Need Some Help,TV/GPS/DVD

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 06:35 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Some Help,TV/GPS/DVD

Allright I don't know much about this and I have posted before. I want to know what tv's fit in the notepad holder.
Then my second question is can I Hook up the stock in dash 6 disc to this TV and the radio.
Third Question what GPS system should I get, really interested in the features like 5 million points and Avg Speed, Time to destentation, Voice command.
What prices am i looking at full system GPS/TV Install.
Old 10-28-2001, 09:57 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Need Some Help,TV/GPS/DVD

Originally posted by pgatour1
Allright I don't know much about this and I have posted before. I want to know what tv's fit in the notepad holder.
Then my second question is can I Hook up the stock in dash 6 disc to this TV and the radio.
Third Question what GPS system should I get, really interested in the features like 5 million points and Avg Speed, Time to destentation, Voice command.
What prices am i looking at full system GPS/TV Install.
First question, I dont think you can get one that fit nicely without modification. Tim, owner of a-tl.com, has a modded Pioneer sits right where you want.
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hlight=monitor

second question, definately if you can find the right installer.

Third question, you should look at Alpine Navi, the equivalent of CL's navi (last saw 1800 at Car Toys, should be cheaper).

Fourth, you should post this in A/V forum so StreetEffect can give you some idea.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:07 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Tim's setup is done with a Pioneer P7000 TV. It has been modified (taken apart). That one can be used, and a couple other motorized monitors that we carry can also possibly be used. Other than that, you'd have to get a monitor a custom make a motorization kit for it.

You can hook up the factory sound system to this, no problem. As for navi, I'd go with either the Alpine or Pioneer navigation (both of which we carry). Prices on the navigations range, starting at around $1700.

As for pricing on the p7000 plus custom installation, if you can find someone in your area to do it, I'd expect to pay anywhere from $700 - $1500 in labor alone. The P7000 unit is in the $850 - $950 area.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:19 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FUck that sounds like a pain in the ass. Can Acura just put a stock Navi in my car.