View Poll Results: How do you like your Acura
I love my Acura and will definitely buy another Acura.
32.58%
I like my Acura and will probably buy another Acura.
42.13%
Neutral, love/hate relation.
17.98%
I dislike my Acura and probably will not buy another Acura.
3.37%
I am an Acura hater and will never buy another Acura.
3.93%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: on how I like my ACURA

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm neutral. I owned one, liked it, had no problems but didn't buy another one!
Old 05-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Battousai the Manslayer

Originally posted by Shawn S

I’ve been driving Acura EXCLUSIVELY since 1992.
I’m looking forward to the upcoming TL and/or RL AWD Coupe.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Battousai the Manslayer

Originally posted by oonowindoo
you dont know acura service sux? Especially IN LA area..
Sierra ACURA SUX BIG DICK!... they refused to fix my SRS light after the 5th time and they were going to void my warranty because my car is lowered.

Pasadena Acura is ok BUT i got focus, neon, and a fucking geo metro as a loaner car.

UNTIL acura separate the line between HONDA & ACURA and make some RWD or AWD, and BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE, I am not going to buy another ACURA AGAIN
I go though Ball Acura in San Diego And they have the best Service/Parts Dept. I have ever seen. And I use to own a Porsche 944.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:21 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have enjoyed my CL-S6, but sometimes wonder if I should have gone with an Altima or some G35 variant. Overall its a good car, but what really irks me is the horrid seating position, and although the seats LOOK nice, to me they are uncomfortable. I'll probably keep it till its dead or I have alot more money for a nicer car. I plan on having it paid off within 2 years, so maybe I'll look at something else sooner rather than later.

The 260hp + very nice 6 speed combo makes it a very fun daily driver, but overall I think they could have done a better job with the looks & handling. Who knows, maybe after I do some suspension mods I'll change my mind.

As for the topic question I put that I am neutral. I wouldnt buy a new TL because it is fwd and suffers from some pretty serious torque steer. How an extra 10hp and wider tires can cause so much more tq steer versus my 03 CL-S is beyond me, but for that amount of money I'll gladly buy a G35X and deal with the slightly less luxurious interior and slightly less athletic looks.

I havent been to the dealer for service yet, and mine has 12k miles so far. The moonroof squeak has appeared recently, but no way those monkeys are touching it unless it breaks something I cant fix. On a plus note I have been getting 27-28 mpg combined recently, so props to Honda for a high hp engine that still gets great gas mileage. In the meantime my gf's 03 Maxima gets ~ 20mpg. :o
Old 05-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Bleed Honda Blue

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by oonowindoo
you dont know acura service sux? Especially IN LA area..
Sierra ACURA SUX BIG DICK!... they refused to fix my SRS light after the 5th time and they were going to void my warranty because my car is lowered.

Pasadena Acura is ok BUT i got focus, neon, and a fucking geo metro as a loaner car.

UNTIL acura separate the line between HONDA & ACURA and make some RWD or AWD, and BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE, I am not going to buy another ACURA AGAIN
I think most people living in big cities are spoiled. We are so used to being pampered. We complain about loaners (I drive a CL so I don't want a RSX or TSX as a loaner I want A CL Type S or better car), not enough amenities in the dealer( where are my freshly squeeze OJ), waiting too long for an oil change during lunch hours, the free car wash and vacuum wasn't clean enough (after the oil change), you don't have a 70" plasma TV in the waiting room while waiting for your car, no starbucks coffee (you are too good for other brand), don't have made to order breakfast in morning hours(Penske Mercedes does):o and etc. I would like to know what was replace in the past to slove your SRS light? Don't tell me OPDS unit or sensor and you have a TV monitor in your head rest?
Old 05-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Bleed Honda Blue

Originally posted by jtkz13
As for the topic question I put that I am neutral. I wouldnt buy a new TL because it is fwd and suffers from some pretty serious torque steer. How an extra 10hp and wider tires can cause so much more tq steer versus my 03 CL-S is beyond me, but for that amount of money I'll gladly buy a G35X and deal with the slightly less luxurious interior and slightly less athletic looks.

I havent been to the dealer for service yet, and mine has 12k miles so far. The moonroof squeak has appeared recently, but no way those monkeys are touching it unless it breaks something I cant fix. :o
I agree that extra 10hp felt good, but I didn't feel that the TL 6spd had any more torque steering than a 03 CL. Must be those cheap Bridgestones. Your sunroof is an eazy fix (temporary fix), they will install a thin silicon/teflon tape around your sunroof (they should not F@#K up that! I hope )
Old 05-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Safety Car

I've owned
'91 legend coupe(auto)
'99 CL 3.0
'01 CLs
currently own
'02 RSX base(wifes car)
'03 CLs 6 speed
I love my car, but like almost everyone else, probably wont buy another Acura till they come out with something more sporty. either AWD or RWD and a six speed.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Pro

Probably I will buy another Acura if you don't quit your job (that's between me and SGMotoring)
Old 05-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Poll: on how I like my ACURA

Originally posted by sgmotoring
I can't believe this. I thought this website is for people who love their Acura. Instead, I am seeing a bunch of Acura haters. All I hear is how I hate my car, I hate FWD, I hate its turning radius, I hate Acura, I hate honda, I hate I hate I hate.......... So I would like to have a poll and hope everyone will participate.
Um, if you hadn't noticed there is better options out now. The CLS is built like shit. I've had countless problems.

Moon roof leaking
warped rotors (4 times)
3 tranmissions
cracked leather
moon roof rattle
rear deck rattle
dashboard rattle
intake actuator gone out
door arm rest replaced
A/C blower motor replaced
HID tranformers gone out
crappy stock tires
trunk paint chipped off
100's of rock chips from the crappy paint job (everywhere on the car)
... list goes on (it's upsetting me typing this, so i'll stop)

And those problems are all "normal" for a CL. Lot of people complain about them.

Gimme a break, Acura BARELY beat Chevy in the problems per 100 vehicles. And Chevy makes 10x more cars. How pathetic is that?

And ya, FWD sucks. There's nothing sporty about it. But I wouldn't include that in reasons why I don't like it. It's a FWD car, and a shitty man-u-matic. All things you would know prior to purchasing... What I didn't know was Acuras quality was NOT what everyone claimed it to be... and or re-sale value. It's a joke.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Bleed Honda Blue

Originally posted by 6spdmanual
Probably I will buy another Acura if you don't quit your job (that's between me and SGMotoring)
Hey don't worry we will both drive to the dealer, threaten them with bad survey if they don't fix our car right and now! It will be sweet when I can do this:pfawk: to everyone there.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Poppin them thangs

I love my car period!, i hate gas prices
Old 05-09-2004, 09:36 PM
cl-:P

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love my 01 cl, i love the new tl even more. I think acura cars are awsome because you dont see one every 2 seconds unlike a bmw or a mb. Why be like everyone else?
Old 05-10-2004, 01:22 AM
Bleed Honda Blue

Re: Re: Poll: on how I like my ACURA

Originally posted by SiGGy
Moon roof leaking
warped rotors (4 times)
3 tranmissions
cracked leather
moon roof rattle
rear deck rattle
dashboard rattle
intake actuator gone out
door arm rest replaced
A/C blower motor replaced
HID tranformers gone out
crappy stock tires
trunk paint chipped off
100's of rock chips from the crappy paint job (everywhere on the car)
Gimme a break, Acura BARELY beat Chevy in the problems per 100 vehicles. And Chevy makes 10x more cars. How pathetic is that?

And ya, FWD sucks. There's nothing sporty about it. But I wouldn't include that in reasons why I don't like it. It's a FWD car, and a shitty man-u-matic. All things you would know prior to purchasing... What I didn't know was Acuras quality was NOT what everyone claimed it to be... and or re-sale value. It's a joke.
Everyone is complaining about FWD. Acura did not claim that the CL is a RWD or AWD. You people knew it was a FWD when you bought the car. Rock chips all over your car because of bad paint job! :sqnteek: When you get into an accident and your bumper is bent, do you blame Acura for not building a strong enough bumper? I am not saying Acura build us a great car, but I have to give Acura credit for trying to fix their screw up. 100,000 miles on trans doesn't sound to bad to me. I personally have seen Acura warranty a trans on an 99 TL at over 127K miles.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally posted by sxsublime
i love my 01 cl, i love the new tl even more. I think acura cars are awsome because you dont see one every 2 seconds unlike a bmw or a mb. Why be like everyone else?
Old 05-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Poll: on how I like my ACURA

Originally posted by sgmotoring
Everyone is complaining about FWD. Acura did not claim that the CL is a RWD or AWD. You people knew it was a FWD when you bought the car. Rock chips all over your car because of bad paint job! :sqnteek: When you get into an accident and your bumper is bent, do you blame Acura for not building a strong enough bumper? I am not saying Acura build us a great car, but I have to give Acura credit for trying to fix their screw up. 100,000 miles on trans doesn't sound to bad to me. I personally have seen Acura warranty a trans on an 99 TL at over 127K miles.
Did you read what I posted? read my LAST paragraph (AGAIN). I stated what I said about FWD.
FWD sucks. There's nothing sporty about it. But I wouldn't include that in reasons why I don't like it. It's a FWD car, and a shitty man-u-matic. All things you would know prior to purchasing...
Man, I have owned 13 or so vehicles. I have NEVER had paint chip as easy as this. I have chips on the hood, doors, roof, trunk, rear quarters. It's good to know we have a paint expert on here! hehe

And WTF does an accident have to do with bad paint? there is NO relation between those two subjects. One is a flaw in production. The other is driver error.

and...

Ok, so I should *HOPE* they fix my transmission later? (past 100k) and I shouldn't worry that it might break on me again while I'm driving my CLS a long distance? So let me guess, by your logic I'm dumb driving it a long distance knowing that it might fail.

I now have a $30k grocery getter, as long as the store is close to home.

Your conversation is such a catch 22.

Also, Acura did not try and fix the screw up... they stuck a band-aid on it. Did they refund ANYONE their extended vehicle warranty for the drive-train portion? Did they even discount the extended warranty for the rest of the vehicle since *THEY* are covering the transmissions? NO! you still have to pay drive-train coverage if you get it past 50k miles. Oh, and like I wouldn't get the coverage with all the other problems I've had... before you even go with the "you don't need extended warranty, it's an Acura" LMFAO.... riiiight

Man, your just another one out justifying their car to feel better about it. I like my car, but I'm not in denial that it's built like a piece of cow dung. And I should thank them for my extended warranty? LMFAO I had already BOUGHT ONE, did I get my $$$$$ back for the drive-train portion? NO.

Did you even pay for your car?

Now I suppose the "why do you still have it" then idea is in your head. Because Acura won't give me back the proper amount of $$ for it. And I can't lemon it in Kansas because of the timing of the problems. Then to add the re-sale value is way in the gutter. I'm suck with this thing until I get my house... STUCK is the key word...

Hop off your horse for a bit there cowboy...

I purchased this car in June of 00. So i've had it 4 years now. I bought it thinking it would be reliable and I'd be able to keep it until the wheels fell off. It has proven otherwise. I am afraid to keep it past the 100k mark. I have 1st hand seen how expensive the repair bills would have been for the other problems I've had already. No way I'd dump any more $$ into this car for repairs...
Old 05-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by J.T.'s 3.2TL
Where is the option for I like my Acura and will probably not buy another Acura.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:01 AM
I love my G sedan

I voted for neutral.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Advanced

I like my 03 CLS, but am so disapointed in the build quality, I'v had the car a year and a half and have had to bring it in to the dealer a number of times....Will I buy another one, maybe but whatever I buy next I will not buy a car built in the US, I'm deffinetly gonna get something still built entirely in Japan....Basicly by forcing the imports to build there cars here, the playing field has been leveled, now both have the same crappy quality and the looser is the consumer.....
Old 05-11-2004, 02:45 PM
hail to the victors

neutral but i probably won't buy another acura.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:47 PM
hail to the victors

Originally posted by Bladehunter
I like my 03 CLS, but am so disapointed in the build quality, I'v had the car a year and a half and have had to bring it in to the dealer a number of times....Will I buy another one, maybe but whatever I buy next I will not buy a car built in the US, I'm deffinetly gonna get something still built entirely in Japan....Basicly by forcing the imports to build there cars here, the playing field has been leveled, now both have the same crappy quality and the looser is the consumer.....
Old 05-11-2004, 02:52 PM
hail to the victors

Originally posted by sxsublime
that's why i bought mine because all my friends have bmw's, audi's or MB's. but now i regret it. i should've bought a used bmw instead..
Old 05-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Drifting

First off, guys, all the bitching about the paint chips.

ANY PAINT WILL CHIP!

I have had seven acuras and have never had an issue with chipped paint, and I test paints for a living. Both powder and liquid. I have this cute little instrument at work for testing paint and it has an equally cute name: Gravelometer. And it does exactly what you think. It shoots a calibrated size of gravel at painted panels up to 100 mph. As far as LIQUID paints go, Acura paint tests in the top two percent. But it doesn't hold a candle to the toughness of powder coatings.

I'm not saying you complainers don't have paint issue, but the equation add up to a lot more than the paint chemistry. You have to consider the paint "cure" also, which is a forced heat cycle. If your Acura (or whatever) is in the oven when there is an oven failure, well yes, the paint may be weak.

Now the next time you go by any toyota with 15,000 miles or more, take a look at the leading edge of the hood. You will see hundreds of chips, and that is because their paint chemistry is bad bad bad. Just my two cents.

Now, a correction to my post on page 1. I liked my CLS6 much better before someone tagged it with $4,000 of body damage.

But I still love the car!
Old 05-11-2004, 05:10 PM
TQ > MPG

The paint on mine seems perfectly fine concerning chips. It seems VERY easily scratched though. Its like the clear coat is too soft or something. :o

My black 2000 Taurus had less swirl marks/scratches after 2 years, let alone one pampered year.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Cruisin'

I see a lot of f*ckin nutheads in this thread. I bought my CL as a commuter and I think it serves its purpose well. I didn't buy this car to to race on a quarter mile or skid around tight turns. I bought an MCOUPE for that. So before you bash the car because it doesn't have cool ground effect kits (i.e. SEMA), only comes in a front wheel drive, not enough HP, etc. think what the car is really meant for. I LIKE MY CL AS A COMMUTER CAR AND I WOULD PROBABLY BUY ANOTHER ONE FOR THE SAME PURPOSE.

--jdizzle
'01 CL with no f*ckin mods.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Drifting

jktz: Acura finishes are high gloss. High gloss magnifies scratches. Fact of life, get over it.

If the wife ever asks for high gloss counter tops for the kitchen, the obvious answer is NO!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Race Director

wheres the "i dont own an acura" option.

thought i did own a honda, and then i got a mitsubishi.. so i suppose im the "i love my honda, but didnt get another one" category
Old 05-11-2004, 08:53 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
i guess i loved my cl to buy another acura, so i had to follow what i voted the other day
Old 05-11-2004, 10:01 PM
TQ > MPG

Originally posted by dfreder370
jktz: Acura finishes are high gloss. High gloss magnifies scratches. Fact of life, get over it.

If the wife ever asks for high gloss counter tops for the kitchen, the obvious answer is NO!
Thats a good piece on info, I appreciate it. I sometimes wish I had gotten the Night Hawk Black because I didnt want black previosuly because I was tired of the inability to hide scratches/dirt/swirl marks etc. This Aegean Blue seems no better than black as far as that goes, and at least black looks aggressive.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Bleed Honda Blue

Originally posted by jtkz13
The paint on mine seems perfectly fine concerning chips. It seems VERY easily scratched though. Its like the clear coat is too soft or something. :o

My black 2000 Taurus had less swirl marks/scratches after 2 years, let alone one pampered year.
Maybe you love your CL too much and wash, wax and clay your car too often! If you wash your Taurus just once in the past two years, it will more likely have less swirl marks.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Drifting

JKTZ: I love black too, but I will not own one. The only problem with black is that it looks great when clean...for about 15 minutes.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:50 PM
TQ > MPG

Nah, I took very good care of my taurus. I usually wash my cars at least once a week in the spring-summer and try my best to keep the salt of them during the winter. They never get any automatic car washes and if I use the do-it yourself quarter car washes its for rinsing off dirt/salt only.

My next car will be black, but thats only because from now on I should have a garage to park at least one of my cars in. Right now both my cars sit in the driveway right under a bunch of trees that like to leave sap and also provide a place for birds to shit.