Need Help with BASSLINK install

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help with BASSLINK install

Ok, ive read Silverknights template and viewed his pics, i have a few questions...as far as power wire and ground wire, that seems very straightforward....as far as the remote wire and RCA connections:

1.) for the remote wire, do you just splice into the wire labled as "constant power" that is coming from the factory amp in the trunk from the guide on the helms manual?? or is there another wire that you should splice it into??

2.) for the RCA connections, its been said that you dont need a line level converter...is this true?? if so, do you just take a set of RCA cables and cut off one end and splice them?? if so, which wires do you splice them into? the rear speaker wires?? if so, how do you splice a + and - speaker wire into 1 RCA cable?

if im thinking incorrectly on this install, please advise, ive done quite a few stereo installs in my day but never installing anything without a new headunit that has pre-outs for amps and no need for this splicing, line converter stuff. thanks for any detailed responses you guys have!!
Old 08-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

I don't have the manual handy, but maybe somone can give you the correct wires. Or if you have a manual look them up. But yes you can splice in a pair of RCA cables to the factory head unit. You need to splice the signal wires coming from the head unit. You cannot use the speaker wires. If you are not able to do this, or don't want to, you can use a LOC & splice that into the rear speaker wires. Either way will work. For turn on, I ran a wire to the fuse box on the drivers side, & tapped into the radio fuse. You should not use the constant on wire from the factory amp. If you did, the basslink would never shut off. You can use the remote wire from the factory amp.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:42 AM
Banned

ok, so how do i know what wires are the signal wires coming from the head unit?? and at that point, do i just cut off the connectors on one end of the RCA cables and splice it in like that??? if i use a line output converter, can i splice it into the speakerwires coming off the factory amp???
Old 08-07-2002, 11:28 AM
Banned

anyone??? whats the best way to splice into the factory stereo system for the signal cables?? and what wires are they?
Old 08-07-2002, 01:01 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for wire colors? Did you say you read my template? Read again