Platform / Exhuast question

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Platform / Exhuast question

Tried to do a search, but couldn't come up with much... but just had a quick question regarding the platform of the CLS

Considering that we utilize the same headers/suspension/exhaust as the Accord V6 coupe. Would it be safe to say that our car, in comparison the the Accord V6 Coupe, are identical platforms? ***forgive me, I'm a neu-b*

The reason I ask, is because everyone's got the HKS (accord) axle backs... and the next trend seems to be the Greddy Evo. I think they both look sweet, and have read nothing but great reviews of both. However I'm sure it'll soon be as tired (played out) as the mesh grills *no offense to anyone with that mod, they look sik on the cars that have them, but have lost it's originality*.

Soooooo... I was thinkin' about mixing it up a bit with the Dual Greddy MX exhaust.

http://www.greddy.com/products/images/big_mx.gif

They're basically the next generation SP's and are sorta a cross between the HKS and the EVO (Evo tip, HKS oval muffler, and cat-back)

Would you guys say it'd be safe to order the Accord V6 coupe exhaust and have it fit my CLS????

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Lates.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Drifting

Re: Platform / Exhuast question

Originally posted by foRRREVerz
Tried to do a search, but couldn't come up with much... but just had a quick question regarding the platform of the CLS

Considering that we utilize the same headers/suspension/exhaust as the Accord V6 coupe. Would it be safe to say that our car, in comparison the the Accord V6 Coupe, are identical platforms? ***forgive me, I'm a neu-b*

The reason I ask, is because everyone's got the HKS (accord) axle backs... and the next trend seems to be the Greddy Evo. I think they both look sweet, and have read nothing but great reviews of both. However I'm sure it'll soon be as tired (played out) as the mesh grills *no offense to anyone with that mod, they look sik on the cars that have them, but have lost it's originality*.

Soooooo... I was thinkin' about mixing it up a bit with the Dual Greddy MX exhaust.

http://www.greddy.com/products/images/big_mx.gif

They're basically the next generation SP's and are sorta a cross between the HKS and the EVO (Evo tip, HKS oval muffler, and cat-back)

Would you guys say it'd be safe to order the Accord V6 coupe exhaust and have it fit my CLS????

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Lates.
Pics of the Greddy Evo on the CL: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=81294

Also they do make the Greddy Evos for the CL now.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:37 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: Platform / Exhuast question

Originally posted by peiqinglong
Pics of the Greddy Evo on the CL: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=81294

Also they do make the Greddy Evos for the CL now.
Thanks for the link... I saw that thread awhile ago as well. I knew the EVO was a specific application for the CL's. But I like Greddy MX line better, and wanted to get the Accord V6 Coupe version and was curious if it'd be direct bolt on my CLS.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Re: Platform / Exhuast question

Originally posted by foRRREVerz
Thanks for the link... I saw that thread awhile ago as well. I knew the EVO was a specific application for the CL's. But I like Greddy MX line better, and wanted to get the Accord V6 Coupe version and was curious if it'd be direct bolt on my CLS.
it should bolt right up

sidemarker
Old 10-11-2002, 01:02 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: Re: Re: Platform / Exhuast question

Originally posted by sidemarker
it should bolt right up

sidemarker
Nice! Now... just gotta find a decent pricing on the dual exhaust system. Thanks Sidemarker!