Not guilty, Your Honor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 04:27 PM
Masshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not guilty, Your Honor!!!

Had my hearing today for a speeding ticket I got back in August. The cop said I was going 45 in a 30 estimated. I took pics of the sign the next morning...it was a 35 mph zone. I told the Clerk Magistrate that I had passed the cop while he had someone else pulled over at 1:15am and why would I have SPED past him? I said I looked at my speedo and it said 35 on the dot. The DA in the hearing said, "Well, I certainly don't want to try to prosecute this one...we're very sorry for all this inconvenience. This is my 4th successful ticket fight in the past 6 years. Anyone out there who doesn't fight their tickets is making a big mistake...ALWAYS FIGHT THEM!!! Now, I'm still a safe driver and that insurance is getting LOW now!!!
Old 10-12-2001, 05:30 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by tmk70:
<STRONG>Had my hearing today for a speeding ticket I got back in August. The cop said I was going 45 in a 30 estimated. I took pics of the sign the next morning...it was a 35 mph zone. I told the Clerk Magistrate that I had passed the cop while he had someone else pulled over at 1:15am and why would I have SPED past him? I said I looked at my speedo and it said 35 on the dot. The DA in the hearing said, "Well, I certainly don't want to try to prosecute this one...we're very sorry for all this inconvenience. This is my 4th successful ticket fight in the past 6 years. Anyone out there who doesn't fight their tickets is making a big mistake...ALWAYS FIGHT THEM!!! Now, I'm still a safe driver and that insurance is getting LOW now!!! </STRONG>
I got 2 careless driving tickets while since i got the CL and got no points. U can fight the ticket and 75% of the time u will get off, but u gotta pay more fine if u dont get points, Much better in the long run to pay double fine no points.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:44 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Give'em HELL
Old 10-12-2001, 07:55 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by tmk70:
<STRONG>Had my hearing today for a speeding ticket I got back in August. The cop said I was going 45 in a 30 estimated. I took pics of the sign the next morning...it was a 35 mph zone. I told the Clerk Magistrate that I had passed the cop while he had someone else pulled over at 1:15am and why would I have SPED past him? I said I looked at my speedo and it said 35 on the dot. The DA in the hearing said, "Well, I certainly don't want to try to prosecute this one...we're very sorry for all this inconvenience. This is my 4th successful ticket fight in the past 6 years. Anyone out there who doesn't fight their tickets is making a big mistake...ALWAYS FIGHT THEM!!! Now, I'm still a safe driver and that insurance is getting LOW now!!! </STRONG>
Don't you see any difference. You said your were actually doing the speed limit and no one had any reason not to believe you. So the judge sided with you, yes if you are truthful and have been wronged, the law should side with you, even in court.

Now, it seems like you are asking others by using your own personal example, to carry their sorry asses into court regardless and fight the 95 in a 65 or the 80 in a 45 tickets because you can't win if you don't go to court. Perhaps they should lie? After all traffic court is not real court, eh?

"ALWAYS FIGHT THEM", even if you are dead wrong and you were speeding and you know it and you know your were caught, too. Is that what you're saying?
Old 10-13-2001, 09:01 AM
Masshole

Come on KenSteele....I meant fight every ticket where you feel you were either wronged, have a valid excuse, or in cases where the cop screwed up the ticket. I felt good about my case, and I ended up winning it, I just wanted to share the joy, that's all. And YES, if you can tell a white lie, DO IT. I have 4 dropped tickets now to prove it....need I say more?
Old 10-13-2001, 09:05 AM
Masshole

Hey Stoned....

Not all states are the same on that one. In Massachusetts, if you get a ticket and fight it, you have 3 ways to go.

1) They find you guilty, in which case you pay the ticket at face value and get surcharged for SIX years.

2) They find you NOT guilty, in which case you walk with no damage whatsoever to your record.

3) They decide you have some valid points in your defense and reduce the amount of your ticket, but you STILL get surcharged for six years.

Shit, if I had the option to double my fine and keep my points the same, I'd do it. How can that be? What if you get like 5 tickets in a week? You just pay double fines and keep driving? If so, then I'm moving to your state, pal!!!

Originally posted by StonedCL

I got 2 careless driving tickets while since i got the CL and got no points. U can fight the ticket and 75% of the time u will get off, but u gotta pay more fine if u dont get points, Much better in the long run to pay double fine no points.