Park Ave Acura.. Worst service ever....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 11:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Ave Acura.. Worst service ever....

I took my car in for break service to PARK AVE ACURA IN NJ. The car was promised back the next day, and it was still not done right. I had to wait over a 4 to 5 days before they even found the right problem and corrected it. Car had 100 miles more than from the time I had it dropped off for service. It was sure a damn long test drive that they took. When I ask for an explanation they refused to give me any answers, and ask me not to ever come back to that dealership for service. When I asked for the invoice.. Fuckers changed the mileage on the invoice and claimed it was a typo. I have learned my lesson.. Never leave a car for more than an over night with the dealership.
Old 09-18-2002, 11:47 AM
Team Owner

Park Avenue Acura has the BEST service on the East Coast.
I don’t think we’re getting the entire story here.

Shawn S
Old 09-18-2002, 11:52 AM
I hate the Mets

Wow - there is a 1st for EVERYTHING!--who did you deal with?
Old 09-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Park Ave Acura.. Worst service ever....

Originally posted by nilesh21
I took my car in for break service to PARK AVE ACURA IN NJ. The car was promised back the next day, and it was still not done right. I had to wait over a 4 to 5 days before they even found the right problem and corrected it. Car had 100 miles more than from the time I had it dropped off for service. It was sure a damn long test drive that they took. When I ask for an explanation they refused to give me any answers, and ask me not to ever come back to that dealership for service. When I asked for the invoice.. Fuckers changed the mileage on the invoice and claimed it was a typo. I have learned my lesson.. Never leave a car for more than an over night with the dealership.
Ok, now its time to give the WHOLE STORY cuz so far I'm not buying it.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:03 PM
'Cooter

something seems a miss
Old 09-18-2002, 12:08 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 642 Likes on 284 Posts
why is something amiss?
I'm sure it's entirely possible he's unhappy and for good reason..
Old 09-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Astroboy
why is something amiss?
I'm sure it's entirely possible he's unhappy and for good reason..
Dealers don’t just randomly tell you “don’t ever come back to this dealership for service”.

There is a MAJOR part of this service report missing.

Shawn S
Old 09-18-2002, 12:18 PM
Intermediate

Believe it not, that's the whole story. I dealt with Pete, Tom and Wayne.
'Cooter

let's see

1, there's over 100 miles tested on the car with no explanation

2, they say never to return to the dealership again

now does that sound like the kind of treatment PAA gives its customers??

keep in mind when i go to PAA for service, i stay there the whole day, and i have not once seen anyone treat a customer any less than professional, and the behavior allegedly shown towards nilesh21 is clearly unprofessional, so that's where i'm confused
Suzuka Master

I agree with something don't sound right here.... Who did you piss off?... or better yet, who did you tell to go fuck off?... because I am sure that is why they told you not to bring your business back...

Smitty
Old 09-18-2002, 12:21 PM
Intermediate

i never told anyone to fuck off, but i did state that this was the worst service i had ever gotten.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:23 PM
'Cooter

i never told anyone to fuck off, but i did state that this was the worst service i had ever gotten.
y???

isn't it possible u had a MAJOR problem with the car they didn't know about back when u brought it in??? and it wasn't resolved for a few days??? were u even openminded to listen to reason??? or were u harping on the fact they promised the next day completion???
Old 09-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Drifting

Believe it not, that's the whole story. I dealt with Pete, Tom and Wayne.
I gotta think there is more to this. What was the brake problem, and what did they wind up doing to fix it? How much were you charged for the fix? Sure would like to hear Wayne's side of this. YMMV
Old 09-18-2002, 12:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

If they were compelled to kick you out then you must have been a real piece of work to deal with. And tell me, why the fuck would they want to put 100 miles on your car? Ever make a typo before?
Old 09-18-2002, 12:29 PM
Team Owner

Believe it not, that's the whole story.
What was the service?
What parts were changed?
Were the parts in stock?
Did you tell them the problem when you scheduled the service or just show up and expect everything to be fixed in a day?
Old 09-18-2002, 12:32 PM
'Cooter

this is total bs...i don't believe a word of it
Old 09-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Intermediate

I'm not dissatisfied with my car and the repairs performed on my car after they got it right, and I'm not dissatisfied about how long it took since they provided me a loaner car. The repairs were covered under warranty. The problem is that they refused to acknowledge or explain why the car was driven 100 miles. I am confident that it wasn't a misprint because (A) I know how many miles were on the car when it was dropped off, and (B) more than a quarter tank was used by the dealership for road tests (I presume) and the car was returned to me empty. How can they possibly need 100 miles (or 1 1/2 hours) for brake testing? Anyway, my purpose is to make you aware of this, that PAA might have taken my car for a joyride, and don't want it to happen to you.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

OMG OMG ACTUAL UNDERCOVER TAPE OF WAYNE AND TOM SPEAKING ABOUT THIS:

Wayne: So what car we gonna joyride in this weekend?

Tom: I dunno, we have three brand new NSX's in the back and this car here, left by this guy named Nilesh....

Wayne: Hmmmmph, I just can't decide...

Old 09-18-2002, 12:36 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you re-stating my story... with Suynnyside Acura... My problem was the dashboard rattles... and the 100 mile of road test... It seems that you are reading my story....
Old 09-18-2002, 12:36 PM
'Cooter

so what'd u do when they didn't give u an explanation?
Old 09-18-2002, 12:38 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
I find myself agreeing with eclipse23. 100 miles seems almost impossible to do considering the area. It must be a typo.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:52 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nilesh,
wow although there is first time for everything this just seems out of the ordinary. Can you provide more details?
Old 09-18-2002, 12:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn S
What was the service?
What parts were changed?
Were the parts in stock?
Did you tell them the problem when you scheduled the service or just show up and expect everything to be fixed in a day?
I'd be interested to hearing these answers as well.....
Old 09-18-2002, 01:05 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why would this guy lie to us?

Eclipse, last time I was there i only saw 1 NSX and it was on display!
Old 09-18-2002, 01:08 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by StonedCL
Why would this guy lie to us?
simple...keep his story more credible

as i said before, the service guys know better than to treat a customer unprofessionally...UNLESS the customer himself acted unprofessionally, and i think that's the missing link in this case
Old 09-18-2002, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Scooter
simple...keep his story more credible

as i said before, the service guys know better than to treat a customer unprofessionally...UNLESS the customer himself acted unprofessionally, and i think that's the missing link in this case
especially since they know how things are reported on this site... why would they jeapordize the relationship they have with the people from this board on one thing like this? Something isn't right.....
Old 09-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Racer

You were probably an ass, demanding things you don't deserve. Now you got what you did deserve....KICKED OUT!!!
Old 09-18-2002, 01:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Wayne, Jens.. come out, come out,, where ever you are... time for a rebuttal ???? I got a smashed k/n cone filter in the mail from them and they replaced it... Since I live 1500 miles away they could have easily refused... I REALLY need to hear the rest of the story but I'm thinking they will take care of this their own way and not make it a public debate on this site..
Old 09-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Burning Brakes

????????????????????
Old 09-18-2002, 01:54 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Ok ok ok, I can understand the loyalty some of you people have for park ave acura, and the service and the whole nine yards...but what i don't understand is that maybe this one time they phucked up. You guys are jumping down dude's back like he was a stang member or someone who phucked up a group buy. I don't get it.

IF nilesh21 got phucked then at least hear him out. Maybe no one on this site has problems with park avenue but nilesh21 did. At least respect dude. If we found out that he telling us BS then bash him :flamer: otherwise the HOLY Park Avenue dealership may be at fault for once.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:55 PM
Racer

I don't see why this guy would come on to this board and lie about something like this...but then again I can't see any of the guys at PAA being that rude or unprofessional. There was definitely some type of miscommunication.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Some people go into a relationship, even one as simple as a five minute convo over a repair job on a car, with a bad attitude. This may or may not be the case with what happened here but let me explain my POV.

Sometimes a customer will have a pre-disposition about something even before he or she opens his/her mouth. What I don't understand is how you could be asked to leave a place of business and act like you had no part of being asked to leave.

Any business, PAA included is in business to STAY in business. I am sure PAA does not settle car problems by kicking customers out UNLESS they have a pretty compelling reason. If I go into Nordstroms, ask for a refund, don't get one and decide not to act civil or be overly berating guess what... here comes security. Why? because I obviously could not keep my cool, keep the convo civil and work it out. So what do I do? I go to www.epinions.com or some other site and scream about how shitty Nordstroms is? Is that fair to Nordstroms?

My point is that I bet there was a miscommunication over expectations or estimate or time. Sounds to me like you lost your cool before you gave PAA a chance to right the wrong. Swinging accusations of joyriding, etc. are not gonna get you anywhere especially with a raised tone. Ask yourself if maybe a different approach would have yielded a different result.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:28 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Hey Nordstrums is a PHat store, Got my last pair of Diesel Jeans out there in the garden state plaza!
Old 09-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by eclipse23
Some people go into a relationship, even one as simple as a five minute convo over a repair job on a car, with a bad attitude. This may or may not be the case with what happened here but let me explain my POV.

Sometimes a customer will have a pre-disposition about something even before he or she opens his/her mouth. What I don't understand is how you could be asked to leave a place of business and act like you had no part of being asked to leave.

Any business, PAA included is in business to STAY in business. I am sure PAA does not settle car problems by kicking customers out UNLESS they have a pretty compelling reason. If I go into Nordstroms, ask for a refund, don't get one and decide not to act civil or be overly berating guess what... here comes security. Why? because I obviously could not keep my cool, keep the convo civil and work it out. So what do I do? I go to www.epinions.com or some other site and scream about how shitty Nordstroms is? Is that fair to Nordstroms?

My point is that I bet there was a miscommunication over expectations or estimate or time. Sounds to me like you lost your cool before you gave PAA a chance to right the wrong. Swinging accusations of joyriding, etc. are not gonna get you anywhere especially with a raised tone. Ask yourself if maybe a different approach would have yielded a different result.
Eclipse23 - I too understand where everyone is coming from but, honestly, if the guy goes into the dealership (hence Nashua_Night_Hawk situation too) and someone puts 100 miles on your car, you would be . I don't care how much is wrong with my brakes, it doesn't take a hundred miles to figure that out. THe guy even said he read his odometer before leaving them the car. Even if they can justify half their story, everybody is making it seems like he should just walk it off and " that's why there was a hundred miles extra on my car thanks for the service!!" HELL NO! Like I said, he has to give us the FULL reason without taking out stuff so we can understand this situation. I am with shawn on this one, let see all the info of pricing and service b4 everyone get all pissy and $hit.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:35 PM
Banned

thorodread, i couldnt agree more, its stupid how some people think because PAA is soooo great to them, that its the same with every person....everyone has different experiences...everyone...and contrary to the beleif of the guys here that give oral to the PAA guys, PAA IS capable of dealing out shitty customer service just as any other dealer is....its all a matter of the people, the time, the problem with the car, the complaint, the attitude of all parties involved, etc.....im sure PAA is great, but im sure there are people around that never go there because of some bad incident they had or that a family member had, its just the nature of business, its impossible to keep EVERYONE happy....im sure PAA likes some of you guys so much because you all stroke their dicks all the time and sit around and shoot the shit with them all day after they are done with working on your car..well, not everyone has the time to do that type of ass kissing or even cares to do that kind of ass kissing, and if i was in the position of a service manager, and customer A was really freindly and a car enthusiast like me and had the same car and we could talk about mods and i liked his car, and etc, etc...sure, then id remember them by name, give them good service, etc...but if customer B comes in, isnt rude but yet isnt overly freindly or asskissing, i wouldnt think twice and i wouldnt go OVER the normal service for him and maybe he will get pissed, who knows...all i know is that its totaly unfair to jump on this guy like that, he had shitty service at PAA, deal with it, they arent perfect, maybe he wasnt an asskisser like others here, who knows
Old 09-18-2002, 02:42 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by jimcol711
thorodread, i couldnt agree more, its stupid how some people think because PAA is soooo great to them, that its the same with every person....everyone has different experiences...everyone...and contrary to the beleif of the guys here that give oral to the PAA guys, PAA IS capable of dealing out shitty customer service just as any other dealer is....its all a matter of the people, the time, the problem with the car, the complaint, the attitude of all parties involved, etc.....im sure PAA is great, but im sure there are people around that never go there because of some bad incident they had or that a family member had, its just the nature of business, its impossible to keep EVERYONE happy....im sure PAA likes some of you guys so much because you all stroke their dicks all the time and sit around and shoot the shit with them all day after they are done with working on your car..well, not everyone has the time to do that type of ass kissing or even cares to do that kind of ass kissing, and if i was in the position of a service manager, and customer A was really freindly and a car enthusiast like me and had the same car and we could talk about mods and i liked his car, and etc, etc...sure, then id remember them by name, give them good service, etc...but if customer B comes in, isnt rude but yet isnt overly freindly or asskissing, i wouldnt think twice and i wouldnt go OVER the normal service for him and maybe he will get pissed, who knows...all i know is that its totaly unfair to jump on this guy like that, he had shitty service at PAA, deal with it, they arent perfect, maybe he wasnt an asskisser like others here, who knows
Again Jim, I agree with you!
Old 09-18-2002, 02:48 PM
Racer

I totally agree, blaming this guy for getting kicked out of PAA is definitely not the right way to go about it. People have bad days, and it might be possible that the guys at PAA were just having a bad day and they happend to take offense to what Nilesh21 was telling them.
It's true we can't think that PAA is perfect, cause everyone has their own point of view. One person might think that a certain delearship is great, while the next person thinks they are the works, and that's the case here. While the majority of us love taking our cars to PAA, because they seem to take good care of our cars and us(not because we're stroking anyone's wanger or vice versa
I personally haven't had a bad experience with them...my car is there right now getting a new trans, and Peter just called to tell me that I should have it by the end of the week. (A 1 week turnaround for a trans. is pretty good for me).
But I'm not going to say that Nilesh21 is all to blame, cause it's entirely possible that he is not. I'm sure if we got both sides of the story, some of us might be able figure out what happened.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by jimcol711

Considering I don't need an ounce of service out of them ever again since my car is going bye bye I don't have to be partial at all or asskiss as you put it. I agree that, and HAVE STATED that I think there were probably some wrongs on both sides, at first I was dogging on this guy but all kidding aside his hands aren't clean if he was asked to leave unless you think that knock down drag out disputes and hissy fits put on by the customer is justifiable.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:57 PM
'Cooter

it's impossible to PLEASE everyone, but it's not impossible to offer the SAME service to most everyone...if u think about it, there r only a handful of people like us who go to PAA for service on a regular basis...so for the most part, PAA deals with customers who r really not as hardcore about their cars as we r...but that does NOT mean they sacrifice service...they're professionals, and they do their job well, or else they can b easily replaced...if customers were unfriendly, unsatisfied, rude, obnoxious, unwilling to listen to the service guys, how do u expect a level of professionalism to exist??? do u honestly think the PAA team would greet a customer with a "morning, dropping off? well fuk u" kind of mentality??? c'mon!!!

the only reason i like PAA so much is b/c we're all professionals when it comes to working on my car...they know it, i know it, so they work hard...i'm no different than anyone else who walks in that door...this has NOTHING to do with dickstroking
Old 09-18-2002, 03:01 PM
B A N N E D

Originally posted by eclipse23
Considering I don't need an ounce of service out of them ever again since my car is going bye bye I don't have to be partial at all or asskiss as you put it. I agree that, and HAVE STATED that I think there were probably some wrongs on both sides, at first I was dogging on this guy but all kidding aside his hands aren't clean if he was asked to leave unless you think that knock down drag out disputes and hissy fits put on by the customer is justifiable.
You might not need a ounce of service outta them but You are gonna need a TON of service from right across the street at PA BMW when your engine blows...LOL...........j/k ernie

Quick Reply: Park Ave Acura.. Worst service ever....