New Member - 2003 CL Type S 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great find and welcome! Just got my 03 CLS 6speed (slightly rougher than yours!) and love it!
Old 10-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
I'm also a part of the "Couldn't find a 6MT when I really needed a car" group.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jl03CLS
hey another 6speed in seattle. good choice a few of us acuraziners are going to whidbey island today on a cruise. i figured i would pass on the seahawks game after last week...

id like to check out your cl sometime. hopefully ill see you out on at some of the next meets
I'm a ticket holder my friend and as i write this, my wife is enjoying the game with her brother and I'm chilling at home watching it with my son
Old 10-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Some of you guys are funny as hell

@ Rapture - "Clouldn't find a 6MT when I really needed a car" group....

@ CLSSpeedx - I've been there many times with the rough buys but hopefully you got a great deal on it and can put some elbow grease down on it!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by phee
welcome!

get a really good alarm and garage park your car. there has been a string of stolen cl-s in the last month right around LA. youre close enough.

just a heads up
LA is a pretty far drive for someone to come to steal a car in Seattle. I'm not saying it's possible but I got a garage at home, home alarm, AR-15 and I'd hate to see the person coming in my house thinking about taking either car lol.

I'm not going to lie though, we went to bowling in Southcenter last night (those local to me know what I'm talking about) and I was hella paranoid so I kept going out checking on it. The stock alarm for sure is a concern I've had enough nice cars to be carful enough not to take either the BMW or the CLS to anywhere I''d be sure it's at least at a min be sitting on bricks. Even when we go to Seahawks games, we ride with our friends in their soccer mom minivan lol.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Instructor

hey another 6speed in seattle. good choice a few of us acuraziners are going to whidbey island today on a cruise. i figured i would pass on the seahawks game after last week...

id like to check out your cl sometime. hopefully ill see you out on at some of the next meets
I'd be interested in meeting some locals too. I was driving out of the gas station yesterday and there were 2 CLS's back to back at the light next to me. One black and another one was silver. Too much traffic to catch up and say what's up but I'm game to hook up any time but a home game
Old 10-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Chamorro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by stlswagger
Glad to see someone from the midwest representing! I'm originally from St. Louis. Love the ride Dave!
Hey that's crazy! What you doin in seatle?
Old 10-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dave586270
Hey that's crazy! What you doin in seatle?
After I graduated from high school, I went into the military for 4 years for college money. Went to school out here, started my career, met my wife, we had our son and the rest is history lol. I do miss some Imo's pizza and freaking White Castles though! Been out in Seattle for almost 13 years.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
6speed

I'm a ticket holder my friend and as i write this, my wife is enjoying the game with her brother and I'm chilling at home watching it with my son
yeah well i came home after the whidbey island drive to a nice surprise...41-0 seattle nice to see hasselbeck is back in action. got to beat an s2k and a cobalt ss too. I dont see too many CL's that are done up around here though. ive only seen one with like a spyder evo 3 cyber super....whatever the hell its called front bumper on a silver CL...basically all i ever see
Old 10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Instructor

yeah well i came home after the whidbey island drive to a nice surprise...41-0 seattle nice to see hasselbeck is back in action. got to beat an s2k and a cobalt ss too. I dont see too many CL's that are done up around here though. ive only seen one with like a spyder evo 3 cyber super....whatever the hell its called front bumper on a silver CL...basically all i ever see

Yeah dude, that was a pretty exciting game. Mad I gave up my ticket to my brother in law but oh well, we're family. I'll tell you though, I had a 99 Eclispe maybe back in 2001. It was just the GS but I spent at the time, a lot for body, wheels and performance. I lived out in Issaquah then. Was driving up I-90 one day and this guy with his girlfriend in his car were trying to race me. I went for it and realized my car was a POS compared to his type s. That dude left me like I was standing still and I had a turbo upgrade. I've always loved this model and consider it one of the few classic looks. I've never seen one modified though.
I wish I could've seen you take that s2k and the cobalt ss. I can't wait to really get on my car. I haven't even taken to redline yet or over 85. Not because I don't want too, just haven't had hwy time to do it yet! Too many damn cops every time I'm ready to get on it! But yea, hope you guys will have another drive or g2g because I'd be interested in seeing and hearing mods in person such as exhaust.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:01 AM
6speed

Yeah dude, that was a pretty exciting game. Mad I gave up my ticket to my brother in law but oh well, we're family. I'll tell you though, I had a 99 Eclispe maybe back in 2001. It was just the GS but I spent at the time, a lot for body, wheels and performance. I lived out in Issaquah then. Was driving up I-90 one day and this guy with his girlfriend in his car were trying to race me. I went for it and realized my car was a POS compared to his type s. That dude left me like I was standing still and I had a turbo upgrade. I've always loved this model and consider it one of the few classic looks. I've never seen one modified though.
I wish I could've seen you take that s2k and the cobalt ss. I can't wait to really get on my car. I haven't even taken to redline yet or over 85. Not because I don't want too, just haven't had hwy time to do it yet! Too many damn cops every time I'm ready to get on it! But yea, hope you guys will have another drive or g2g because I'd be interested in seeing and hearing mods in person such as exhaust.
yeah hopefully we will have another drive soon. i cant really show you the exhaust cause i dont have one. i got ct headers though so i can show you what that sounds like. i think exhaust will be last on my list of things to get. I like it quiet.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,463 Likes on 4,981 Posts
also, cheap free mods for your 6 speed that will increase your love for the car.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/113-removal-slave-cylinder-check-valve-734300/

Off topic (Im the king of it ) - Our slave cylinders have the check valve? I though we only had the clutch dampening device (which I removed).

If we do have it, I know what Ill be doing this weekend
Old 10-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Safety Car

Some of you guys are funny as hell

@ Rapture - "Clouldn't find a 6MT when I really needed a car" group....
Well shit, it's true...
Old 10-12-2009, 02:51 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get Lojack your car is easier to steal than $5 sitting on the sidewalk.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Off topic (Im the king of it ) - Our slave cylinders have the check valve? I though we only had the clutch dampening device (which I removed).

If we do have it, I know what Ill be doing this weekend
they do. take it out man. its night and day.

no more mushy poedal or slpping clutch on fast shifts
Old 10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CL6
Get Lojack your car is easier to steal than $5 sitting on the sidewalk.
I read about your ride and someone else's. I'm sorry for both you guys as well as just reading about how easy these are to still is pretty pathetic. I thought about Lojack when I bought it but thought I've always been lucky (knock on wood). Now I wish I would've gotten it because it would've been cheaper through the dealer than buying it myself. Odd these cars don't have a chip in them. I had a 99 Infiniti G20 (I've never owned anything over 2 years lol but plan on keeping this one until the wheels fall off) and that even had a chip in the key.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Our car does have a transponder in the key. However the thieves have found a way to disable the need for it... I'm not going to go into detail so that this thing doesn't leak out too much and get more of our guys rides taken.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:51 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

The couple of hundred extra you'll pay for it will be outweighed by the benefit... trust me!

I read about your ride and someone else's. I'm sorry for both you guys as well as just reading about how easy these are to still is pretty pathetic. I thought about Lojack when I bought it but thought I've always been lucky (knock on wood). Now I wish I would've gotten it because it would've been cheaper through the dealer than buying it myself. Odd these cars don't have a chip in them. I had a 99 Infiniti G20 (I've never owned anything over 2 years lol but plan on keeping this one until the wheels fall off) and that even had a chip in the key.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:54 PM

they do. take it out man. its night and day.

no more mushy poedal or slpping clutch on fast shifts
Now Ive got more things to do this weekend. You suck.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Safety Car

I've still heard that lojack isn't too reliable in some cases. In a perfect world I'd rather take measures to keep the car from getting stolen in the first place than making it easier for it to be found if it does get stolen.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Chamorro

After I graduated from high school, I went into the military for 4 years for college money. Went to school out here, started my career, met my wife, we had our son and the rest is history lol. I do miss some Imo's pizza and freaking White Castles though! Been out in Seattle for almost 13 years.
Haha, history indeed! But it must be nice on the west coast without this crazy winter shit! Bet you don't miss the midwest winters i have come to hate so much...
Old 10-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dave586270
Haha, history indeed! But it must be nice on the west coast without this crazy winter shit! Bet you don't miss the midwest winters i have come to hate so much...
It was pretty bad out here this past winter as for snow but I blame it on city planners since the only action plan was laying sand on the roads.

I had an Audi then so I didn't mind the snow at all, I actually enjoyed it. But there's no way in hell I could deal with the freezing cold back in the STL. I try to only go home in the fall or spring just to avoid the humid summer or freezing winters lol
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Nice pick up. Welcome to Azine.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Intermediate

just got one myself. enjoying it so far.

hope you are enjoying yours
Old 10-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Chamorro

It was pretty bad out here this past winter as for snow but I blame it on city planners since the only action plan was laying sand on the roads.

I had an Audi then so I didn't mind the snow at all, I actually enjoyed it. But there's no way in hell I could deal with the freezing cold back in the STL. I try to only go home in the fall or spring just to avoid the humid summer or freezing winters lol
I agree, haha. Good call on the time of year to come out. Fall this year was kind of nothing. Just skipped to winter. Really cold, and i swear it was just snowing lightly outside an hour ago...
Old 10-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Instructor

AVIC-Z1 in my old Audi with carbon fiber enclosure

Still haven't looked on my external drive for all the rest of the pix of the A4

Nope, not chrome, just pain in the a$$ forged DPE all high polished. I had to polish them every freaking week. 18x8.5 front/18x9 rear

First set of rims I bought for it. So long ago, I don't remember what brand they were but not forged.

All my other cars in the past, we either didn't have a digital camera and I never scanned anything or they were saved on a thrashed hard drive. Freaking hate Microsoft and that's why I bought a Macbook Pro lol

Last edited by stlswagger; 10-16-2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the pix correctly
Old 10-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Instructor

Feel like such a noob. All forums are the same with adding pics but I still manage to screw it up.
AVIC-Z1 in my old A4

Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 PM

18x8.5 front/18x9 rear
Pffft, weak
Old 10-17-2009, 01:15 AM
Instructor

Pffft, weak
lol only so wide I could go and technically, shouldn't run staggered on Quattro
Old 10-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Freaking hate Microsoft and that's why I bought a Macbook Pro lol
Sorry, LOL, have to say I'm right with you on that
Old 10-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Chamorro

Man those wheels are sick! The polished ones looks perfect on that A4
Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Welcome, enjoy your sixpeed! I've loved mine for 5 years I guess. bought it with 7500 mi on it, now about 65k. no problems except damm door dings!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Instructor

I'm loving it! Just opened a claim with my insurance company though because an SUV switched lanes on 405 while I was on my way home and kicked up a large rock. Now need a new windshield since it took a chunk out of the surface. Then when I got home, closed my door after I got out, a crack spread all the way up and all the way down the window. Glad my deductible is only $100 because that windshield is expensive because of the onstar.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 PM

Thats odd, the same happened to me today.

A big ass rock kicked up and smashed my windshield. The cracks are spreading quickly. Theres still part of the rock in the glass.

This hasnt been my week. First my wheels get effed up, then I get a nail in my tire, now this.

Hopefully your luck is better then mine.

Last edited by civicdrivr; 10-19-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,992 Likes on 1,366 Posts
Sorry about the windshields, that is why I have 0 deductible glass coverage.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Thats odd, the same happened to me today.

A big ass rock kicked up and smashed my windshield. The cracks are spreading quickly. Theres still part of the rock in the glass.

This hasnt been my week. First my wheels get effed up, then I get a nail in my tire, now this.

Hopefully your luck is better then mine.
Man that raunchy to have it happen and then know someone with the same issues. I finally got my wife to take the 19's off her BMW and I pulled an almost 6 inch nail out of her rear. It's already bad enough I can't rotate them but just knowing I'll have to buy two more sucks. Her rims are 19x9 front and 19x10 rear. The nail could've at least been in the front because at 19x10 that stuff is not cheap at all.

You have some nice rims too, that bites
Old 10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
Sorry about the windshields, that is why I have 0 deductible glass coverage.
$0 deductible on glass! I'll have to look into that one lol. I thought I was doing good with just the $100 overall deductible but that's hawt
Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 PM

Man that raunchy to have it happen and then know someone with the same issues. I finally got my wife to take the 19's off her BMW and I pulled an almost 6 inch nail out of her rear. It's already bad enough I can't rotate them but just knowing I'll have to buy two more sucks. Her rims are 19x9 front and 19x10 rear. The nail could've at least been in the front because at 19x10 that stuff is not cheap at all.

You have some nice rims too, that bites
Luckily the wheel that got scratched up is the one that had the nail in it, so the tire is coming off for the repair. The tire is getting patched from the inside too.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Chamorro

Man! So many tires and windshields biting it in one thread! I have zero down on glass as well. Glad there is no more highway driving for me! At least you guys can get all your stuff fixed pretty easily, or have the right coverage.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,992 Likes on 1,366 Posts
$0 deductible on glass! I'll have to look into that one lol. I thought I was doing good with just the $100 overall deductible but that's hawt
Geico calls it 0 deductible "safety" coverage, I was with them last year when I got the CL, about a month later a big rubber tie down came off a semi broke the windshield & sunroof! Geico paid no questions asked !

Safelite came to my house replaced them while I had breakfast.

I have it with State Farm now, would not be without it, seems the worse the economy gets the more junk is on the road.

I just got a new bumper cover courtesy of a semi retread that was on the freeway, this one did cost me my deductible though.

Quick Reply: New Member - 2003 CL Type S 6 Speed