Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 02:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!

Hi guys. Long time since Ive been on this forum. My CL-S is doing fine. Could you guys help me on something. Im planning of buying my self a MB CLK next month(sorry guys i just got a nice job that pays well). Here is my question. I brought my CL-S on Loan for 36months in June 2001. I want to trade my CL-S for the CLK but what will I have to do? Will i get my CLK cheaper and how much money will i get for the CL-S( remember that the CL-S isnt fully payed yet) ? please help. never had to do this before because i am still young (22).. HELP.. THANK YOU SO MUCH
Old 12-06-2001, 02:49 PM
'Cooter

Re: Need Help!

Originally posted by buyingCLsoon
Hi guys. Long time since Ive been on this forum. My CL-S is doing fine. Could you guys help me on something. Im planning of buying my self a MB CLK next month(sorry guys i just got a nice job that pays well). Here is my question. I brought my CL-S on Loan for 36months in June 2001. I want to trade my CL-S for the CLK but what will I have to do? Will i get my CLK cheaper and how much money will i get for the CL-S( remember that the CL-S isnt fully payed yet) ? please help. never had to do this before because i am still young (22).. HELP.. THANK YOU SO MUCH
i can think of one thing...take out a loan to pay off the CL-S and resell it, trying to get a bit more for it, and go after the CLK

or have your folks take out a home equity loan against the value of your house, reimburse them as they pay off the loan and get a tax writeoff on interest

im no expert, so u should sit down with your folks or the bank people and weigh out options...NEVER sign something until u're absolutely sure u will b satisfied and can afford the terms...best of luck!!
Old 12-06-2001, 02:50 PM
7th Gear

Expect to take a huge loss when doing a trade in!

You could just sell your CL to me and call it a day. :-) Got any pics send to emailchaddog@yahoo.com Later
Old 12-06-2001, 03:31 PM
Instructor

All you gotta do is talk to the MB salesman, they'll work out everything. They will usually buy ur CLS, use the money they would give u for ur CLS to pay off the loan, depending on how much u paid already and whats ur loan's outstanding amount, u might have to put in some money or u might get money back. But the MB dealer would do everything. All u gotta worry about is getting a good trade in value for ur CLS and getting a great price on the CLK. Have fun with the CLK, hope ur getting the 430. Is a great car, my gf's dad had one before he traded it in for the CLK55. I drove it once and it was great. And remember, after u drive a mercedes, nothing else quailfy as a "car" anymore.
Old 12-06-2001, 03:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

2 options....

1- Goto some auto site, www.edmunds.com, www.kbb.com & see what you car is worth. Call the loan company & ask what the payoff amount is. Try & sell your CL-S for book value, or maybe a little less. Get the money pay it off, give the buyer the title, your done. Good thing is if you owe less the the book value you can pocket the money.

2- Find out what the car is worth by going to the above sites. Find out the payoff amount again. Have the MB Dealer do a trade in estimate on the CL-S. Compare the price he offers you to the amount owed on the loan. If the amount is more then what you owe. The MB Dealer should take that CLS as a trade, & just pay it off for you & applie any money owed to you towards the price of the MB. Now if the dealer offers you less then what you owe on the car what happends is the dealer still takes the CL-S as a trade. but now adds any difference you owe to the price of the car.

Example:
Price of new MB is $25K
CL-S loan amount is $22K
Dealer offers trade of $23K
Dealer pays off car & subtracks the $1K owed to you from the new MB
New price of MB is $24K

CL-S loan amount is $22K
Dealer offers you $21K
Dealer pays off loan then adds the $1K difference to the new MB
New price of MB is $26K