the picture?
Old 03-06-2002, 02:21 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by amirsafdari
might be good on turns, but whats the point paying all that money for twisties? get a type R, or S2000 and save some cash, and get speed too.

plz dont compare a POS front wheel drive type-R to a mid engine rwd porsche. LOL the type-r is not an enthusiast car. Hence this is why mainly younger kids drive them.

the S2000 is nice, but it's not all that man. The Porsche is still more agile than the S2000. And its not a chick ride. And it has porsche hit and finish, not Honda fit and finish. 2 totally different cars.

Sounds like you just want the most bang for you buck. People do not try and save money buying a porsche! They want style and engineering! People buy hondas when they want to save $.

If you wanted the most out of your money you would go buy a vette! But like the hondas you'll be like everyone else driving one... Certainly not quite as unique. And even the vette has a bit more engineering applied to it. Than both the type-r and S2000.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:06 AM
Pro

whoahhh, first official pictures I saw of this , and man , I would take the new 4.6 X5 over this anyday . It looks very weird for a porsche. The engine specs are great and all, but I have to agree it is very santa fe looking
Old 03-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Racer

Originally posted by SiGGy

the S2000 is nice, but it's not all that man. The Porsche is still more agile than the S2000. And its not a chick ride. And it has porsche hit and finish, not Honda fit and finish. 2 totally different cars.

most of the writings and shows ive seen compare the BoxterS and the S2K all of the time... the boxter is more refined and handles "slightly" better, they all go on to say that the S2K is more fun b/c of the high reving engine but that is purely opinion... i personally think the Boxter is a bitch car but that is just my opinion... they are both great cars but for the price of a Boxter there are many better options
Old 03-06-2002, 01:07 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You all are missing the point. This is not about having the best looking vehicle or the fastest. This is about making the most money possible as an auto manufacturer.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
As for the Boxster vs S2000, I have driven both and if we exclude the fact that the S2000 sufferes from lack of torque, it has nothing to feel ashamed about compared to a Boxster. The Bosxster is not a big deal and it is overpriced. Dont forget they charge like BMW does. They show you a low $40K price for base but after you include the essential options, you are in the low $50Ks.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by gavriil
As for the Boxster vs S2000, I have driven both and if we exclude the fact that the S2000 sufferes from lack of torque, it has nothing to feel ashamed about compared to a Boxster. The Bosxster is not a big deal and it is overpriced. Dont forget they charge like BMW does. They show you a low $40K price for base but after you include the essential options, you are in the low $50Ks.
Did you drive a boxster S?

I'm not brand name loyal like most of you are. Mainly because everyone just wants to be cheap. The S2000 is ok. But it just doesn't have a MID engine, Doesn't have the quality of the Porsche in the interior.

I would say honestly.... which it seems a lot of you can't. If you had the extra cash (LIKE BUYING THE M3) you would. This goes with the Porsche too. Sure the S2000 is cool, but it certainly isn't in the same class of car as the Boxster. Nor the performance for the Boxster S.

LOL, I laugh when I see everyone saying "Dammit I should have Bought the M3" well. If you had the damb $ too, you would have! It wouldn't have been an issue!

hmmm $34k Loaded, vs $60K loaded.... Two cars in completely different $ ballparks.

Don't get me wrong. Honda's are cool. I like my CLS regardless of ALL of the crap thats gone wrong with it. But I'm also not brand loyal, espcially with the lame build quality of the CLS. Whens somethings better and more refined I admit it! Even if its something I can't afford. (lol, which most cars I like are)

Driving a Porsche Vs. Driving a Honda... LOL the NSX is the closest things to the Boster S. But thats about it.

Then lets compare for those who like to save $ (lol, I know I'm going to regret saying this to the brand loyal peeps... LOL...) As I assumme most of the younger adults on here (18-24) probably have never driven a Porsche....

$80k vs. $50k
NSX Boxster S
0-60 0-60
5.0 5.5

Porsche or Honda?

Worth the $30k for .5 second?
Old 03-06-2002, 03:59 PM
Race Director

siggy, your saying tons of things i dont agree with, but i am lazy , so i dont feel like typing it out, cause then your gonna reply, and i'm gonna be lazy again to reply later.

all in all, i think the NON S, Boxter, is a joke, just the 318ti.

Who cares if it has centre engine or whatever, its still slow, and pathetic. When what everyone took as a TRUE SPORTS COMPANY makes a car that does 0-60 in 7+ seconds, its just sad.

I bet the 318 BMW handling and quality was similar to the 325/328 too, did that make it a good car?
Old 03-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by amirsafdari
siggy, your saying tons of things i dont agree with, but i am lazy , so i dont feel like typing it out, cause then your gonna reply, and i'm gonna be lazy again to reply later.

all in all, i think the NON S, Boxter, is a joke, just the 318ti.

Who cares if it has centre engine or whatever, its still slow, and pathetic. When what everyone took as a TRUE SPORTS COMPANY makes a car that does 0-60 in 7+ seconds, its just sad.

I bet the 318 BMW handling and quality was similar to the 325/328 too, did that make it a good car?
not everyone like to fly to 0-60...
and the NON S is 6.5 seconds 0-60

Being a sports car has a lot more to do than just straight line acceleration. The mid engine offers a ton of advantages over a front engine car for agility.

Do you consider 5.5 slow 0-60? (Which is what the Boxster S does)

This is just a debate man, you don't have to answer back. I thought we were just throwing some ideas back and forth. I didn't design the porsche. Chit if i care. But ... I'm just not blatently ingoring its true performance numbers. 7+ seconds is not what the Boxster S does 0-60. What don't you agree with?
Old 03-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Look, a honda is a honda. A porsche is a porshce. Both companys make cars for one reason: $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Plus, on the side of Porsche, how can you argue with the Boxster's sales???? Porsche has said all along that the Boxster is a intro to their company for people to say they drive a PORSCHE. Just like what the 3 series is for BMW and the RSX is now for Acura. Every car company has them except for Ferrari and Lambo. SHIT, LOOK AT THE NEW BENZ!!
Old 03-06-2002, 06:59 PM
I Feel Too Old Here

Originally posted by cob3683
Look, a honda is a honda. A porsche is a porshce. Both companys make cars for one reason: $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Plus, on the side of Porsche, how can you argue with the Boxster's sales???? Porsche has said all along that the Boxster is a intro to their company for people to say they drive a PORSCHE. Just like what the 3 series is for BMW and the RSX is now for Acura. Every car company has them except for Ferrari and Lambo. SHIT, LOOK AT THE NEW BENZ!!
agreed. every company (excluding a few like rolls bentley lambo ferrari) have the KING of production and the PAUPER of their production. The pauper is the car that they will bend the rules of their name / reputation on to make that MONEY. The name will attract buyers and buyers will BUY if they can afford it. this is the case with Porsche. the boxter to anyone not as educated in cars as us IS A PORSCHE and represents the BIG TIME, sadly, just as much as a 911 Turbo because they dont see the distinction between them, and they say to themselves this person's really got it made with their Porsche and the name gains more good rep. this car is aimed at a lower-budget / car-illiterate market. and that is part of the allure.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:03 PM
I Feel Too Old Here

as we also know, NO ONE IS PERFECT
NOT PORSCHE
and certainly not ME cause after i sent that post i forgot to get rid of that lil bit at the end there. sorry bout that.
Originally posted by ItalianStallion
and that is part of the allure.