Park Ave Sales Staff

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 08:24 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Ave Sales Staff

Can someone please reccomend to me a good salesperson over at Park Ave Acura? I've searched the board, and I hear good things overall about the dealership, but haven't found anything reccomending a specific sales associate.

I'm looking to trade my '01 330ci for one of the last 6spd CL's :'(
I figure I'll get the least screwed on the trade from a dealer that actually might want the car to sell (since Park Ave also sells bmw's) than from a dealer that will just send it to auction.

I'm lookin' at WRX's as well, but it would probably be tough to go from a 330ci to a rex....
Old 07-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
sorry i can't help you

But if you don't mind me asking, why are u trading in ur 330 for a cl-s 6spd? Did you have big issues w/the bmw?

btw, good luck in ur search
Old 07-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Racer

i would recommend contacting wayne gruen, he is the service manager at park ave and should be able to set you up with a salesperson
Old 07-07-2003, 09:52 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ask to speak to Anthony Franchica ,I will tell him you are calling so that he is expecting your call .Anthony is a real gentlemen ,probably the nicest guy on the sales staff .
Jens
Old 07-07-2003, 10:38 PM
Burning Brakes

I bought two Acura's from Troy Dawson before he moved to Park Avenue from Wayne Acura. He was upfront and easy to deal with. He treated me fairly on the MDX (which was a bitch to get when they first came out) and the TL-S (which was one of the first batch the dealer received).
Old 07-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
a 330ci for a cls 6mt? why?. Nothing against the cls6mt but you're talking about very similar performance...with good weather driving ability going to the 330ci because of the rwd. I'd rethink this if I were you.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
everybody and their mom has a 3 series. good choice in switching to the cl-s.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear

oh, there's NOTHING at all bad about the bmw. I will cry a river when I have to give her up. It is the most perfect car I have ever owned. Like car and driver said, it "pours itself down back roads like liquid poetry."

It's just that it's time to trade a nice car for an even nicer house. I can knock a couple hundred bucks off my car payment by going with a CL-S. It's purely a cost saving measure.

Before the BMW I had a 87 5 speed legend coupe, a 92 5 speed legend coupe, and my beautiful pearl green 94 6 speed legend coupe. The acuras are nice and I'm familiar with them so it will be like going back home again....but the bmw was just soooooooooo nice. i'm sure i'll like the CL-S but as soon as I get some mortgage paid off in 2 or 3 years, it might be M3 time.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:25 PM
CL Type S

Originally posted by zeroday
a 330ci for a cls 6mt? why?. Nothing against the cls6mt but you're talking about very similar performance...with good weather driving ability going to the 330ci because of the rwd. I'd rethink this if I were you.
This is ridiculous....If this guy wants to trade his BMW for a CLS6 then that is his choice. To belittle him for making this decision is ignorant and arrogant. Just because you decided to traded your CLS in for a Z doesn't mean a CLS is not a great VALUE. I highly doubt anyone on this board bought a CLS for pure performance. There are many other cars in the same price range that are faster. His quote of "I'm lookin' at WRX's as well, but it would probably be tough to go from a 330ci to a rex...." clearly states that he wants some luxury to go along with a reasonably fast car. Maybe he doesn't want to pay almost $10k more for another BMW. I bought my CLS because it was the most bang for the buck. I've been hearing that CLS6's have been selling for around $27ish. Tell me another car on the market that has as much performance and luxury for that price? Sounds to me like he has already done his research and is making an informed decision. He is asking for our help to refer him to a good salesperson. If you can't help this guy or say anything constructive, at least don't bash him for making his desicion and go find a 350Z forum to spend your time on.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:00 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by Speedking
This is ridiculous....If this guy wants to trade his BMW for a CLS6 then that is his choice. To belittle him for making this decision is ignorant and arrogant. ..... Sounds to me like he has already done his research and is making an informed decision. He is asking for our help to refer him to a good salesperson. If you can't help this guy or say anything constructive, at least don't bash him for making his desicion and go find a 350Z forum to spend your time on.
sheez wtf relax dude, what crawled up your ass??...where did I belittle him or bash him? I gave my honest opinion; just because I have a 350z doesn't mean I can't give an opinion? Sounds like you're pretty unreasonably defensive about your car which is your issue, not mine.

Old 07-08-2003, 12:01 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jens...
Old 07-08-2003, 12:13 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by debaser330ci
oh, there's NOTHING at all bad about the bmw. I will cry a river when I have to give her up. It is the most perfect car I have ever owned. Like car and driver said, it "pours itself down back roads like liquid poetry."

It's just that it's time to trade a nice car for an even nicer house. I can knock a couple hundred bucks off my car payment by going with a CL-S. It's purely a cost saving measure.

Before the BMW I had a 87 5 speed legend coupe, a 92 5 speed legend coupe, and my beautiful pearl green 94 6 speed legend coupe. The acuras are nice and I'm familiar with them so it will be like going back home again....but the bmw was just soooooooooo nice. i'm sure i'll like the CL-S but as soon as I get some mortgage paid off in 2 or 3 years, it might be M3 time.
makes sense now...my earlier comment stems from the fact that my close friend has a 330ci and the car is just amazing...but really I don't think you'll be losing much going to the cls6 so long as you get some sways and drop it an inch or 2 with some new springs. Good luck with it; you can't go wrong with the 6mt.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by mattg
everybody and their mom has a 3 series. good choice in switching to the cl-s.

I went to a training class up in Boston for a week and I swear that every other car was a BMW in the parking garage. ...and about half of 'em were silver

The CLS is a great value. Good luck in your search in finding one of the last ones.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:01 AM
noodles tastes good.

Exactly, there's nothing wrong with going from the 330 to the CLS6MT. Here in Vancouver, if you go to Richmond ( AKA Honger place), every 16 yr old and their mom's drive BMW's, Mercedes, Audis and TL(s)'s. BUT, it's rare to even see one CL-S on the street, and that my friend is a better feeling. Sure the BMW probably is a better ride ~ 10K more, but the luxury is still on par as well i think the CL-S 6MT has better performance (this is debatable)...and i know how you feel - when you have a woman or a house , it's better to get a bigger/better house and pay it off then get a nicer car later, while at the same time still driving a nice car, yet have a lower monthly payment. I'm in the same boat as you. Good luck!
Old 07-08-2003, 09:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Jens H.
Ask to speak to Anthony Franchica ,I will tell him you are calling so that he is expecting your call .Anthony is a real gentlemen ,probably the nicest guy on the sales staff .
Jens
debaser330ci - this is your answer right here. Jens works for PAA and is the man when it comes to servicing and modifying our cars. Give Anthony a call and enjoy the PAA experience.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the reasons (not the main one..though...)I went with the CL-S 6speed in Dec 2002 was that I didnt see hardly any of them around and I liked that. Seems like the 3** series has become like the Chevy Cavalier of upscale cars. DISCLAIMER: This does not in any way constitute the beginning of a BMW bash thread.