Paint Issue Resolved!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002 | 11:19 AM
Cruisin'

Paint Issue Resolved!!!!!!!

Hi All,

If you remember my previous post about a body shop not painting my Agean blue CLS's bumpers right and me demanding my money back, you will be happy to learn that I used all the powers of well formed legal threats to get my money back!

Now I gotta figure out where to take it to. Definatly wanna be satisfied this time.

I live in the Washington DC Metro Area so anywhere around there would be fine. Please tell me if you know of a place that is really good, especially if you have, or you know someone who has an Agean blue CL and had a part repainted there.

I got my car from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg and they send people to Shannon Auto Body of Gaithersburg. But that place told me that they don't have experiance w/ my color..... just the RSX's and TL's different shade of blue.

Thanks in advance!
-Max
Old 02-27-2002 | 11:25 AM
Senior Moderator

its not the shade thats the problem,its the plastic to metal that's the problem...my friend who paints the 1000hp draggsters for a lot of different companies9racing teams) as far away as texas, even though he's in florida said..." the plastic absorbs the colors at a different rate than the metal and there fore you have do some thing different on the bumpers to get a good match,i believe its the clearcoat where this can be resolved,my converstaion with him on this was brief and i dont remeber exactly what he said,just that its a common problem but can be handled
Old 02-27-2002 | 04:40 PM
Instructor

Re: Paint Issue Resolved!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mshestop
Hi All,

...I live in the Washington DC Metro Area so anywhere around there would be fine. Please tell me if you know of a place that is really good...
Believe it or not, I've had very good experiences every time I've had body work done on my '92 Legend at Congressional Oldsmobile's "Collision Center" on Rockville Pike. It's been a couple of years since I've been there, but they always matched the color of my Legend perfectly. BTW, I used to live in Northern Virginia when I took my cars over there to be repaired. Since you live in Potomac, they're right around the corner from you. Check 'em out.