Only "dislike" so far

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 10:57 AM
Fastdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only "dislike" so far

I got my CL-S on 3/28/01. I already have over 1,400 miles on it and I only have to drive a few miles to work. You can see that I love to drive it. My only "dislike" is that the moonroof doesn't open all the way. If they made the back window smaller, I think this could be resolved. Let me just say that it is head over heels BETTER then the 1999 Motor Trend Car of the Year that I WAS driving for almost 3 years!

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior.[list][*]No nav.[*]Three coats of Zaino so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
fastdriver's car without Zaino!
Fastdriver's car with 3 coats of Zaino
Old 04-10-2001, 11:36 AM
Instructor

My only dislike is the fact that in the rear, the middle section with the storage compartment can't be folded up. Can't get a little nookie back there

------------------
2001 CL Type S Fast
1993 Mazda RX7 Faster
1999 Honda CBR900rr Fastest
Old 04-10-2001, 12:00 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fastdriver:
I got my CL-S on 3/28/01. I already have over 1,400 miles on it and I only have to drive a few miles to work. You can see that I love to drive it. My only "dislike" is that the moonroof doesn't open all the way. If they made the back window smaller, I think this could be resolved. Let me just say that it is head over heels BETTER then the 1999 Motor Trend Car of the Year that I WAS driving for almost 3 years!
</font>
Yea... its pretty stupid how they did that...

I understand why the rear is tapered how it is... i mean... it makes the whole look of the car.

But they could have moved the sunroof opening up towards the front a few inches... so it would have more room in back to open.

I had a '00 TL before my CLS and the sunroof made it feel like a friggen targa compared to the CLS!

Oh well.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 04-10-2001, 02:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a couple of complaints...

1. Front Wheel Drive (Oh Well)

2. Not really designed for guys 6'4". Basically, I could have more room. The tilt does not go up high enough on the wheel.

3. Not enough power! (Of course, I could be strapped to a rocket engine and not have enough power!)

All in all, I love the car and I'm sure I'll keep it for at least a couple years.

-Ash
Old 04-10-2001, 04:45 PM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
Yea... its pretty stupid how they did that...

I understand why the rear is tapered how it is... i mean... it makes the whole look of the car.

But they could have moved the sunroof opening up towards the front a few inches... so it would have more room in back to open.

I had a '00 TL before my CLS and the sunroof made it feel like a friggen targa compared to the CLS!

Oh well.
</font>

I just thought of one more thing that's kind of dumb. The radio buttons on the steering wheel only scan the stations you have set on that band! I had buttons like this on my 96 Buick Riviera, but they scanned the WHOLE spectrum of stations, not just the six that were set on that FM band.

Oh well, can't have everything. As long as it doesn't have to go back to the dealer every few weeks or so for repairs lik my 99 Chrysler 300M, I'll be thrilled!

I'll probably think of a few more things that are dumb, like those lights in the bottom of the bumper. What is their purpose other then to fill up that cavity area? WHY dim white bulbs? I'm changing them to the amber ASAP.

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior.[list][*]No nav.[*]Three coats of Zaino so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
Old 04-11-2001, 02:36 AM
Rx Master

WOrst problem im havin now is that the car is creakin and makin noises and is when i break from high speads, the car pulls and seems like i may need new brakes at 12k mile. hats prett early huh, should i tell acura about that or what. i also hate the sunroof not openin all the way
wg

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, bel 950 radar detector, and 2 chamber flowmaster exaust
hyperwhie highbeams and corner lights, and eyeball fogs. 620+ posts makes me still a freak on the old Cl page.
my cl-s http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=11443786
Old 04-11-2001, 02:49 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Well most of the honda's sunroof is like that.. like civics. so when i bought mine i already knew the sunroof wont open all the way down. Cuz i have an avalon.. its sunroof is HUGE and it opens all the way so i dont really care , HEHE =)
BUT HEREIS THE LIST I dislike cl-s
#1. NO STICK SHIFT!!!!!!!!!
#2 TOO MANY PROBLEMS
#3 RATTLES
#4 SUCKY TIRES
#5 WASTE TOO MUCH GAS ( FOR ME)compare to my avalon
#6 NO STOCK BODY KIT ( LIKE TL's)
#7 FUCKED UP SUSPENSION
#8 NO CLEAR TAILlight (LIKE TLS)
#9 I HATE THE FUCKING FOG LIGHT
#10 it s not fast enough FOR 260HP.. i expect CL-S can go 0-60 under 6..instead of 6.5 from its 260 HP
other than those, i m happy with it... but even tho with all theproblems above.. my car is still a pimpin car =)
Old 04-11-2001, 12:17 PM
What, me worry?

Location: Carrollton, tx. land of heaving pavement & revenue generating pigs.
In the few months I've had mine I think my biggest gripes are; the sunroof, not only does it not open enough but it's loud as hell. Next the tach location. It's impossible to get in good driving position and still see it. Then last, I like to cruise with the window down with my arm resting on the window sill. Unless your built like an Orangutan it's very uncomfortable and trying to hold the wheel with the left arm in this position is even harder. Probably made that way to keep the body away from the side airbag.

------------------
CL-P,Monterey blue,35psi in my tires and constantly surfing radio stations with my steering wheel switch.
Old 04-11-2001, 05:49 PM
Intermediate

My only dislike is that I haven't been able to sell my truck yet to have the cash to buy my CL-s...
Old 04-11-2001, 06:45 PM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dboy619:
My only dislike is that I haven't been able to sell my truck yet to have the cash to buy my CL-s...</font>
dboy619-

Hang in there! You'll sell it. The wait will definitely be worth it!

------------------
fastdriver
Old 04-11-2001, 06:59 PM
Instructor

Dislikes:
1. Sunroof glass panel does not fully retract
2. Slow retracting seat belts.
3. Rear seat backs do not fold down.
Silver CLS on LI