Nav-Luv

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav-Luv

Where have you guys travelled using the nav in our cars? Any fond/bad stories? Please share. One of the reasons why I chose the cls is the nav, I am looking forward to start utilizing it next week on my trip to northern cali (from south california)..
Old 05-13-2003, 02:27 AM
6SPDCLS

Re: Nav-Luv

Originally posted by G type S
Where have you guys travelled using the nav in our cars? Any fond/bad stories? Please share. One of the reasons why I chose the cls is the nav, I am looking forward to start utilizing it next week on my trip to northern cali (from south california)..
I love it at first when I bought my 2001 without navi. Then i hated myself cause I didn't get it with my 2001 car. Now i have my 2003 6 speed WITH NAVI this time around..and i hate myself cause i spent $2000 and all i got was some fucking old maps that give me directions to costco that's 1300+ miles away!

Shit, I am having some major craving for the TSX 8" Navi screen..and its dual climate control, voice activated hvac system, pizza oven and chicken nugget maker!

FUCK, please acura, release the new updates this fall as you said many times! Other than the lack of updates and flopping down $2000, i'd say I used it about 20 times..it really does come in handy when you need it. Still a very nice choice since it really complements the dash nicely...way way better looking with OEM navi than aftermarket...
Old 05-13-2003, 02:42 AM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Its not perfect and almost useless if u dont commute out of ur city much.

But its heaven sent if ur travelling or in a city/area ur not familiar with. I moved to houston recently and i dont know what i wouldve done w/o it. When i was back in austin, i hardly ever turned it on.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Positive story - Going on a travel for work, have no clue where I'm going. Punch the address into the NAVI, it gets me there, to the hotel, to a friend's house that I knew from college, to a local micro-brew bar that she had heard was good (looked it up by category), from my friend's house back to Virginia. All without any mistakes (may not have been the fastest way always but it worked!) There was also major construction in the area, and the NAVI was able to recover from roads and exist which were blocked off and get me my destination.

Negative story - Going to a caravan for the Import Xtreme BBQ in Virginia and the NAVI tells me to go passed the Tyson's Corner Mall and then make a U-turn so I can go into one of the entrances which you can only turn into from one side of the road (passing up all the other entrances which I could have). I make the U-turn and of course the TL has too wide of a turning radius to make it, so I slam the car into reverse, back up a bit, slam it into drive and chirp the tires ... my friend is behind me with an RSX-S which has an equally bad turning radius, she can't make it either so she has to do the same... but the SUV behind her is making a left hand turn and nearly crashes into her! She is not a fan of my NAVI system anymore

I have more positive stories than negative stories however! And it usually can get me where I need to go without any real problems. It just doesn't always take convenience into consideration.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:54 PM
Race Director

Kansas City, Minneapolis, Chicago, Denver, St. Louis, Dallas, San Antonio...basically from one end of I-35 in Minnesota to Texas.

Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, West Virigina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey......

My favourite Navi story was a couple years ago, plugging to PAA in NJ, starting from Kansas and driving door to door and following the directions exactly. As you might know in places on the East coast, there are a couple choices of highways from West to East, I had my doubts but after hours and hours and hours and different Interstates and highways and freeways and roads and then driving right up to the front door....impressive!
Old 05-14-2003, 12:20 AM
whoXwanXsum

navi is the shit! i have ZERO problems with mine. it's a must have.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:40 AM
Safety Car

Screw all of you!
I don't need it, I just want the damn screen!
Old 05-14-2003, 09:23 AM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It is OFF THE CHAIN! I drove from Austin to Amarillo (middle of TX to top of TX 7hr drive) using just the navi and it worked like a charm until I actually got to Amarillo (it is not mapped yet).
1. It makes the dash look good.
2. It gives you a HUGE sense of FREEDOM when you are in your car. You will never feel lost again.
3. Even when your driving to a place you know how to get to, it helps you see EXACTLY how far you are from it.
4. HER VOICE IS DAMN SEXY! Anybody that heres the turn by turn voice directions will fall in love with your car. After 2.5 years with her, I still hear voice prompts that amaze me like "drive approximately 200 miles" and "enter circle drive ahead."
5. DVD ON MY NAVI!!!!! Life saver on long trips. The wife is actually stays up with me now
Old 05-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Racer

I've had it all over Florida, but so far only 3 cities I've been in are detailed. Tampa, Orlando, and Fort Myers. No problems yet, but one time out in the middle of no where it counted down to a turn and then told me to turn. There were only cow pastures to the left and right. Wierd part is I've been that way twice since then and it did it again both times. Software bug I guess?