AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   Please HELP w/ Non-Honda Engine Swap! (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/please-help-w-non-honda-engine-swap-896172/)

Homeboy981 09-15-2013 08:19 AM

Please HELP w/ Non-Honda Engine Swap!

I am a Honda noob. Trying to put a Honda J35 engine in a Porsche Boxster S. My P-car engine died and will be $8k to fix. Would rather go with more reliability but am having a tough time finding ANYONE who has done a Honda swap outside of a Honda.

I have located a 2002 Honda Odyssey 3.5L V6 and know the engine will fit and how to modify the motor mounts….that part is easy! The questions I have start from there - can anyone here help?

I have bought the whole vehicle so can use the A/C, PS, ECU, etc. but how to get it to talk to the Porsche is another question….or can I make it run "stand-alone" using AEM engine management, if so how?

I need to pull about 300-350HP out of it. Will get an intake and headers but need help from there.

This will be a really sick car IF I can get it to work…..with the Forum's help, of course!

Thanks in advance.

Homeboy981 09-15-2013 09:15 AM

There has to be someone that has put a J35 OUTSIDE of a Honda body, like a Tim Beatle that is located in the Dallas, TX area.

I have spent $8k in mods/repairs for this Porsche to go 15,000 miles. Love the car, just HATE the costs. Meanwhile, I am beating my wife's Accord to death and it still keeps coming back for more! The power delivery is similar, same redline, not very much torque down low but will rev to the moon and keep making power.

There HAS TO BE someone that knows someone here! I have spent the last 6 months lurking, looking for local shops (every tuner wants to do NSXs).

I want a DD with the ability to go to the track on weekends and kick the V-8 guys in the shorts. My car handles better than anything that is why I am not willing to give it up.

HELP!

Hockeyman 09-30-2013 05:01 PM

Yikes, sounds like you may be in way over your head here. What are you going to do transmission wise?

PinkBatman 10-01-2013 10:01 PM

Head over to j32a.com. There are a lot of Frankenstein cars and swaps over there.

350hp will need some kind of forced induction. Aem will work great for this setup but it will need to be a manual tranny like the j32a2 (with LSD).

Homeboy981 10-17-2013 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by HockeyMan0920 (Post 14688959)
Yikes, sounds like you may be in way over your head here. What are you going to do transmission wise?

It is a 02 Boxster S…so I will use the 6 speed tranny and have a machinist who can fab the clutch mounting plate. Just need help with motor mounts, Water Pump, ECU, A/C, etc.

Don with ??? has contacted me about doing the ECU and is about 85% of the way there. We are getting close to putting a reliable power plant in an awesome body.

Have been searching for answers. Trying to close all the loops and get the build started!