Our bad brakes...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001 | 04:58 AM
Advanced

Our bad brakes...

My rotors were also warped. I got them "fixed" last week. I made an appointment for three weeks earlier and went to the dealer only to find out that they didn't have replacement pads. The brake pads were on National Backorder. There is a problem! I had to reschedule the appointment for last week and all they did was resurface my rotors. They didnt even put the new pads on. (That was done under warranty) I was in a rush to go to work so I didn't fume on the service assoicate.
That's not going to solve the problem. I'm suggesting that EVERYONE call Acura Customer Service on Monday and give them a piece of your mind. The only way were going to get something done is to speak-up about it.

Acura Customer Service 1-800-382-2238 M-F 6AM Pacific
Old 08-12-2001 | 05:08 AM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by 89si:
<STRONG>My rotors were also warped. I got them "fixed" last week. I made an appointment for three weeks earlier and went to the dealer only to find out that they didn't have replacement pads. The brake pads were on National Backorder. There is a problem! I had to reschedule the appointment for last week and all they did was resurface my rotors. They didnt even put the new pads on. (That was done under warranty) I was in a rush to go to work so I didn't fume on the service assoicate.
That's not going to solve the problem. I'm suggesting that EVERYONE call Acura Customer Service on Monday and give them a piece of your mind. The only way were going to get something done is to speak-up about it.

Acura Customer Service 1-800-382-2238 M-F 6AM Pacific</STRONG>
Mine is going in Monday for the 15k service, and i'm also having serious brake shudder. Based on everyones feedback, i will ask for new rotors and pads if necessary and see what happens. I will let everyone know my results next week.
Old 08-12-2001 | 02:09 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Originally posted by 89si:
<STRONG>My rotors were also warped. I got them "fixed" last week. I made an appointment for three weeks earlier and went to the dealer only to find out that they didn't have replacement pads. The brake pads were on National Backorder. There is a problem! I had to reschedule the appointment for last week and all they did was resurface my rotors. They didnt even put the new pads on. (That was done under warranty) I was in a rush to go to work so I didn't fume on the service assoicate.

Acura Customer Service 1-800-382-2238 M-F 6AM Pacific</STRONG>
why would you fume on the service advisor, its not his fault the pads are on backorder, and you have to understand, mfg's anticipate a set number of replacment pads,(esp if there is a design change) - production comes first - at any cost, replacement comes second, if pads are implemented into production as an updated parts the cl line does not stop, pdc's will have to wait for there orders as they come in from pad mfg'r
i take it the dealer has ordered the pads, when they come in you'll get them, keep your service receipt if you have a problem with the rotors in the future, you can ask for new rotors