new addition to the forums - black 2001 Cls auto

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile new addition to the forums - black 2001 Cls auto

hello ladies and gentlemen... nice community of CL enthusiasts here.... decided to join, as there are plenty of great info on this forum

i was driving my sebring coupe lxi 4 weeks ago when the gearbox started grinding, so i knew it's time to go... so i went shopping around the following saturday, and the only thing that caught my eye (and was suitable for my pocket) happened to be a black on black 2001 cl-s auto... i didn't even started the car, just looked at it for a minute, sat in it for a while (it was in a indoor dealership) got out and continued going around dealers
At the end of the day, i went back paid deposit and left with a smile on my face...

later that night i was already on this forum and of course the first thing i saw was the recall of the trannys, and the black clouds started coming in.... but i thought - what the hell, if it was meant to be it was meant to be....
I paid 6k and left the sebring and while wondering why this car was cheap, they told me that it had an insurance claim related to theft.... i guess that's why on the passenger door on the top where the window goes in the pillar was missing it's vinyl cover...
on Monday i went to pick it up and 5 minutes after was on the exit on the highway in manual mode

the car is so clean on the inside, outside, engine bay everywhere... carpets still puffy, leather clean
gears changing smooth, only the little louder 1st gear but that's in the normal... couple dings on the stock rims, and some stone chips on the hood ... but when the canadian winter goes away, i will do something about it

the car has 217k km ~ 135k miles
i called the dealer that was maintaining it, and they told me that it was fully serviced with the maintenance done on 170/105k and the lady told me all the recalls and everything is complete... when i asked for gearbox failures, she said that no major issues are recorded.... but im not sure if she looked back all the way to 2001
but oil change is coming soon, so i'm planning to do the 3x3 tranny oil change just for the sake of it... although looks super clean right now, doesnt smell as burnt

so far no mods, i only got some UV/blacklight led's for the inside and the doors, white 12 LED's for the DRL's in the front, but too cold to put them on, and ordered tinted overlays for head and stop lights, and 35% tint for the windows
i also got a ice-link v2 ipod adapter, (found open box for 40$ on e-bay) so soon the center console will come off....
of course i put as well my pioneer/premier champion series pro TS-W3001D4 sub in the back, but my box is huge i will have to make some cuts and work on it, so no pictures yet..

i tried to put some LED's in the back too, but since they consume less, my brake light came in, although everything is working fine and the lamps are way brighter... i also have signal lamps, but they make the flickering faster, and also indicate that the lamps are gone although they are working fine, so i took them off.....

so far the only concern for me was the engine light that came on.... but i think my tank cap i think does not make enough vacuum. i got a scanner which was showing air in the system, so i cleared it filled up the tank, and was driving for two days, but in the morning was too cold and when i started the car, it chuckled ... i'm guessing from the cold and cause i had the music on and the sub pulls plenty of juice initially, so it came up again...
i will get a new cap and clear the message again, and hopefully will get this rid off...
the other thing is that when the car is cold in the morning when i switch to reverse to get out of my parking spot the tranny kicks a little but i give this also to the cold and car not warmed up enough

i will put some pics up, but i want to put the tints on and the icelink... it's too bone stock yet to be shown to the world

and when the summer comes, and if i don't need a TL/Oddy transplant - will be legend brakes, black rims and slotted rotors...

anyway - just wanted to say hi and make myself present
Old 02-14-2010, 02:07 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
welcome aboard. ur gonna love the car.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Justin's

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome! Im in Toronto also! What dealer did you get it from? Post some pics!

www.torontoaccordclub.com is a great site also for CL/TL/Accord's!

Lots of meets you'll love to go to!

Careful with manual mode with our cars...I wont do it lol
Old 02-14-2010, 02:20 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
OP if u need any body to work done or a trans rebuild or anything... I got some ppl who have insane good prices and even better work.

I already hooked 2 ppl up with the trans guy, plus me. for under 2g u can geter fixed so chillax

thank god another GTA member sweeet :-)

we're gonna have a GOOD meet(s) this year boyzzz

Last edited by CL-S progression 01; 02-14-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Justin's

^ Hell yea we are!!!

Robbie did you hook up Sanjay for his TL-S tranny?
Old 02-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Intermediate

hello guys,

i got the car from the Auto King on Steeles
i will post some pics soon - i tool only one from the back when i got it... and iphone pics are kinda crappy ... plus the tint should come this week

I already love it Rajca... black cars are my thing... the american shitbox with japanese heart (that's how i used to call my sebring) was silver and was driving me crazy...
back home before moving to canada my last car was a black seat toledo tdi... and when i sold it i drove for a month my aunt's Lexus IS200 also black and it was so nice to come back to the dark side... plus it was about time to switch to a vtec...

i've always have love for jdm cars, but in europe they were always more expensive so never owned one... i remember the first time i saw a twin 2JZ Supra and shortly after one of my best buddies got a 4G63 first gen eclipse... this thing saw such abuse... he hit a horse and a carriage (actually made it 151 horses since he put a live one on the hood) we crashed inside a book store once... rammed a cherokee, the hood opened with 120kmh on the highway - but it never gave up

when i was shopping for a car i got in an audi a4 turbo, some integras, civics... im 6'2 Integra is kinda small for me... but when i sat in this one i was smiling...
the funny thing was my girlfriend was sitting next to me and said - honey look this thing has heated seats... i love it only to find later that it also has 260 ponies under the hood - you know the scream after - slooow down i will puke

if only it was manual.....
Old 02-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Justin's

Mine is black also to, cant wait to take pics of our cars together!

If you want a stick you can swap a 6spd from a 2003 CL Type S.

Are you located in Toronto or North York?
Old 02-14-2010, 02:43 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

manual is a whole diff beast compared to the auto, i know. i have both and whenever i can i drive the cls 6spd. my girl loves the heated seats too. but during the summer they get too hot. but tint fixes that
Old 02-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 98JDMCL
Mine is black also to, cant wait to take pics of our cars together!

If you want a stick you can swap a 6spd from a 2003 CL Type S.

Are you located in Toronto or North York?
Mississauga, but i'm moving downtown somewhere June...
pictures yeah will make for sure

as for the stick - i know but i think the center console is a little different too and will be prolly more pricey - but who knows... one day
Old 02-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts

Careful with manual mode with our cars...I wont do it lol
I do easily about 60-70% of my driving in sport shift.... I have no problems whatsoever.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
OP if u need any body to work done or a trans rebuild or anything... I got some ppl who have insane good prices and even better work.
i'll keep that in mind! i have a mechanic who also charges relatively cheap, and i was looking around - you can find a nice TL tranny for 1600-1800$ in t.o. so it's not that bad ... i'll cry for couple of nights, but knowing that it goes in my car will be calming
Old 02-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rajca
manual is a whole diff beast compared to the auto, i know. i have both and whenever i can i drive the cls 6spd. my girl loves the heated seats too. but during the summer they get too hot. but tint fixes that
i ordered 35% pre-cut ones... i'll see if they are good quality when they come next week ... i got them together with overlays for the head and tail lights - off of ebay store .. gt-dream or something
Old 02-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
welcome to the forums! sounds like you love the car already, just save up a little for the tranny and you'll be fine.

feel free to ask us any questions, we also have some great canadian members too
Old 02-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,422 Likes on 4,953 Posts
Welcome. Pics.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
welcome...nice to see another local CL.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
post pics of the stock CL bro... then u'll have b4 and after photos
Old 02-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
post pics of the stock CL bro... then u'll have b4 and after photos
yeah i'll make some these days
Old 02-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Concave All Da Way!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome to the site man
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Intermediate

some pics

sorry for the crappy phone pictures, it has been snowing the last couple of days... and i didnt get a chance to get some nice shots but on the positive side , i managed to get some things done this weekend

installed ice link for my iphone works, but doesnt charge buti can find a cable with converter and i just have to find a proper holder to complete the install
i also made my box smaller with the help of a jigsaw and wood glue, since it was huge taking half of my trunk and i only needed 1.2 cub.feet for my speaker... so it transformed from vented to sealed - it's kinda half ass job, but it sounds great!

the best thing though is that i managed to find some rims and i got them for cheap... they are almost perfect condition no dents, blemishes just a little curb rash on one of them... and they need to be cleaned (picture shows why)

they even came with acura hubcaps - i hope they look good on the car - let me know what you guys think

i know i can go bigger than 17's but im thinking when summer comes to slam in some Tein's and i wanted to avoid rubbing and things like this

Old 02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
3.5 psi

nice! those rims should look nice. It's hard to do car things with the snow we just got.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gnuts
nice! those rims should look nice. It's hard to do car things with the snow we just got.
i wanted to go check those rims out yesterday and it took me two hours for 20km on the 401, i got in just in time after the blizzard .... i didnt pressed the gas pedal the whole time

but i got in on time today and couldnt resist to not put them in my trunk
Old 02-24-2010, 11:51 AM

RJ Devotions? The holes between the lug holes are throwing me off though. What size are they?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
RJ Devotions? The holes between the lug holes are throwing me off though. What size are they?
they look like RJ's but i doubt they are

i honestly dont know... some chinese replicas i'm assuming cause one of them had a quality sticker on it and it had chinese letters
i gotta clean them well and will take a closer look

they're 17's - came off from an acura csx-s
i got them cause the guy was selling them cheap and my stock ones are kinda beat... clear coat is pealing, some curb rash... but tires are good and i can use them, so at least will look better until it's time for Volk's or HRE

and you're right - those holes are a little weird
Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 PM

Oh, they are 17s. The RJs were only 19s and 20s. Being black with the polished lip they will look smaller once mounted. Whats the offset on them btw? The CSX is the Civic which IIRC has a stock offset is 45. If they were an aggressive fit on the CSX, you may need a fender roll.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:38 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard...
Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Justin's

Nice!!!

YA man we got dumped on sorta hard!

Cars loooking good...did you do the ice-link to the OEM deck?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Intermediate

Nice!!!
YA man we got dumped on sorta hard!
Cars loooking good...did you do the ice-link to the OEM deck?
yes - looks, works ok - it takes a while to load the whole list cause i have 32gb iphone, but quality is great... and it doesnt charge, but i found an extension cable that also reduces to 5volts, so it soon will be complete
Old 02-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Intermediate

updated wheels Tenzo R DC6

so i scrapped the other wheels, cause i think they will be small on this car, so i will prolly put them for sale...
instead i got Tenzo R DC6 with german rubber on them Barum 225x40x18...
rims are 18x8 offset 45
i got so excited i forgot my center caps at the guy i bought them from, and sorry for the crappy pictures, but i will make better ones when the weather is better, and i put my camera in the car

next ... tints!!! as soon as the weather gets a little better
and the overlays for the headlights...and a red stripe on the car...

and now i gotta change the uv led's inside to red
Old 02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

dude. screw the tint (yes, tint. not tints) and the overlays. get a drop. car looks uglier now than it did with stock rims. IMO
Old 02-28-2010, 07:13 PM
3.5 psi

red stripe? i don't think any sort of pinstriping will look good. Tint it and drop it!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Intermediate

get a drop. car looks uglier now than it did with stock rims. IMO
i know it's on the list....

i'm waiting actually a reply on the part number on these...

92-97 Accord should fit our cars, but it says wagon on the ad, so i'm not sure if these will fit, looking at the bottom part of the rears, look different

and car looks better in person with those rims defenitely ... and i guess i have a thing for time attacks
Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

those wont wit. i need 98-02
Old 02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Intermediate

those wont wit. i need 98-02
sorry - they are 98-02 ..the add says

1998-2002 JDM 1998-2002 ACCORD TEIN TYPE WAGON SHOCKS & SPRING

but since they are imported from japan could be taken from a wagon... different rear suspension - not sure
Old 02-28-2010, 07:38 PM
3.5 psi

those look the same as my teins...but those forks arn't from our car. I don't know why they showed the forks on the suspension? Wouldn't the person still need those. You need 2nd gen. CL/TL or 98-02 accord. Double check the part # on the tein site.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Justin's

www.torontoaccords.com has a set of coils forsale...$680.00
Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Lol, are they tossing in those high performance forks too. That's pretty funny, I don't know why they took them off like that.

Also, I'm not sure since you're only 21, but the black and red just make me think of Knight Rider. Not my cup of tea, but I don't critic style, that is opinion, I'll only give criticism when it comes to performance.

Good luck with the mods.

Last edited by pits200; 02-28-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:33 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Congrats on the car!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pits200
Also, I'm not sure since you're only 21, but the black and red just make me think of Knight Rider.
lol - i'm 31 with 21 posts and i guess gotta start thinking about a hairstyle like the hoff .. and change the voice in my gps
Old 02-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Instructor

drop it now!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by flateric_bg
lol - i'm 31 with 21 posts and i guess gotta start thinking about a hairstyle like the hoff .. and change the voice in my gps
Oh my bad, I just did a quick glance and picked up the wrong number. Im glad you're of age then to have appreciated the best tv show of the 80's.

Quick Reply: new addition to the forums - black 2001 Cls auto