Neuspeed STB mini-review

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 07:17 AM
What, me drive fast?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neuspeed STB mini-review

Okay, so Bulldog01 and I installed a Neuspeed STB in my car the other night. First thing was that it didn't fit perfectly. We had to "convince" a couple of the bolts to move a bit in order for it to finally fit on. Anyone else have this problem? No major surgery or anything but we were both pretty suprised. Anyhow, it only took about 5-10 minutes and once on it looked pretty sweet. It is the all black with yellow lettering one...I think that I have seen pics of a silver one too but I like the black on a black car.

So, yesterday I put it through it's paces a bit. The car does feel a lot tighter around curves. I was a nay-sayer before saying that a STB is just an under-hood ornament and that it doesn't do anything but I really think that the car feels more solid now. Maybe I am crazy. The thing that I noticed is that it seems easier to squeel the tires around curves now. Is this just because I am pushing the car harder or is this actually because of the STB? I can't imagine why since this is supposed to get me to handle BETTER on curves but I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. i am going to assume that it is because the car feels tighter that I am taking it at higher speeds which is as good an idicator of the STB working as I can think of. As I learned from my performance driving class, squeeling tires are happy tires so I don't mind a bit of noise.

So, to sum up, for the Neuspeed STB. I am pleased.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:58 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Neuspeed STB mini-review

Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
Okay, so Bulldog01 and I installed a Neuspeed STB in my car the other night. First thing was that it didn't fit perfectly. We had to "convince" a couple of the bolts to move a bit in order for it to finally fit on. Anyone else have this problem? No major surgery or anything but we were both pretty suprised. Anyhow, it only took about 5-10 minutes and once on it looked pretty sweet. It is the all black with yellow lettering one...I think that I have seen pics of a silver one too but I like the black on a black car.

So, yesterday I put it through it's paces a bit. The car does feel a lot tighter around curves. I was a nay-sayer before saying that a STB is just an under-hood ornament and that it doesn't do anything but I really think that the car feels more solid now. Maybe I am crazy. The thing that I noticed is that it seems easier to squeel the tires around curves now. Is this just because I am pushing the car harder or is this actually because of the STB? I can't imagine why since this is supposed to get me to handle BETTER on curves but I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. i am going to assume that it is because the car feels tighter that I am taking it at higher speeds which is as good an idicator of the STB working as I can think of. As I learned from my performance driving class, squeeling tires are happy tires so I don't mind a bit of noise.

So, to sum up, for the Neuspeed STB. I am pleased.
Glad you like it, bro. Thanks for the cerveza.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Masshole

glad you like it, pal....another satisfied tmk70 customer
Old 06-26-2003, 08:24 PM
What, me drive fast?

Thanks a lot Todd...I appreciate it.

Good luck with the car!
Old 06-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Pro

why don't you check your PM's.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:49 AM
What, me drive fast?

Okay...you have a PM now!
Old 06-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Tires

It could be because your pushing the car more... but your stock tires do suck...

Smitty