Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good point for sure.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
This board is starting to sound like a bunch of magazine racers.

We're not talking about controlled situations here. This was on the streets, and I've lost to some lesser beings, because I accidentally flicked my shift knob and upshifted at like 4000 RPM.

Anything could happen on the streets, but a win is still a win. Given equal drivers, would the M3 win? Most definitely; no one is arguing that. In my case, would the M3 have pulled away, if it was driven by a better driver? Most likely; maybe it was the driver, maybe there was something wrong with the car. I know for a fact that an M3 in excellent shape would beat my TL-S any day of the week. But we're not talking about that; we're talking about street races -- uncontrolled environments where anything is possible.

For you unbelievers, I raced my friend's Integra Type-R that is running low 13's, and kept up with him most of the way, then he pulled away at top end. Is my car a freak? I don't know; I'm getting it dyno-tuned two weeks from now. Did Andrew not drive his car right, whereas I drove mine just right? Very possible, because I know my car is not capable of running low-13's. But the point is that at that time in that place in our cars, I was able to keep up with him. Do I expect my car to keep up like that in all other situations? Most certainly not. But hey, it's just for bragging rights.

So stop being fucking gay.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:08 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny stuff...
Old 03-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
give it a rest already.

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
This board is starting to sound like a bunch of magazine racers.

We're not talking about controlled situations here. This was on the streets, and I've lost to some lesser beings, because I accidentally flicked my shift knob and upshifted at like 4000 RPM.

Anything could happen on the streets, but a win is still a win. Given equal drivers, would the M3 win? Most definitely; no one is arguing that. In my case, would the M3 have pulled away, if it was driven by a better driver? Most likely; maybe it was the driver, maybe there was something wrong with the car. I know for a fact that an M3 in excellent shape would beat my TL-S any day of the week. But we're not talking about that; we're talking about street races -- uncontrolled environments where anything is possible.

For you unbelievers, I raced my friend's Integra Type-R that is running low 13's, and kept up with him most of the way, then he pulled away at top end. Is my car a freak? I don't know; I'm getting it dyno-tuned two weeks from now. Did Andrew not drive his car right, whereas I drove mine just right? Very possible, because I know my car is not capable of running low-13's. But the point is that at that time in that place in our cars, I was able to keep up with him. Do I expect my car to keep up like that in all other situations? Most certainly not. But hey, it's just for bragging rights.

So stop being fucking gay.