O/T but... Im JobLess Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 09:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O/T but... Im JobLess Help

Hey guys, I just lost my job today, our company like many other internet companys ran out of money and fired all da employees. damn fuckers. Well needless to say, I need a job asap. Im a network and NT engineer, admin wat ever u want to call it. MCSE. i'll snd u a resume if any one of u guys can help. Im in va so i'll take a job near va. thnx guys.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Swayz next... Finally Polarg m-6.
Old 01-05-2001, 09:31 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Well... I think this is one O/T post that deserves to stay in the prominent forum.

Good luck bro... I can relate... I was spared earlier this week in my companys round of 55 layoff's... 40% of staff

And my girlfriend recently lost her job.

Find yourself a good head hunter and it will be ok.

keep your head up

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 01-05-2001, 09:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, perhaps something in Los Angeles (can always use good people [everywhere])

Seems like lots of people in the Internet/Tech/etc are getting dumped. Slow economy or what... I think the FED went too far... And there was that Barron's cash burn article (oops, getting way off topic...)
Old 01-05-2001, 09:45 PM
I love my CL-S

ahh...that sucks........if you want...maybe find a part time job first??..at least you will still earn some money...better then nothing......dont sell your car....

------------------
01 silver cl-s
k&n air filter

clean cl-s=270 HP
Old 01-05-2001, 09:47 PM
Suzuka Master

our company was at a high of 300 people, and then we cut 50 people. and then a month later we cut 45% of that. and then 6 weeks later which is today they cut 100% of da company. if you want to check out this sorry as company itz www.onesoft.com. but it did have alot of perks. game room (n64,ps,dC) and free vending machine. but none of this matters if they got no loot.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Swayz next... Finally Polarg m-6.
Old 01-05-2001, 09:51 PM
Number 37

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
our company was at a high of 300 people, and then we cut 50 people. and then a month later we cut 45% of that. and then 6 weeks later which is today they cut 100% of da company. if you want to check out this sorry as company itz www.onesoft.com. but it did have alot of perks. game room (n64,ps,dC) and free vending machine. but none of this matters if they got no loot.

</font>
Maybe they ran out of loot because of all the perks. j/k. Good techs are in real high demand. Throw your resume out on monster and you'll be swiped up in no time

------------------
Please rear end me in my Accord, so I have to buy a Type-s
Old 01-05-2001, 10:06 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Well I've been in the Staffing Industry for the past 13 years exclusively in the Northern California Bay Area, specializing in "Solutions" and Specaility Staffing. I ONLY do Contracts of Senior nature. Bay Area still very strong, but who knows !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl
Old 01-05-2001, 10:17 PM
Adult Supervision

Hey guys, I just lost my job today, our company like many other internet companys ran out of money and fired all da employees. damn fuckers. Well needless to say, I need a job asap. Im a network and NT engineer, admin wat ever u want to call it. MCSE. i'll snd u a resume if any one of u guys can help. Im in va so i'll take a job near va. thnx guys.

</font>
Depending on how far the locations are, check out: UUnet/Worldcom, AOL. These are heavyweights who will continue to exist and are hiring gobs of people.

Also check into any large scale hardware manufacturer (telecom). In VA are people like Nortel, Siemens, and others. Infrastructure hardware is not creating alot of wealth on the options side but the internet is still growing and needs alot of iron to do it. You shouldn't have to move if you do not want to.

------------------
MikeS 18
'01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT
Old 01-05-2001, 10:27 PM
Number 37

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
Depending on how far the locations are, check out: UUnet/Worldcom, AOL. These are heavyweights who will continue to exist and are hiring gobs of people.

Also check into any large scale hardware manufacturer (telecom). In VA are people like Nortel, Siemens, and others. Infrastructure hardware is not creating alot of wealth on the options side but the internet is still growing and needs alot of iron to do it. You shouldn't have to move if you do not want to.

</font>
I work for Worldcom. Good company

------------------
Please rear end me in my Accord, so I have to buy a Type-s
Old 01-05-2001, 11:29 PM
Advanced

NOVA..try looking at the worldcom mci site. they have a lot opening. alot of people are leaving and finding other job so they are in need of people for provisioning position. i just gave them my two week today cuz i got a new job at globalone doing pricing. keep in touch and i'll see what i can do about passing ur resume around..good luck dude..
Old 01-06-2001, 03:25 AM
Drifting

Try computerjobs.com, that's where I found my job. I definately got a lot of hits from Monster. If I see anything I'll keep you posted.

Spiro
Old 01-06-2001, 04:00 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
I work for an IT Consulting/Staffing company in L.A., so unless your gonna move to the West Coast I can't help you personally. But I would highly recommend using www.dice.com and www.monster.com. Not only search the job listings, but also post your resume to the site. There are other sites, but those two will likely yield the best results.

------------------
2001 Silver CL-P
PIAA 19169
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tinted
Old 01-06-2001, 04:49 AM
Suzuka Master

What sux is that I applied for worldcom a few months back and they were interested and was going to hire me but I turned them down cuz my company matched there salary. Same senerio w/ AOL I rejected them like 2 years ago. hey but if you want to refer me so I can go back to Worldcom I"m all in for it. you'll probably get a good referal bonus.

------------------
CL-S
Old 01-06-2001, 04:53 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nootch:
Maybe they ran out of loot because of all the perks. j/k. Good techs are in real high demand. Throw your resume out on monster and you'll be swiped up in no time

</font>
No joke, I think your right one of da main reasons we were running out of loot was becuase we had so much perks. imagine free lunch every friday. catered for the intire company and comany party's every two months. just for BS. and happy hour, game room, free movie ticket.... and all dis other junx. Oh and laptopz and cell fones for everyone including receptionist. Stupid money mangement. But I had fun. hehe

------------------
CL-S
Old 01-06-2001, 07:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
---------------------------------------
No joke, I think your right one of da main reasons we were running out of loot was becuase we had so much perks. imagine free lunch every friday. catered for the intire company and comany party's every two months. just for BS. and happy hour, game room, free movie ticket.... and all dis other junx. Oh and laptopz and cell fones for everyone including receptionist. Stupid money mangement. But I had fun. hehe
------------------------------------------

Lots of the places had free drinks, beer night, all kind of stuff *and* it was all about market share and gobbling-up more companies.

Then, alas, the new mantra was, "... we got to turn a profit". Hmmm, what is wrong with this picture.

You will get a better job. You will get a better job!

Old 01-06-2001, 11:19 AM
Adult Supervision

What sux is that I applied for worldcom a few months back and they were interested and was going to hire me but I turned them down cuz my company matched there salary. Same senerio w/ AOL I rejected them like 2 years ago. hey but if you want to refer me so I can go back to Worldcom I"m all in for it. you'll probably get a good referal bonus.

</font>
These places are so hungry for good talent that they don't hold grudges unless you are looking at exactly the same hiring manager. I would head right back in. Especially AOL - they won't know that you were there two years ago.

------------------
MikeS 18
'01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT
Old 01-06-2001, 01:48 PM

Dude, don't feel bad. I think I may be in the same boat you're in fairly soon, as in this summer. My company is out in Chantilly, and our stock has been below $1 since Nov. now. I'm getting kinda scared, because I do internet ad sales, and thats what the company relies on for revenue!

I work hard, but we are still NO where near hitting our goals, they are WAY too high!

If the goals were hit I'd be making over $10K/month in commission alone.

Good luck dude! Definitely check out AOL out here in Dulles, they are always hiring...
Old 01-06-2001, 01:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's my take on this...

If I go to all of the trouble of finding another job and thenmy company matches the salary...too late, b/c I'm gone.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
These places are so hungry for good talent that they don't hold grudges unless you are looking at exactly the same hiring manager. I would head right back in. Especially AOL - they won't know that you were there two years ago.

</font>

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint
Best 0-60. 6.08 Gtech Pro (Preheaders)

My Car
Old 01-06-2001, 09:19 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike:
Here's my take on this...

If I go to all of the trouble of finding another job and thenmy company matches the salary...too late, b/c I'm gone.

</font>
Agreed. Very rarely do you leave a job for the money. You might accept one over another, but usually something other than a lack of money starts you looking in the first place.

------------------
MikeS 18
Old 01-06-2001, 09:24 PM
Pro

Damn Joe...sorry to hear that bro. If you had Pre-Sales experience I could hook you up. Unfortunately, companies like Nortel, Cisco, Lucent want people with routers, switches, f/w, etc.

Call me, let's talk. Do you have any Layer 2-3 experience?
Old 01-06-2001, 09:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

dude, sorry to hear that. i comp&elec. retail when i'm not in school, and even on that end jobs aren't secure. lots of the 6 figure guys at my company are getting either paycuts or demotions. competion and online orders take a cut from our pockets. at least i'm part time.

------------------
YuppieCL
'01 3.2CL Type S
#6487, Satin Silver, Navi, Spoiler, Comptech springs, 35% Llumar window tint, Full nose mask