Navigation system keeps resetting!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 07:58 PM
dynamic Duo!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation system keeps resetting!!!!

i know this belongs in the A/V forums, but this is getting pretty frustrating.

my nav system randomly says "NAVI DOOR OPEN (or something close to that)", and flashes back to the ACURA NAVIGATION SYSTEM splash screen. The whole thing works normally when it does... Sometimes i need the guidance mapping, and randomly it'll just reset on me...

dealer's probably gonna murder me on the repair charges... anyone seen this before???
Old 10-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried troubleshooting? If so what have you attempted... For one I would start with the disc.. For two I beleive there is a reset button somewhere on the actual nabi unit in the trunk.. The units have been known to fail after a year or so. So it could possibly be the actual unit.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya the same thing was happening to me a couple of months ago, and I found it to be that the navi door on the unit in the trunk was open. I would close it but then drive away and it would of course open back up again causing the unit to then reset. For a temporary fix I just taped the door shut then brought it straight to Acura and they blamed it on my audio installer for mounting a small converter with double sided tape on top of the navi unit, some how causing the top of the unit to bend which then prohibited the door from staying closed. But the funny part was that this converted was mounted there about a year ago, and the moved to another spot, and I never had any problems within that time period so who the hell knows what it really was. But besides the point Acura ordered me a entirely new unit without any problems!!!