View Poll Results: Turbo or NA??
Naturally Aspirated 300whp CL-S 6spd (be a real man)
49.57%
Turbocharged 550-600whp CL-S 6spd (be a botty boy)
50.43%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Next Project... two choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really don't want to waste my time defending anything or anyone. I am sure the first time you went to the track with a new mod (big power adder) you had to make a few passes before getting your optimal run. I went to Bakersfield alone... really had no idea anybody was filming... unfortunately he only got one of the runs.... I don't really care if none of them were filmed... doesn't make a difference to me. I even raced another guy who came on here and mentioned the 110mph (ok... it was 109.95mph!!) pass. I guess you are correct... I can't prove anything Next time if I ever go to the track... please join me!

This thread is closed for me... I doubt I would even want to post on this forum in the future! When I started working on the turbo project... nobody believed me... even when it was done!! Honestly I wasn't even going to take it to the track, if not for this forum... actually I feel embarrassed running the car... cuz honestly, its slow! If a car isn't running 10s'... it shouldn't be at the drag strip!

Don't be too upset when an NA CL-S takes you out!
Old 04-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Safety Car

By the way... it doesn't take a brain to put some NOS in a car and make it fast!
Old 04-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by allmotor_2000
By the way... it doesn't take a brain to put some NOS in a car and make it fast!
dude if you take off because of a couple of dip shits that's just not fair to the few of us true enthusiasts that could use your help...you know my vote...and i aggree about the nitrous...no respect comes from having spray IMO ....my firend keeps trying to tell me to do a 75 shot and i finally was able to put to words the reason i didnt want to do that! it's respect....anything can go fast with enough juice...but to get this heavy FWD car going quick on the motor is worth praise....im not there yet...I'd be happy with low 13's i wont strip the car to get there,but i would swap heavy parts for lighter ones....
Steve
Old 04-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

allmotor_2k,
Don't worry about the haters!
Old 04-03-2003, 11:28 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah dude, don't leave just cuz a few peeps don't believe you. I'm with AK_MOBBER in that I used to wait to read progress on your project and I know pu-pu about cars! Shit I believe you, especially with all the pictures and the one video.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:52 AM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really don't want to waste my time defending anything or anyone. I am sure the first time you went to the track with a new mod (big power adder) you had to make a few passes before getting your optimal run. I went to Bakersfield alone... really had no idea anybody was filming... unfortunately he only got one of the runs.... I don't really care if none of them were filmed... doesn't make a difference to me. I even raced another guy who came on here and mentioned the 110mph (ok... it was 109.95mph!!) pass. I guess you are correct... I can't prove anything Next time if I ever go to the track... please join me!

This thread is closed for me... I doubt I would even want to post on this forum in the future! When I started working on the turbo project... nobody believed me... even when it was done!! Honestly I wasn't even going to take it to the track, if not for this forum... actually I feel embarrassed running the car... cuz honestly, its slow! If a car isn't running 10s'... it shouldn't be at the drag strip!

Don't be too upset when an NA CL-S takes you out!

here is a few questions for you allmotor

1) how much boost were you runing ??? if you say 6 when you ran you 12.9 you full of shit....

2) after you spent all this time and money on the turbo why did you sell it so quick???

3) how did you go from 108mph at the track to 112mph in one day without turning up the boost??? (i saw your video i did notice you spining so that makes you mph higher)

4) if i just threw on some spray to my car and it's that easy, how come no other 3.0CL is runing 13's???

now for the rest of the dipshits on here that gave me shit here is a question for all of you... IF YOU BELIEVE PIGS FLY... WELL THEN I GUESS ALLMOTOR DID HIT 12.9 ON 6PSI:thumbsdn:
Old 04-03-2003, 11:58 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally posted by fastvtecCL
notice you spining so that makes you mph higher)

4) if i just threw on some spray to my car and it's that easy, how come no other 3.0CL is runing 13's???

cause i never went to the track
Old 04-03-2003, 12:05 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA

3) how did you go from 108mph at the track to 112mph in one day without turning up the boost??? (i saw your video i did notice you spining so that makes you mph higher)

very possible, your first few times at the track what were your times and what were your MPH? I bet by the end of the day your ET and MPH went up. How do you know he got the shift points on the dot, etc. Many factors can bring the et & mph up. 4 mph seems like alot, but it's really not.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:06 PM

i didn't say everything you did was BS.. i know you did a turbo and you did hit a 13.4 witch i give you credit on that.. but why lie about how much boost and HP???
Old 04-03-2003, 12:07 PM
teh Senior Instigator

what makes you think he's lieing about his HP? Because he gained 30 hp when he unbolted his exhaust? That's very understandable considering he was running stock exhaust.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:09 PM
still a Masshole

hey fastvtecCL, did you get your 13.6 on video (I really don't know)?

Oh and I thought that all_motor was running at 6.5lbs of boost.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by ghander
very possible, your first few times at the track what were your times and what were your MPH? I bet by the end of the day your ET and MPH went up. How do you know he got the shift points on the dot, etc. Many factors can bring the et & mph up. 4 mph seems like alot, but it's really not.

ghander i thought you would be on my side on this one, your the first person on here normally to call BS..... your mph can go up alittle bit maybe 1 or 2 mph but NOT 4 i'm sorry there is no way unless you turn up the boost.... my friends turbo hatch ran 111mph is first ever time at the track by the end of the day he hit 112 witch he was never able to go higher than that until he turned up the boost
Old 04-03-2003, 12:13 PM
whoXwanXsum

how old are you?

what do you do for $$$?

how can i be down?
Old 04-03-2003, 12:16 PM
teh Senior Instigator

understandable, i usually do call BS, but I see truth and alot of it in this. How much did your buddies ET's go down by? 13.4 at XXX and 12.9 at xxx+4 is very understandable. I see what you are saying, he may of turned up the boost to achieve these numbers and it may of been very feasable to do. But i can also see him getting these at this boost level.

As i've said, the 13.4 was his first run, how do you know he didn't botch it shifting or shift 1000 RPM early, etc. Or didn't speed shift, etc.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by ferizzo
hey fastvtecCL, did you get your 13.6 on video (I really don't know)?

Oh and I thought that all_motor was running at 6.5lbs of boost.

yes i do have it on video.... i always back up all my shit..

http://www.undergroundracing.com/vid...s%20eclipse.rm
Old 04-03-2003, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by dbox
how old are you?

what do you do for $$$?

how can i be down?

i'm 23

have a job

get a job
Old 04-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Where is my super sauce?

How did this thread go from a frank discussion about CL-S projects to bashing one of the few guys that really knows something about 'how a car ticks'? I look forward to reading allmotor's posts and learning what I can. I don't think that he ever was trying out for your (fastvtecCL) personal pissing contest.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:26 PM

Originally posted by ghander
understandable, i usually do call BS, but I see truth and alot of it in this. How much did your buddies ET's go down by? 13.4 at XXX and 12.9 at xxx+4 is very understandable. I see what you are saying, he may of turned up the boost to achieve these numbers and it may of been very feasable to do. But i can also see him getting these at this boost level.

As i've said, the 13.4 was his first run, how do you know he didn't botch it shifting or shift 1000 RPM early, etc. Or didn't speed shift, etc.

i see what you saying but there is just to much fishy shit like I WAS AT THE DYNO AND MADE 30 MORE HP WITHOUT EXHAUST, BUT NO DYNO SHEET???? yes he did post a dyno sheet but it was like 320 or some shit like that.. he was claiming like 370. well is it that had to post up the other dyno sheet if you really had it????
etc......
Old 04-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Safety Car

Okay... first and last time I am answering your bullshit:

(1) 5.5psi on dyno.. 6.5psi on track. I hope you understand that the car made 34x on the dyno... 20mph fan in front of the car. There is ALWAYS a 5% gain with a 60-80mph wind during actual driving.
VP Racing Motorsport 103-octane gas used at the track. Car doesn't retard any timing
This motor (J32A20) is VERY sensitive to coolant temps. I have noticed over a 15whp drop when coolant temp is goes up. How much time you spend on the lanes while waiting to line up.. if your motor is turned on/off whatever... makes a BIG difference
The run on the video (unfortunately) was my slowest run... you may notice a mis-shift (the car buckles). I do a clutchless 1-2 shift by the way.
(2) Why did I sell it... why wouldn't I? How do you know how much it cost me? Maybe I made some money... might pay for my next project.... might pay for my wife's school (UCLA MBA).
(3) If you fuck up and run 108mph... and already ran a 110mph... how difficult is 111.87mph? I don't even see a problem here. Unless you drive a purpose-built race-car... these cars are NEVER consistent... especially without suspension, slicks, gearing, upgraded clutch etc. Coolant temps, by itself, will easily explain 2-3mph.
(4) Running NOS is a no-brainer as a power-adder. Yes.. your car has to be fast to begin with... and with NOS it only gets quicker... if used properly

Come visit me if you are in California. Go back and look at some Turbo Magazine or Sport Compact Car magazine... 1997-1998 IDRA/NIRA racing season. See who was the quickest NA FWD Honda at the time... check the records... experience speaks for itself! It's funny... everybody asked me why I sold the car and quit racing in the circuit after that... hell, I needed go graduate from UCLA and get a real job... that's why!

1 out of every 500 guys that start racing ever make it professionally... didn't want to risk it.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:29 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by Slimey
How did this thread go from a frank discussion about CL-S projects to bashing one of the few guys that really knows something about 'how a car ticks'? I look forward to reading allmotor's posts and learning what I can. I don't think that he ever was trying out for your (fastvtecCL) personal pissing contest.

it's not a pissing contest, fastvtec has brought up very valid points. Alot of people out there would be doubting it too. There are just so many factors that can play into effect. If someone came to me and said i gained 6mph but only .3 down on me E/T i'd be very suspecious. I can see why he is a little warry right now too.

Allmotor is very smart, but he isn't the only one on the board who knows how to make a car tick. Alot of us just don't have the time, money, or resources to make what he made happen. Alot of us also out our time money resources into other projects that aren't spoken about on this board.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:29 PM

Originally posted by Slimey

he signed up for it when he started bullshiting... if he gets his facts and stories stright and has good proof of everything then i'll be the first one to give him a
Old 04-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Burning Brakes

how about some credit and props to allmotor for all the time and effort he spent on his project and all the cataloging he did for us

stop the hating
Old 04-03-2003, 12:31 PM
teh Senior Instigator

hey allmotor you know a freddy hernandez or either of the Kao brothers by any chance?
Old 04-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Safety Car

Whoa.. my dyno sheet made 34x whp... there's no questions about that @ 5.5psi. Call Church Automotive Testing and ask Shawn.. he'll put it up for you! The run with the stock exhaust made 32x whp... no question about that either... both graphs are on the same chart... I don't see your point here! It is also obvious the car would make at least 370 at 6.5psi and 103-octane gas at the track.. no doubt about it.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:34 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by BSK181
how about some credit and props to allmotor for all the time and effort he spent on his project and all the cataloging he did for us

stop the hating
there isn't any hating going on, just some curiosity. He's already given the guy props on his accomplishments. He's just trying to get some questions answered on some things he may doubt. Completely understandable.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:37 PM

Whoa.. my dyno sheet made 34x whp... there's no questions about that @ 5.5psi. Call Church Automotive Testing and ask Shawn.. he'll put it up for you! The run with the stock exhaust made 32x whp... no question about that either... both graphs are on the same chart... I don't see your point here! It is also obvious the car would make at least 370 at 6.5psi and 103-octane gas at the track.. no doubt about it.

first off i will give you credit on doing the turbo

but why did you waste 5,000 dollars (give or take) on somthing you would sell a month later????

and if you going to school or your wife is how can you start another project??? witch both are going to cost around 8,000 to do, because of custom parts....
Old 04-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Safety Car

Well I hope all his questions are answered:

(1) 345x whp at 5.5psi on the dyno (only a little fan blowing up front). 32x whp at 5.5psi with stock exhaust - BOTH DYNO SHEETS WERE POSTED!
(2) Track day as 6.5psi with Motorsport 103 racing gas, exhaust completely unbolted (no cat.. no B-pipe)
(3) Car ran 110mph, 111.87mph and 108mph on mis-shift

I don't know what else to prove here... if you don't believe me.. so be it.. I am tired of trying to explain things here! If you guys came to the SoCal meet (nokio.. others), you would have seen the car... seen how it drives... seen that it just spins 1st through end of 2nd.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Safety Car

Who said it cost me $5K? Who said I don't have access to another J32A2 already? I mean... stop assuming things! Read my previous post... it answers your concerns... legitimate to an extent.... however I am sure you won't be satisfied... which is fine... I don't really care!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Banned

Fastvteccl....I give you props for your run....but allmotors points are extremely valid...you act like you've never seen a turbo car at test n tune before...also, its not that hard to imagine at 6.5psi...a 14.1~14.2 car running 12s with another 100+ whp and significantly more torque...
Old 04-03-2003, 12:48 PM

Who said it cost me $5K? Who said I don't have access to another J32A2 already? I mean... stop assuming things! Read my previous post... it answers your concerns... legitimate to an extent.... however I am sure you won't be satisfied... which is fine... I don't really care!

well thats fine, i still don't agree with all the facts but we'll leave it at this

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT PROJECT

tell me when your ready and i'll fly to CAL and video tape it for myself
Old 04-03-2003, 12:49 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by moomaster_99
Fastvteccl....I give you props for your run....but allmotors points are extremely valid...you act like you've never seen a turbo car at test n tune before...
exactly
Old 04-03-2003, 12:54 PM
still a Masshole

skepticism is not the issue here but I think fastvtecCL is coming across a little strong (ie hating). When I read his first post I thought, "Whoa, where did this come from?"

I thought allmotor did a pretty damn good job proving and backing up his shit. He posted pics of the TC, dynos and even had an independent person post a video for him. I'm no drag racer but I've seen and heard of people improving significantly on their times on the same day. I've seen and read of S4's running high 12's with slower traps. Obviously they have the AWD advantage on the launch so that would explain it.

On a side note I respect the shit that fastvtecCL has done to his car and love the site.

Oh and btw, NA has taken a one vote lead right now!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:59 PM
Safety Car

I don't know man... all this doesn't go well with me - that much I know!
Old 04-03-2003, 01:03 PM
still a Masshole

Hey, enough peeps are interested enough to vote so now you gotta do for the fans! ha-ha
Old 04-03-2003, 01:23 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

DEAD EVEN AT 32 VOTES!!!!

allmotor,
don't let the crybaby get you down we respect the fact that you are kind enough to post here and throughout the building you answered any questions any of us had. Loosing you to a 350Z forum would be no less than a tragedy! You pioneered turbo-ing the CL and for that you are a legend.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT PROJECT WHICH EVER ONE YOU CHOOSE!
Old 04-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
allmotor, don't let the 1 or 2 haters get to you, they obviously don't represent the majority. certainly don't let that alter your plans in any way.

fastvtec seems to have a problem with other cl'ers building cooler cars that run quicker times than him or his buddies.

but :whocares:

they don't know how we do it out on the west coast.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:49 PM
teh Senior Instigator

west coast owns
Old 04-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
tru dat baby.

*throws up the \/\/*
Old 04-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Old 04-03-2003, 03:39 PM
whoXwanXsum

i'm 23

have a job

get a job
that post wasn't for you smart ass. i was talking to allmotor...

Quick Reply: Next Project... two choices