AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   NJ inspection station passing w tints? (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/nj-inspection-station-passing-w-tints-472362/)

lothian110 08-29-2005 10:27 AM

NJ inspection station passing w tints?

Anyone know any nj inspection stations that will pass my car with tints on it. got any friends etc. I've been to a couple and have been asking me around, but everyone keeps telling me its too risky. I bought my car with tints on them and i like them, i dont want to take them off, and then have the car inspected, it doesnt make sense to me.

So, please ask around, and see if anyone knows where i can go in NJ to get my car inspected, where they would pass me with tinted windows. Im in North Jersey but im willing to drive a lil as long as i can get'r done (sorry i was in florida for a week).

THANKS!

gto2050 08-29-2005 10:45 AM

Go to a private inspection station. Maybe a gas station in your area will do it for you. The state will definitely fail you.

There is a Sunoco station in Pompton Plains (off Rt23 and I287) on Newark Pompton Turnpike that is pretty good about letting stuff like that go.

6peedSleepR 08-29-2005 11:03 AM

N J. sux ass! pay 4 the sticker. vespias good yr does it.

CL Platano 08-29-2005 11:33 AM

Word, I have paid for my sticker for the past few years

RaviNJCLs 08-29-2005 12:21 PM

I took my tints off. It was easier than dealing with service stations.

KahRupt-CL-S03 08-29-2005 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
I took my tints off. It was easier than dealing with service stations.

:werd:
I did the same, you can re-tint your front for 50-60 bucks where a bought sticker will cost you over $100 bucks if your lucky and find a spot that will do it even though they don't know you.

lothian110 08-29-2005 02:07 PM

locations guys...

i tried a couple local ones.. they wouldnt do it... i dont wanna take off the tint then have it retinted... im afraid the tint will look a lil different.. etc.. i jus wanna buy the sticker...

locationnnn

VXCL 08-29-2005 11:21 PM

it would be dumb to post places on here. big brother does browse forums so you never know. private stations are def the way to go. you cant call them on the phone you have to drive to them and see them in person. they would be dumb to tell you over the phone that they are willing to brake the law. im sure the dmv tries stunts like that every now and then randomly. roll up with the front 2 windows down (helps them to say they forgot to put them up during inspection) when i had nj tags i went inside the station with my car right in view and said, "hey bud how much for an inspection for that car right there" pointed right at it "the black one" he said "umm normally $75, but..." (this was a long time ago) then i cut him off, "so $100 for that car right there with the tinted windows" he said "sure don;t worry about it" don;t know if that wouls till work, but iw went back to him two more times :)

Titand19 08-30-2005 11:04 AM

How about a place in NY that can pass me with no Cat?

When you go somewhere just plain ask them:

"How much will it cost me to pass inspection?"

RaviNJCLs 08-30-2005 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Titand19
How about a place in NY that can pass me with no Cat?

When you go somewhere just plain ask them:

"How much will it cost me to pass inspection?"

This I may be able to help you with. I'll PM you with info.