New to the forum/board! 1st Post. If you're in Central TX hit me up!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:52 AM
01 Silver CL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New to the forum/board! 1st Post. If you're in Central TX hit me up!

Hello all,

First let me say I'm VERY happy to be here. I've been browsing acurazine for a while reading various posts and educating myself on this fabulous car we own....or some of us. I was doing all this as an unregistered guest/non-owner and didn't want to officially be part of the community until I had got a CL of my own which I recently did this past weekend. This is an awesome website and I absolutely love it. Such a wealth of information here...spent alot of time on the new members thread. Although there's plenty more to read up on, I think I've done a share fair of research and I'm ready to learn much more from you guys and from your experiences. And you gals too! I look forward to shootin the sh*t with you guys, learning stuff, gaining good insight, etc. Glad to be here!

Just a little background info on myself with previous cars owned....

This is my 2nd Acura. The first was a 91 Integra daily beater. Got the job done, w/o A/C or radio. That was 2 cars ago. Some of the past rides worth mention are a couple of 90 300ZX TTs, fox body stangs, and 93 RX-7. I was looking for a nice daily driver with nice options that wouldn't empty the wallet but still had upgrade potential. This board makes me much happier to own a CL/

I'll repost this thread in the photo section. Here's a pic of the car with a few details below.

2001 CL-S (stock)
Auto
Black Interior
Navi
a little over 80k miles

And yeah A/C! It went out on the last ride so now my G/F and I won't be sweatin our asses off in the TX heat this summer.

The first thing I wanted to do was install an aftermarket CD player but as dumb as it sounds I'd hate to lose the sweet navi voice. Yeah I know about the workaround but just want to make sure the person that's doing it will know what he's doing. I'm not one of those do it yourself kind of guys when it comes to these things. I'll most definately pop in a sub and amp though...prob SHOULD do this while I'm putting in the aftermarket CD player but we'll see. One things for sure, I need to get rid of that ugly pinstriping! Horrible! It was a 1 owner car and I think a lady owned it. Can this be buffed out or removed? I'd like to buff the car out anyways and do some PDR. Has a few dings and scratches here and there that aren't to noticable. I'm not looking to do much as far as performance mods go. CAI for sure but mostly for better MPG. I' m more into the audio and cosmetics side of things now. Might throw on 19s sometime next year. Get ready to answer lots of questions and thanks for your help in advance.

BTW, I noticed a couple of you here are from Austin. Distorted, hit me up if you read this.

I'd like to get together with the central TX peeps.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:53 AM
01 Silver CL-S

damn that's a small pic. Ah, you guys have seen plenty of silver CLs before. I'll post up larger ones another day
Old 05-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
welcome to azine
Old 05-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
welcome! slam it too!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
01 Silver CL-S

Oh and forgot to mention

Called the local Acura dealer to see what warranty works been done to check on the tranny. Had the jet kit put in but hasn't had a new tranny. I asked if this jet kit would help with the infamous problem and he said it depends when it was put in. The tranny feels good as of now. Seems to shift harder to second and third but maybe that's just me coming from a Grand Am. No slippage though. I believe I have 5 months left on the extended warranty so let's hope that if something does go wrong it's within that timeframe. I bought another warranty with the car but who knows what they'll actually do if push comes to shove.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:58 PM
SSM Accord V6 6 Spd

Welcome to the boards! I don't have an Acura anymore, but I do have another Honda V6 and there aren't many of us in Austin.

Congrats on the new ride
Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Keeping the Stealth alive

Welcome! Be sure to read this:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2539666

As far as aftermarket CD players go, you have to buy all sorts of bypasses to get one to work properly with the Bose system. I had one in my car for awhile but it started making noises through the speakers. I put the stock head unit back in and I'm now good to go.

Just thought I would let you know that. I'm going to be hooking my sub back up via the RCA converter installed in my trunk.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Im in Austin and so is a couple of other people. Welcome.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
welcome fellow atx'er.
cltypeslow was here but has now left us for north carolina.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

j-ritch...
you need to post more before i can PM you.

welcome!
we have a few people that linger around austin. the only people that meet often are chtrcy, cltypeslow and myself. a few others that are seen less are ricepuddin, austintaper and myblacktypes. let me know if you are in town and maybe we can grab some brews this weekend. a little CL meet.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to the Forum !!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I tried to PM you as well earlier today. you can email me at chtrcy@aol.com
Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Chillin' in my trailer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome, nice ride. I also have a SSM.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:50 PM
01 Silver CL-S

thanks for the warm welcome guys. much appreciated. to my ATX peeps, how many posts till I get send and receive PMs? Yeah we'll have to schedule something. Right now the CL is nothing in comparison to YALL's but I'd still like to take a look and drool some.

First thing I'm saving up for is to get this thing to a dealer or very reputable mechanic that will do the 75k service and check up. I want to make sure the maintenance is up to date before I start getting into anything else. After all it's my daily driver. Oh and the damn pinstriping removed with a good buff and wax. That's on the horizon too.

Now what do you recommend for service guys? I know of a few very good Japanese car mechanics here in town. One of them just does Hondas and Acuras only all day. ATX peeps you know who I'm talking about? They used to be in RR off 620 but moved right off the highway in P-Ville a while back. OOOORRRRR, is this one of those dealership is best and should be the only option situations. I'm new to this whole CL thing and it's different for every car when it comes to maintenance/mods and by whom and where you can have it done. When I had my Z I would take it to the Z Clinic. They just do Z's. If there's a place like that in Austin with good quality service that won't try to screw you over let me know. Not trying to be such a cheap ass but if I can save myself dealer costs but get the same quality of service I'm all for it. Any opinions and recommendations are appreciated.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello new guy! Check out these links in my signature. Most topics have been covered. If you haven't found your answer we can definately help you out!
Old 05-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

J-Ritch
email me about this weekend.
kmcallister05@hotmail.com
Old 05-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,765 Likes on 804 Posts
congrats on your "new" ride. The CL is a good car, good value.

I've had my CLS for 6 years. I've always took it to the dealership for service/repairs. It still rides like new (minus occasional rattles/vibrations from around to dash area). I don't really hang out in parking lots but just wanted to say hi and congrats!