Needing front right top shock tower strut (I think)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 01:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needing front right top shock tower strut (I think)

OK I don't know how the heck it happened, but the top of the front shock tower mount on the passenger side of the car is knocked out of center on my car (the cause of the annoying squeak on my car that initially sounded like the sways weren't greased enough).

I believe the part is a 30$ part from the dealer, but wanted to find out if anyone carried it that I could order and do the replacement myself. I will post pics when I get a chance, but need recommendations on who might carry this part on-line.

Don't know how it could have happened, but usually the top of the shock is centered on this mount (which I bellieve is made of a rubber material that the top of the strut goes through, surrounded by a metal frame which is bolted to the frame of the car), but needless to say it no longer is.

Could an improper installation cause this to happen, or could a rear end collision cause the part to get as jacked as it did? Thinking that hitting a curb too hard could possibly cause the part to break as well? Anyone have any suggestions, or possibly where I could obtain the part that I need on-line?

Oh well may be time to replace the shocks as well with some Koni's
Old 01-02-2002, 04:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Anyone know of anything??

Any clues about any place where I might be able to obtain the part on-line? Or does it look like a dealer specific part that i'll need to goto the dealer and order?

I believe someone had also mentioned that it is the same part as what the Accord uses? Any truth to this?
Old 01-02-2002, 08:38 PM
Ain't No Other...

Re: Anyone know of anything??

Originally posted by JSuppi
Any clues about any place where I might be able to obtain the part on-line? Or does it look like a dealer specific part that i'll need to goto the dealer and order?

I believe someone had also mentioned that it is the same part as what the Accord uses? Any truth to this?
go to www.majestichonda.com and there is a online parts ordering link on there...might want to call them up and check if it is the part that you think it is...