Need Advice....Quick!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 09:40 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need Advice....Quick!!!

In a recent post I had asked about a problem I was having with a hesitation when accelerating. After some people replied and watching the video someone made of the actuator that opens up the secondary intake valve, I concluded after testing my car that I had a bad actuator. I took my car into the dealer told them what was wrong, they didn't believe me. After having my car a day they called and told me that they were going to replace the "Control Module", they said they felt that this was why I was feeling a power loss, and that this control module also controls the actuator. Well i got my car back, it feels as strong as it ever has but when I had someone rev the car up for me the actuator still doesn't snap over around 4000 rpm. Does it matter if I am park or do I have to be in neutral, or with the new Control module will it only pop open when I am driving. I am very tempted to call the service manager and complain and show him the video of the actuator, but I don't want to look like an idiot if I am wrong? Someone help me out!!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
It should kick over in park. It's purely RPM related as far as I know. There was a guy here that had a similar problem explaining this to the dealer. Take them to another TL-S or CL-S and show them what it should do and have them call their tech line is one way to approach. Good Luck.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:23 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~

After digging around a little bit moreon this site, I have found that replacing the Control Module with a new one does not change the functionality of the IMRC actuator. i am calling the Service Manager tomorrow morningto complain, and I will have my laptop and video of a functioning actuator ready to prove my point, thanks anyway. I just hate it when dealers makeyou look like you have no clue what you are talking about.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:17 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Problem fixed. Called the service manager this morning, explained to him the problem, what the part is, how it works, how its tested, and without even asking to see my car he said he was going to order the Bypass Valve Actuator for me. He was quite impressed that I knew what the problem was and how to see if its working or not. All I have to say to that is thank you to everyone on this forum for posting your problems and how they got fixed. It makes life so much easier, since as many of you know dealing with service departments can be a pain in the

Thanks
Old 09-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Yes it really sucks when you know more on how to fix your car then a dealershp does. I get it all the time.