Policemen are not all bad !

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2001, 04:21 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Policemen are not all bad !

Wow can't believe my luck today.After dropping my girlfriend off this morning I was zapped with the latest in laser technology on my way home.I knew the guy had me bagged so I just pulled over and waited for him.72 in a 55 I figured ok I'm busted pay the fine life goes on.But lo and behold the policeman gave me back my paperwork smiled and told me to slow down a bit as it is raining and have a nice day.Now that made my day,not only was the guy nice he didn't even give me a ticket.Goes to show you these guys are pretty cool when they want to be.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA high beam headlamp system H.I.D. Xenon low beam tinted, custom taillites and on and on
Old 05-26-2001, 04:24 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it was raining, maybe he didnt want to get wet.

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs
Old 05-26-2001, 04:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah...I mean the police are ultimately here to help us...but there is that handful of policemen and women that choose to ruin it for everyone. Corruption is a major part of ruining it...also there are those that choose to be very petty in giving tickets..always looking for the easy ticket rather than go out and catch someone.

------------------
Tw1112
Old 05-26-2001, 05:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Jens
Great feeling it is to catch some mercy.
Happy for ya.

It's almost impossible to predict when a cop will be a prick but by and large they seem out for blood when they catch someone who then tries to make them look stupid. Stupid by telling them a story that their eyes and radar just told them otherwise. If your wrong then its slightly better to be low key and seem to accept your fate without trying to make them feel stupid or angry.

A personal incident. More then a year ago I was doing 60 in a 35 along with two shotguns in my Integra's hatch. The guns are legal and broken down but my wallet and thus my driving info was also where the guns were. The cop asks for my info and so immediately I tell him that I have two shotguns in the hatch with my wallet. With him so close that it looked like he was going anal on me we go to the hatch where I get my info. He sees my gun license along with my long guns, says next time slow down and lets me off. I'm thrilled and grateful because here in NJ insurance surcharges are monsters. Play it straight and the odds get better, most of the times anyways.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
White\Black
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
17x7.5 BBS RX Rims
K&N Dropin AF
Navigation System
Burlwood Shifter
Guards+Fenderwell Trim
PIAA16969
Smokers Package
My Car
Old 05-26-2001, 06:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tw1112:
Yeah...I mean the police are ultimately here to help us...but there is that handful of policemen and women that choose to ruin it for everyone. Corruption is a major part of ruining it...also there are those that choose to be very petty in giving tickets..always looking for the easy ticket rather than go out and catch someone.

</font>
I agree.

"$100 for the one that arrests the most rice rockets tonight."

Old 05-26-2001, 06:10 PM
White Lightning

Well haha, I just got home right now from the Miami Meet at Home Depot....well I forgot this guy's name but he has an Acura TL with NOS and man he was tearing up the parking lot and then a cop comes by and pulls him over. He detained him for some time but let him go I think. But other than that the meet went well.

------------------
NightHawk Black CL-S
Black Interior
Clear Headlights
Nokyo Halogen Bulb Artic White
AEM Cold Air Induction
Now Working to Get Springs
Old 05-26-2001, 07:01 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amirsafdari:
if it was raining, maybe he didnt want to get wet.

</font>
That deffinatly what happen , he didnt wanna get wet...Was it a NJ trooper?

Old 05-26-2001, 07:23 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by X3.2CLSX:
Well haha, I just got home right now from the Miami Meet at Home Depot....well I forgot this guy's name but he has an Acura TL with NOS and man he was tearing up the parking lot and then a cop comes by and pulls him over. He detained him for some time but let him go I think. But other than that the meet went well.

</font>
Once again, I miss the meet. FUCK! Why do you guys have it in the afternoon anyways? Why not at nighttime? And why at the home depot/miami subs? That location SUCKS! (IMHO)

Oh well, maybe next time.

Old 05-26-2001, 08:34 PM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Al Uminum:
A personal incident. More then a year ago I was doing 60 in a 35 along with two shotguns in my Integra's hatch. The guns are legal and broken down but my wallet and thus my driving info was also where the guns were. The cop asks for my info and so immediately I tell him that I have two shotguns in the hatch with my wallet. With him so close that it looked like he was going anal on me we go to the hatch where I get my info. He sees my gun license along with my long guns, says next time slow down and lets me off. I'm thrilled and grateful because here in NJ insurance surcharges are monsters. Play it straight and the odds get better, most of the times anyways.
</font>
I know this story. Whenever I'm to and from the shooting range, I almost have to turn my radar detector off so I won't speed and make sure my license and info is right within reach. I don't want to take the chance on having to show or tell what I'm legally carrying in my trunk to LEO. Even though they are unloaded and disassembled, cops wouldn't be happy knowing that I have [the type of pistols and rifles] that I have.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 05-26-2001, 08:56 PM
White Lightning

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jayru:
Once again, I miss the meet. FUCK! Why do you guys have it in the afternoon anyways? Why not at nighttime? And why at the home depot/miami subs? That location SUCKS! (IMHO)

Oh well, maybe next time.

</font>
Sorry that you missed the meet. I didnt plan the meet or anything nor did i find out abt it till last night when i decided to find info abt a miami meet and didnt know it was today. I know it was far for me to drive. But it was well worth it. There should be a meet in MIA.

------------------
NightHawk Black CL-S
Black Interior
Clear Headlights
Nokyo Halogen Bulb Artic White
AEM Cold Air Induction
Now Working to Get Springs
Old 05-28-2001, 03:57 AM
2nd Gear

You hit it on the dot, if you are cool, understanding and cooperative chances are your interaction with the officer will go suprisingly well.
Old 05-29-2001, 03:49 PM
Banned

Oh defintely...don't bs a cop too much and you'll be alright. I got pulled over on 101s right by the airport...my friend wanted to overtake me in his GS-R...so, like any red-blooded CL-S driver..I gunned and switched over to the left lane...at 100mph+ and slowed down...but I suddenly see see a blue and red light and go fuck!! But the sergeant that came to back up the cop that pulle dme over was cool!! He was like I used to do the same games with my friends...just slow down..I was thank you!!! Here's the kicker..not more than 2 miles down...a Grand Prix weaves in and out of traffic and cuts off the officer!! I don't think lightning strikes twice...he was probably going to jail because the cop had to go on the shoulder to catch him.

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....