no juice

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no juice

True story:
Thu a.m., I am getting back to my car at the airport after 4 days on the road. I had it parked open air and the temp in Dallas had been between daytime 60's to nights in the 40's, with one day of rain. Everything was cool when I left it. When I get back, I can open the trunk and door remotely, but then the car has absolutely zero power. No lights, nothing. I open the hood to check the battery cables and they are clean and tight. I get back in to the car and all the lights are on and it starts right up. However, the clock is at 12:00 and the radio needs the code to come back on, so I know I had a complete power disconnect.
I have absolutely no clue what could have happened and am not sure if this will repeat.
Anyone with a similar episode or an answer to this mystery??
Old 11-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

weird. ive never had a similar experience.

Good to see you're still around Rootbeer.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Banned

UFO was flying over as you were pressing the trunk button. They've been known to cause electrical interferences.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:11 PM
2004 Euro Cup Champions

on a side note. you have on your sig listed PIAA 19169's. those are your road lamp bulbs right?
Old 11-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Advanced

Yes, they are the road lights, dim as they are. One just burned out this week. Not bad after 3 years.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: no juice

Originally posted by rootbeer
True story:
Thu a.m., I am getting back to my car at the airport after 4 days on the road. I had it parked open air and the temp in Dallas had been between daytime 60's to nights in the 40's, with one day of rain. Everything was cool when I left it. When I get back, I can open the trunk and door remotely, but then the car has absolutely zero power. No lights, nothing. I open the hood to check the battery cables and they are clean and tight. I get back in to the car and all the lights are on and it starts right up. However, the clock is at 12:00 and the radio needs the code to come back on, so I know I had a complete power disconnect.
I have absolutely no clue what could have happened and am not sure if this will repeat.
Anyone with a similar episode or an answer to this mystery??
Yes I had a similar situation but I had it checked out right away.. And a fter diagnostic tests it was the battery. Haven't had a problem since..