pix of mynew grills and spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 03:47 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whats your takeoff speed?? I'm guessing you have to rotate around 90 knots?????
Old 04-12-2001, 03:53 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
and the grills...
they loook pretty good whenulook at them in real life.. cuz my camara is kinda fucked up,, so if anyone says any shit aboutthe grills.. then u can suck my XXXX.. =)
and the spoiler...
first of all,, i know it s not the best for my car.. that s y im posting it for opinions.
i can get the stock one with LED light + installed and painted for less than $300 but i dont want it...
so i need suggestions for spoiler!!!!!!
just to clearfy something... they r not aluminum spoilers and they r pretty light.

Old 04-12-2001, 03:53 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oonowindoo:
HAHAHAH dont worry.. i havent install it yet,,i just put them on and see how it looks first u know what i m saying? like no holes on my drunk yet.
haha and regarding the WWW.acura-cl.com sticker, if u dont like it then dont COME IN HERE!!! btw: im taking them off soon HAHAHAH
i couldnt find anything other better spoiler tho.. i dont want the stock one.. i wanna be different... ANY SUGGESTION FOR spoiler other than stock ones?? i was thinking about the black widow ( it is the one on the integra next my car) but it wont fit.
AND HERE IS A RACING STORY:
on the way back home.. there was a white solora with TRD BODY KIT AND rims and indiglo.. i didnt know he was gonna race me until the light turned...
so ever since the beginning he had half a car lenghh ahead of me... and i know for suREEE that solora has stick.. cuz i could hear it when he shifts.. anywayz
he had me by half a car length ever since the beginning till the end... i was kinda shocked ( I WAS IN D5 with VSA on)..
do u guys think that solora has TRD supercharger or anything???
</font>
im going to go to whoever taught you high school grammar and kick them in the balls

------------------
Coming soon: 2001 CL Type-S
Right now: 92 Integra

Newest update: Mid-May if i can pull a miracle
Old 04-12-2001, 03:56 AM
Team Owner

y u care so much.. as long as u understand it.. i m just trying to make my message as simple as i could.
Old 04-12-2001, 03:59 AM
Drifting

y u care so much.. as long as u understand it.. i m just trying to make my message as simple as i could.</font>
You seem like a nice guy, thats all that matters.

Old 04-12-2001, 04:01 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FutureCL:
im going to go to whoever taught you high school grammar and kick them in the balls

</font>

ROFL

------------------
'01 CL type-S.
Stats on all-stock with 1/2 tank:
0-60 in 5.85
Why drink and drive, when you can smoke and fly?
Old 04-12-2001, 04:01 AM
Team Owner

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StypeCL:
Whats your takeoff speed?? I'm guessing you have to rotate around 90 knots?????</font>
Old 04-12-2001, 04:04 AM
Team Owner

</font>
______
my grammar sucks... but does ^ sound right??
it sounds kinda odd to me =)

Old 04-12-2001, 05:23 AM
Racer

HAHAHAH dont worry.. i havent install it yet,,i just put them on and see how it looks first u know what i m saying? like no holes on my drunk yet.
haha and regarding the WWW.acura-cl.com sticker, if u dont like it then dont COME IN HERE!!! btw: im taking them off soon HAHAHAH
i couldnt find anything other better spoiler tho.. i dont want the stock one.. i wanna be different... ANY SUGGESTION FOR spoiler other than stock ones?? i was thinking about the black widow ( it is the one on the integra next my car) but it wont fit.
AND HERE IS A RACING STORY:
on the way back home.. there was a white solora with TRD BODY KIT AND rims and indiglo.. i didnt know he was gonna race me until the light turned...
so ever since the beginning he had half a car lenghh ahead of me... and i know for suREEE that solora has stick.. cuz i could hear it when he shifts.. anywayz
he had me by half a car length ever since the beginning till the end... i was kinda shocked ( I WAS IN D5 with VSA on)..
do u guys think that solora has TRD supercharger or anything???
</font>
you raced my friend. he has the supercharger.

------------------
'01 cl-s blk/blk :: comptech headers, comptech springs, comptech sway bars
Old 04-12-2001, 05:24 AM
aka gimmesomesugar

I don't think he had the TRD SC. I know somebody here that has it. I don't remember exactly, but I think he did the 1/4 mile somewhere around high 13's.
Old 04-12-2001, 05:37 AM
Intermediate

you raced me. i'm so cal type s's friend and i have a silver solara, with the s/c. i didn't know you were gonna go either till the light turned and i blipped my throttle to about 2000rpm. when i heard u get on it, i got on it again.

the whole time at the light i was trying to make eye contact with ya to see if u wanted to run, but ur tint was so dark. anyhow...you got a clean car man.

and to who ever said an s/c solara can do high 13's, that's bs. the solara owner is lying. i have the s/c and i know for a fact our cars can't hit high 13 with just the s/c. maybe with other mods. we've got 3 s/c solaras in our owners group who will attest to this.
Old 04-12-2001, 05:40 AM
aka gimmesomesugar

Like I said, I can't remember exactly. I just threw out a ballpark figure...it could've been low 14's. I'll ask him about his mods and get back to you
Old 04-12-2001, 06:39 AM
aka gimmesomesugar

TRD Kazuma Supercharger, TRD strut bar, TRD Iridium sparkplugs, TRD body kit, TRD struts, Eibach springs, 17" OZ F1 Plus wheels, Powerstop cross-drilled brake rotors, TOM's brake pads (front), TOM's radiator cap, HKS intake, GReddy cat-back exhaust system, Apex'i silencer, back up sensors, R Spec digital speed/rev meter.

Sorry, no time slip to post.
Old 04-12-2001, 12:36 PM
Advanced

It's time to sell my car when I start seeing things like that.
When I purchased this car I thought the price range would eliminate the potential for such horrific acts. I guess some peoples tastes are all in there mouth.
Old 04-12-2001, 12:38 PM
Advanced

When I purchased this car I thought the price range would eliminate the potential for such horrific acts. I guess some peoples tastes are all in there mouth.
Old 04-12-2001, 12:39 PM
Advanced

Old 04-12-2001, 01:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TRDSolara:
you raced me. i'm so cal type s's friend and i have a silver solara, with the s/c. i didn't know you were gonna go either till the light turned and i blipped my throttle to about 2000rpm. when i heard u get on it, i got on it again.

the whole time at the light i was trying to make eye contact with ya to see if u wanted to run, but ur tint was so dark. anyhow...you got a clean car man.

and to who ever said an s/c solara can do high 13's, that's bs. the solara owner is lying. i have the s/c and i know for a fact our cars can't hit high 13 with just the s/c. maybe with other mods. we've got 3 s/c solaras in our owners group who will attest to this.
</font>
all depends on the pulley...you probablly make 6psi ...16 is available so are low 13's as far as the topic i said his car w/wing was the reason i wouldnt buy acura-cl.com stickers cause i dont want to be asscoiated with cars the look like that...soopa i think you should make people fill out an application before you sell them to them and show pics of car and intended future mods

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit

[This message has been edited by typeR (edited 04-12-2001).]
Old 04-12-2001, 01:48 PM
magnet

im sorry but that wing is whack if u really put that on they should ban you from the forum

------------------
2001 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter and b&m tranny cooler)3.5 litre upgrade on april 16!(dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished, vtec timing

my old car www.hondatech.org/99acv6ic.html
my cl-s
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1364953&a=11597233
Old 04-12-2001, 01:51 PM
3rd Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Satin Slayer:
TRD Kazuma Supercharger, TRD strut bar, TRD Iridium sparkplugs, TRD body kit, TRD struts, Eibach springs, 17" OZ F1 Plus wheels, Powerstop cross-drilled brake rotors, TOM's brake pads (front), TOM's radiator cap, HKS intake, GReddy cat-back exhaust system, Apex'i silencer, back up sensors, R Spec digital speed/rev meter.

Sorry, no time slip to post.
</font>
That must be Ben you are talking about. His car is an automatic. As for his Solara, he is in the process of getting rid of it. He sold most of the parts that were on his car.
Old 04-12-2001, 01:56 PM
3rd Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by typeR:
all depends on the pulley...you probablly make 6psi
</font>
Yeah, the pulley on the TRD Kazuma S/C allows only 4lbs of boost.
Old 04-12-2001, 02:09 PM
Intermediate

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
all depends on the pulley...you probablly make 6psi ...16 is available so are low 13's ...soopa i think you should make people fill out an application before you sell them to them and show pics of car and intended future mods

</font>
actually, i'm running 4psi, and occasionally 5psi of boost. i've got a boost guage to monitor that. and no way can we up boost to 16psi...although that will get us into the 13's =) Equivalent compression on boost that high would be close to 20:1...that's too much for our internals to handle.
i think we're headers and a good clutch away from 13's, cuz with our setup some are hitting low 14's.

anyhow, my setup: trd springs, bilstein struts, trd s/c, denso iridium plugs, magnacore competition 8.5 mm wires, greddy cat back, trd rear sway, and rmm intake.
Old 04-12-2001, 03:21 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

I like the gril, how did you do that ?

------------------
2001 Acura CL-S W/Nav
Stock

Live To Drive!
Old 04-12-2001, 03:28 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by droideka:
Congrats, ohnoimanassclown, you win the douche nozzle of the day award.

P.S. Your WING blows.

</font>
this award?

------------------
"the needle got buried at 140.....1,500 RPM later...the tach got buried"
Old 04-12-2001, 03:28 PM
Banned

Grill looks great! The wing makes the car look like its ready to be hung in the closet. A little too much uncle bens but other than the wing, it looks good.

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com
Forums are now open at www.BMWExperience.com
Old 04-12-2001, 03:54 PM
SatinCL

Different. Definitely different.

A modern day Daytona Superbird if you will.

------------------
Ken
'01 Satin Silver CL-P
Performance: Headers, K&N Drop-In, Comptech Springs/Sways, 17" Borbet T's & Eagle RS-A's.
Other: Flaps, X-Pel Clear Bra, Cannon Mats, & Burlwood Shift Knob.

Worst Stock GTech: 7.15
Current G-Tech (2/11): 6.33

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1188651&a=9778773
Old 04-12-2001, 04:45 PM
Team Owner

hey TRD solora..
u know i was using D5 and VSA on.. u wanna run again? i will use SS with VSA off.. i think i can keep up with u or beat u =)
BTW could u hear my intake? =)
ENOUGH OF THE SPOILER!!! TRDsolora could verify that i didnt have the spoiler when i raced him last night."
Hey guys, do u think i can beat him? =)?
Old 04-12-2001, 04:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
TRDsolora, stage 2 that shit and run me
Old 04-12-2001, 05:49 PM
Advanced

If this was my car, I would either hurry up and put a kit on it, or fill those holes!
Old 04-12-2001, 05:53 PM
Intermediate

yep...i didn't see the spoiler on his car when we ran. your car looked clean the way it was last night.

yea i know you didn't have the optimal setup when we ran...neither of us got a good launch. notice i'm not claiming anything...just saying yep...it happened as you called it.

i knew sooner or later someone was gonna challenge me =)

i'll run ppl, but it's either got to be on a real drag strip or if they can 100% gurarentee me that i won't get a exbition of speed ticket. i just got hit up for a excessive speed ticket and my pocket book can't take another hit like that =)
Old 04-12-2001, 05:56 PM
Intermediate

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
TRDsolora, stage 2 that shit and run me </font>
what do you mean by stage 2? there's no more stages above what i've got unless it's all custom.

i'm not going all out with my car, although there is one solara being worked on now that is going all out. it'll be interesting to see what he can do at some of the later races this season.

Old 04-12-2001, 06:03 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flipside909:
That must be Ben you are talking about. His car is an automatic. As for his Solara, he is in the process of getting rid of it. He sold most of the parts that were on his car.</font>
I think you're right. I only talk to him on ICQ(rare) and a Vancouver local chatboard. He goes by the name TRD3000gt. I think he mentioned that he's getting a T5 Volvo something or rather...not sure since I haven't kept myself up to date with all the Volvo models.

Old 04-12-2001, 06:16 PM
Team Owner

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phatCL:
If this was my car, I would either hurry up and put a kit on it, or fill those holes!</font>

Old 04-12-2001, 06:19 PM
Team Owner

TRD,
did u turn in to 99 ranch last night? cuz i saw u were braking, ithought u saw a popo or something, so i started to break too HAHAHA.
well, if u r gonna sell ur solora.. can i buy some parts from u ? =)
Old 04-12-2001, 06:40 PM
Intermediate

no popo...i live off of golden west so i had to make that turn. i didn't want to try and push it or cut you off...too dangerous for my blood. duarte is usually crawling with cops...
Old 04-12-2001, 06:47 PM
Team Owner

cool,
u didnt answer the important part of my questions.
if ur gonan sell ur car... can i buy some part from u for my cl-s and avalon??
Old 04-12-2001, 08:12 PM
Racer

hey TRD solora..
u know i was using D5 and VSA on.. u wanna run again? i will use SS with VSA off.. i think i can keep up with u or beat u =)
BTW could u hear my intake? =)
ENOUGH OF THE SPOILER!!! TRDsolora could verify that i didnt have the spoiler when i raced him last night."
Hey guys, do u think i can beat him? =)?
</font>
you can't beat him with just an intake. the only thing he's hearing is his greddy exhaust, then his supercharger spool, then himself laughing at your sucker ass with just a cai! haha.

he's putting about 230 to the wheels.

------------------
'01 cl-s blk/blk :: comptech headers, comptech springs, comptech sway bars
Old 04-12-2001, 08:25 PM
Intermediate

haha...hmmm...

anyhow...about selling my car...i'm willing to sell u the whole thing. been trying to find a buyer for a while now.

and i heard ur car for a split second when i backed off the throttle in the beginning. my car is too loud for me to hear much of antyhing else inside other than my own exhaust.

and yea...i'm putting in the range of 235 to 240hp to the wheels, dyno on my setup was 237hp.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:33 PM
teh Senior Instigator

hey trd, where in off of golden west? i'm up at the very top of it

------------------
"the needle got buried at 140.....1,500 RPM later...the tach got buried"
Old 04-12-2001, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,172 Likes on 3,646 Posts

Go straight to the source and slap his parents too! Sorry dude, but I'd be willing to bet you already put this spoiler on your ride. WTF did you think was going to happen when you posted those pix? And BTW, Shawn, I LOVE that 10 puke salute dude, that is hilarious.

</font>

------------------
'01 Satin Silver CL-S, tint, Momo Cobra Carbon, Mobil1, V1, 19169's

NY Lic.- F1 FAN
Future mods: Comptech springs, sways & headers
17" wheels (Heidfelds, Racing Harts or Volks) with S-02's
aerokit?

1995 Mitsu GSX, no mods
NY Lic.-I LV F1
Old 04-12-2001, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TRDSolara:
what do you mean by stage 2? there's no more stages above what i've got unless it's all custom.

i'm not going all out with my car, although there is one solara being worked on now that is going all out. it'll be interesting to see what he can do at some of the later races this season.

</font>
what he means i think is there are optional pulleys for that car that will increase boost considerablly(sp?)...maybe not 16 but 12 for sure seems to me way back some one posted the specs from the TRD site and if i remeber it got upto about 343/347 hp prolly at the fly but still it was upthere

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit

Quick Reply: pix of mynew grills and spoiler