No TL-S... getting a Prelude

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 07:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No TL-S... getting a Prelude

Hey Guys... sorry to report that I wont be buying a TL-S... fiance is getting a car and $22K is about the limit, so Prelude is the car. I know some of you dont like the look of the new ones... call me crazy, but I love the look of the new Preludes... always have. I think the interiors are boring, though, and I plan on buying white gauges, carbon fiber kit, and adding a tv up in it.

The first mods will be springs and three types of sway bars... they have three on Snooks site, but I'm not sure which one to get. Should I get all three? Man, I'm not an expert on these kinds of things.

Also... how should I go about buying the damn thing? Should I fax all the dealers and bombard them with offers, call the dealers individually... not sure.

I know its the last year of the Prelude, by the way... I intend on paying 21K plus 1200 for leather. Anyway, any and all advice will be appreciated.
Old 07-10-2001, 07:50 PM
Pro

Originally posted by JATLIFE:
<STRONG>Hey Guys... sorry to report that I wont be buying a TL-S... fiance is getting a car and $22K is about the limit, so Prelude is the car. I know some of you dont like the look of the new ones... call me crazy, but I love the look of the new Preludes... always have. I think the interiors are boring, though, and I plan on buying white gauges, carbon fiber kit, and adding a tv up in it.

The first mods will be springs and three types of sway bars... they have three on Snooks site, but I'm not sure which one to get. Should I get all three? Man, I'm not an expert on these kinds of things.

Also... how should I go about buying the damn thing? Should I fax all the dealers and bombard them with offers, call the dealers individually... not sure.

I know its the last year of the Prelude, by the way... I intend on paying 21K plus 1200 for leather. Anyway, any and all advice will be appreciated.</STRONG>
Hey we all understand.. $30k is still a lot of money.. at least you are still in the Honda/Acura family.. probably see ya on the highway.
Old 07-10-2001, 08:04 PM
Pro

Welcome to the prelude family. Theres quit a few resources online for the prelude. Here they are as follows:

1. www.preludeonline.com
2. www.hondaprelude.com

The most visited would be #1, sorta like this forum, #2 has member profiles w/ car pics and setups and it also has a huge link section. Theres other 'lude sites but those are the ones off the top of my head. Enjoy your lude dude! <---corny
Old 07-10-2001, 08:46 PM
Instructor

wow i've never seen those urls before...
all I can say is, being a former prelude owner, got boost?
slap a turbo kit on it...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i'll be selling my kit soon, after I take pix and see what's missing....
Old 07-10-2001, 10:35 PM
Team Owner

I think I read somewhere that this may be the last year for the Prelude.
They are nice cars, but the value will drop like a stone if this happens.

I wish you luck either way.

Shawn S
Old 07-11-2001, 01:25 AM
Pro

naw shawn, i think the prelude will holds it's value just fine. Look @ the supra and the RX-7, they are discontinued but hold thier value damn well if you ask me.
Old 07-11-2001, 01:46 AM
I love my CL-S

Originally posted by JATLIFE:
<STRONG>Hey Guys... sorry to report that I wont be buying a TL-S... fiance is getting a car and $22K is about the limit, so Prelude is the car. I know some of you dont like the look of the new ones... call me crazy, but I love the look of the new Preludes... always have. I think the interiors are boring, though, and I plan on buying white gauges, carbon fiber kit, and adding a tv up in it.

I know its the last year of the Prelude, by the way... I intend on paying 21K plus 1200 for leather. Anyway, any and all advice will be appreciated.</STRONG>
good choice..i love the lude. they are great car. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MUGEN EXHAUST
Old 07-11-2001, 01:51 AM
Racer

Don't feel bad about not gettin the Tl....the Prelude is way better lookin...and it has so much more performance potential...i also say go for a nice turbo...and stay away from ugly ass body kits.
Old 07-11-2001, 04:23 AM
do it yourself, !

Originally posted by Dyno_CL-S:
<STRONG>naw shawn, i think the prelude will holds it's value just fine. Look @ the supra and the RX-7, they are discontinued but hold thier value damn well if you ask me.</STRONG>
Yea but the rx-7 and supra were 35k+ cars. Also "true" sports cars. Also like the 3000gt vr4. Not sure if this rep would stick for the prelude. But I could be wrong..

-j
Old 07-11-2001, 12:57 PM
Pro

jatlife, i just read your post @ preludeonline.com, why are you getting an auto tranny?? get a 5 spd bro!