My views on the Xephyr fiasco

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001 | 01:03 AM
Team Owner

My views on the Xephyr fiasco

You guys can SLAM Chris all you want, but I still say his product is SOLID.
As for his business practices, yes….they suck.

Think about it….all this thing is made from is a K&N filter, 3” pipe & air valve (which is an AEM by the way).
I’m a Mechanical Engineer with a 4-year degree from Penn State and I wouldn’t have bolted this thing on my car if I thought it was SHIT.
I still think the Xephyr design is superior to the AEM because of the way the upper pipe is utilized retaining the stock cooling & vacuum connections.

My days of recommending the Xephyr to other CL owners are definitely over, but there is no reason to say the Xephyr is a BAD design.
The most likely part to fail would be the AEM Bypass valve.
With the Pennsylvania weather varying from heavy flooding to heavy snow, the bypass valve is a necessity for me.

You guys that got shafted for the money have my sympathies, but don’t go saying that anyone who chose the Xephyr has a poor design.

The AEM CAI has had its share of problems including brackets that break and placement that allows underbody fasteners to possibly pierce the filter.

For the record, Chris isn’t returning my E-Mails either.

MODS…..Please lock this if the reply’s get UGLY.

Shawn S

------------------
Make me an offer….It’s FOR SALE when the 6-Speed MANUAL comes out, I HATE the SLUSH SHIFT !!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS