OZ Superleggera III w/ Comptech springs, etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 01:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OZ Superleggera III w/ Comptech springs, etc

Hey guys,

I am looking at the OZ Superleggera III wheel, probably the 18"ers. I am planning on eventually getting the Comptech springs / Koni shocks combination, and maybe even the Brembo brake kit at some point down the road. However, I want to make sure that whichever rim I purchase now won't go to waste due to fitment problems with the suspension upgrades.

Can anyone tell me if you have experience with this particular wheel? Also, if you don't, can you give me some advice on what I should look out for, i.e. wheel width and offset?

Thanks!
Dave
Old 06-07-2002, 02:44 AM
Instructor

bobowah has that rim. Do a Search on "Superleggera". Go with 225/40/18s to avoid rubbing issues with the CT springs. 225/45/18 may work as well as might 235/40/18.
I'm pretty sure the offset on these rims is 45mm. They will probably be even with your fender, so you may have to roll the rear fender wells.
I'm saying "probably" and "might" because a lot depends on your tire ratios and which brand of tires you use.
Best of luck. Those are sweet rims.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:32 PM
suspension dude

check with comptech on the superleggra iii. They should get those in first to check fit.

but the superleggras 1 will definitely clear the brembos..

the +45 offset pushes out the wheel and tire enough just to hit the appropriate areas on the fender to rub.

for tire sizes... if you really don't want head aches... 225/40/18 but the ride is going to be pretty rough...

235/40/18 might be the best bet on ride quality... I would just worry about the width and height of the tire b/c that's what I'm running to problems with even with the 225/45/18.

with the comptech drop you will be fine... it's still pretty high.

just make sure you don't talk to the num nut sales guy at comptech that does not know anything. Ask for Bob... he will get the right info from Shad the lead mechanic.

-bobowah
Old 06-08-2002, 02:35 AM
Intermediate

Hi bobowah,

Thanks for the tips! So the ride is rough, eh? What about the shocks, will adjusting them help at all?

I got in touch with the people at OZ, and they told me that I need the 19x8 SL III for it to fit... kinda expensive, and the tires alone would put me in the poor house. So I guess I'll have to look at other options. I like the regular SuperLeggeras, but the "sunken-in" look (I have no idea what that's really called) of the SL IIIs is too nice to pass up.

How badly does your setup rub in the wheel wells?

Thanks!
Dave