Need Help! Please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:32 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need Help! Please.

Okay, so i bought this phone charger from ebay. Worked fine for a few months the other day I plug it in to my front power port and the radio goes dead. I figured I must have arched something when I put it in and blew a fuse. No big deal... but shortly after that i was driving my wifes MDX and i plug in the same charger and this time everything goes dead. the radio and the Nav. I checked all of the fuses and everything is okay. on the MDX the anti theft light still blinks and it will eject CD's but won't power on, and the Nav won't do anything. I'm stuck.

Any ideas?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 PM
10th Gear

Just discovered that none of my power ports on the MDX work and my memory seats do not work any more ether. The power to the seat works just not the memory portion. Is there a fuse or something somewhere that I'm not seeing. I tested all of the blade fuses in the block under the dash and under the hood. Tested continuity to the fuses with the clear top as well. I don't want to have to pay the stealer a bunch of money to figure this out if it is something stupid that I'm missing.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
There are fuse panels on both the drivers side and passenger side and one under the hood. Have you checked the fuses in all three panels? Sounds like a fuse issue in one of those locations.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:00 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Allout
There are fuse panels on both the drivers side and passenger side and one under the hood. Have you checked the fuses in all three panels? Sounds like a fuse issue in one of those locations.
Thank you, I thought I had checked all of them but I didn't realize there was a panel on the passenger side. I thought it sounded like a fuse issue as well but then when none of theme were blown I was just scratching my head. I will check the passenger side today.

Weird thing is, that in my CL it is only the radio and power ports that went out but in the MDX everything went. The power ports, the memory seats, the radio, & the nav. If I was ever really pissed at someone all I have to do is plug that charger in there car.