NEED HELP FAST:engine acting crazy after mugen mods/thermoblocks install

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 03:55 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED HELP FAST:engine acting crazy after mugen mods/thermoblocks install

aight guys i need ur help ASAP.

i took off my intake manifold to install my thermoblock spacer kit today, along with a mugen thermostat and also the fan switch.

I installed everything, put everything back together, and start up the car.

the engine now makes a fucking woooshing sound, and it goes up and down from 3k to 1.5k rpm non-stop. (i shut it off after 2-3 seconds didnt wanna mess it up)

no lights are on.

WTF did I do??
Old 07-26-2005, 06:55 PM
ex 6 Speed owner :(

Did you spill a bunch of coollant? Make sure all the vacuum lines are hooked up as well...
Old 07-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
aight guys i need ur help ASAP.

i took off my intake manifold to install my thermoblock spacer kit today, along with a mugen thermostat and also the fan switch.

I installed everything, put everything back together, and start up the car.

the engine now makes a fucking woooshing sound, and it goes up and down from 3k to 1.5k rpm non-stop. (i shut it off after 2-3 seconds didnt wanna mess it up)

no lights are on.

WTF did I do??
could be a couple of things, did you have the intake hooked up when you started it, next it might be doing idle learn proceduce and you could have left a vaccum line off too.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Odd that when I did mine six months ago, exactly ONE MILE down the road my engine started to do the same thing at a stop light. Turned out to be the IAC valve or idle air control valve I think, engine was going up and down in rpm's over and over. It is located on the underneath of the throttle body. I hope this helps as I too thought I must have hooked up something wrong. BTW I have a scanner and scanned it right away...it said "Throttle Position Sensor" but my great local Acura dealer service rep said "nope, don't buy one, just replace your IAC valve as the scanners are often wrong on this one. The IAC effects the TBS". Hope this helps!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would double check and make sure you hooked everything up.... you probably left off a vaccum line or didnt hook up one of the sensors...