Patience...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 01:22 PM
1 of the few 6spd owners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patience...

...really is a virtue. i finally don't feel bad for not getting my cl-s right now. i made this mistake when i got my prelude w/o the jrsc. when i seen the performance increases from the jrsc, i instantly wanted to get one. this time i'm going to be patient and wait until the supercharger for the 6-sp cl-s is out and have acura install it for it can be covered under the warranty i really do feel so much better now...because it was really close to getting one about a month ago. but with me just getting my 02' r1 and my wife expecting now...i'm REALLY HAPPY i have a plan now.
Old 05-18-2002, 02:05 PM
'Cooter

Re: Patience...

Originally posted by frank
...really is a virtue. i finally don't feel bad for not getting my cl-s right now. i made this mistake when i got my prelude w/o the jrsc. when i seen the performance increases from the jrsc, i instantly wanted to get one. this time i'm going to be patient and wait until the supercharger for the 6-sp cl-s is out and have acura install it for it can be covered under the warranty i really do feel so much better now...because it was really close to getting one about a month ago. but with me just getting my 02' r1 and my wife expecting now...i'm REALLY HAPPY i have a plan now.
waiting has both + and - ...for example, i waited too long to get the Type S floormats, and now they're not available anymore...there's no guarantee when, if ever, the sc will come out...it APPEARS it will come out soon, but u never know...my point is y base getting the car on when the sc comes out??? i say get the car now and eventually get the sc...not gonna b any different from waiting and getting the sc immediately with the car...and there's been no indication if Acura will cover this under warranty...in fact, if the tranny fails on the 6-sp with the sc on, u got hella uphill battle to fight
Old 05-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Suzuka Master

By the time the supercharger arrives, you may lose interest in the
6speed altogether.

And besides, why not get it now and enjoy it?
It's not like you're gona slap on the Supercharger right from the dealer lot. I've been told that your car needs plenty of break-in time before a heavy duty mod like an SC.

So do yourself a favor and get it now, drive it for say a good 15k+ miles and you'll be in good shape, ready and in time for an SC install. You can, however, enjoy the Comptech headers before the SC install.

{Kaptain's log: I should be selling cars :P }
Old 05-19-2002, 11:20 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by KavexTrax
By the time the supercharger arrives, you may lose interest in the
6speed altogether.

And besides, why not get it now and enjoy it?
It's not like you're gona slap on the Supercharger right from the dealer lot. I've been told that your car needs plenty of break-in time before a heavy duty mod like an SC.

So do yourself a favor and get it now, drive it for say a good 15k+ miles and you'll be in good shape, ready and in time for an SC install. You can, however, enjoy the Comptech headers before the SC install.

{Kaptain's log: I should be selling cars :P }
Get Headers, they're available from Comptech and......... oh, no one else.