One good turn deserves another......

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
One good turn deserves another......

Hi All

I don't know if this counts as rambling or not, but it's fun nonetheless.......

So monday was a wild day for me. I had flown home from houston after spending xmas at home. My flight was delayed so I ended up wandering around the houston airport (flying back to Laguardia). So I hear some guy yelling behind me, and I look back and I had dropped my wallet! So that was VERY lucky he saw that. I would have been SCREWED if I lost my only picture ID.

So my flight back to Laguardia in NY was pretty good. Then I got a rude shock when I went to prepay my ticket at a machine. $168 parking fee for 7 days! Laguardia has crappy parking and I couldn't figure out where any unfilled long term parking lots were. So I was forced to park in a daily lot. Ouch!

I was highly considering pretending to lose my parking card, which probably would have meant I just paid one full day. But I was having a good karma day so I figure I shouldn't screw with that.

So I'm driving home, and I'm going faster than normal (it's 1 am). I'm humming along between 75 - 80 mph. I pass some riced out civic, and apparently that annoys him, because he speeds up and decides to pass me.

For some reason I catch up with riceboy and pass him again, but I don't think much of it. Then a white ford thunderbird starts closing in on me (I'm in the fast lane) and starts tailgating the hell out of me, so I figure I should get out of his way. I look in my rearview and I spy riceboy coming up, so I wait until he passes me. So riceboy zooms by and as expected the thunderbird goes around me and passes me.

So I watch the two of them zoom up ahead for a little bit and then all of a sudden....... police lights! The thunderbird was a stealth cop! So that riceboy hella saved my ass!

Happy holidays everyone!
Old 01-01-2003, 04:25 PM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe u owned riceboy and didn't even realize it
Old 01-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Working with Lumberg.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You too are graced with the unkown power to auto-detect cop trouble. I have it too. Normally, I am the guy going fast (NO WEAVING, I hate those fvckers). Every so often outta nowhere, I slow down to 65 (unheard of on 287). Never fails, there will always be a cop there (almost scary). 5 years without a ticket...shocking.

Congrats on the non-ticket, and on having the 'power'...