my quest to build the 300-325 HP Accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 10:37 AM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my quest to build the 300-325 HP Accord

I know your saying it can't be done without NOS or major modifications
okay tell me what you think guys (well other than you think i'm nuts)
If I start with a new style V-6 Accord coupe 6 speed
you start out at 240 HP.(that's out of the factory)
add in Comptech Supercharger (according to Comptech website it will kick it up about 45 HP)(your up to 285 HP)
Comptech headers(that's about 25-30 HP)(310 HP)
Comptech pipes(that's 5-10 HP)(315-320 HP)
from what i've read about the Accord they are running 15 flat out of the factory. I figure with my mods I could run a 14 flat.

I know you guys are saying why don't you use NOS but personally I don't like NOS(I'd rather use a turbo than NOS)
Old 08-01-2002, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let me be the first to say that you simply cant add HP numbers like that, it doesnt work that way.....you can start with the supercharger (which obviously the current accord supercharger will not work for so get in line behind us CL-S guys for that mod...as it will require more planning and development to get the thing to work on this totally new accord) anyhow, you can start with the supercharger, when it comes out, then you can add the headers (which also will most likely not fit the new accord until they get redeveloped for this new car) you cant just add 30 HP to that #....they may only do 15-20 over the supercharger...same thing with the exhaust, that exhaust for the 03 accord will probably do 2-5 hp if you are lucky, kind of like it does with the CL-S..its just not an effectiver performance mod....now the only feasible way to get to 300 hp is gonna be geting that supercharger whenever that comes out, and putting a HELLUVA underdrive pully on it..you need to get more boost out of that bad boy, obviously COMPTECH isnt giving it its full potential out of the box, a smaller pulley is in order...then that supercharger alone should give ya at least 60-75 hp....then add your headers for another 15 and your exhaust for maybe another 5 if youre lucky, now you are looking at more realistic #s...with the right pulley that supercharger should be capable of 100 hp....but who knows how much strain that would put on this motor....
Old 08-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Banned

or, think of this...once this 2003 accord coupe comes out...fully loaded will be like 27-28k...at that point, you will be able to go to acura and get an 03 6 speed for only a few grand more as acura will probably be DYING to sell them once they start losing all their business to the accord....so if you go that route you will start with 260 hp and a better namebrand right off the bat....stock CL-S 6 speed have been proven to do 14.3 at best.....maybe even better, so with the supercharger, headers, etc...you are looking at hopefully a low low 13 or even a high 12 with OPTIMAL track conditions (cold as hell, dry) and sticky sticky tires.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:50 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
jimcol = Resident Mod Whore!

j/k
Old 08-01-2002, 10:52 AM
Banned

scrib, i wish i was!! shit, i dont even have headers!!
Old 08-01-2002, 10:57 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

with the SC you'll be able to add more HP just adding a under-drive pulley and the stock accord exhausts are notriously restrictive so you will be able to pick up 10-15hp their.....look at the current accord. I think that your goal will be reachable but not sure how long your engine will last and how easy it will be to keep that car from riding sideways because of the torque steer and no LSD.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Well, like Jim said.. I don't think it's possible. Besides for that fact that adding the gains from mods is not cummulative, none of the mods listed are available yet.... I mean... look how long it took for the SC to come... and it's still not out. I don't think it would be possible w/o spending a ton of cash... at which point it's not worth it.....
Old 08-01-2002, 11:10 AM

I think it is hard getting the NSX to those numbers. Honda builds very balanced cars, too much power would upset this balance.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:27 AM
go like hell

i was figuring a 03 CL type S (which might i add I think a hot wonderful car ) with dad's discount(cause he works for Honda) no navigation 6 speed he can get for about 26 grand(before tax,title and that other BS)
a 02 Accord v-6(lets use this for numbers guys) EX(loaded(cause I know a even a loaded Accord doesn't stack up to a CL) he can get that for about 21 or 22(it's in that ball part) so for 4-5 grand (in my opinion) I'm getting a a stronger,better looking car, and longer warrenty.(only thing is i might not "go nuts" with the power mods at first #1 money #2 I haven't been to many Acura dealers around here but I have a friend with a Integra and he wanted to just put like a DC sport pipe on it when it was like 6 months old and he called the dealership asking them if it would screw up his warrenty he(the dealer repair manager) said you can do it but your warrenty off . so he waited till it went off warrenty and then he slapped on the pipe what I didn't understand is it's just a pipe. it's not like he put a 100 shot NOS fogger system on or some wild custom turbo system on.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:29 PM
:)

warranties are not dealer specific, right? so if one dealer wont honor the warranty after you slap a pipe on it, can't you just go to a different dealer?
Old 08-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

they can refuse to do regular work but not warranty work. That's B.S.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:00 PM
go like hell

all I know is they told him(cause we were bored and I asked him just to be safe if it would mess with his warranty)(he didn't think it would and i didn't think it would but we went to the dealer) and
we(the dealer and I)(cause I know he really wanted to get the pipe but he's the type that won't speak up for himself so I won't let people walk over my friends) so I said look I know a thing or 2 about cars a pipe (except maybe stright pipes) won't hurt a car matter of fact it might help fuel mileage, power gains, plus if he likes the way it sounds that's cool)
the dealer's service dept manager flat out said do what you want but if you slap on that pipe your warranty is gone
Then I left called the dealer's service dept a idiot and he better get his head out his rearend(well i didn't use that word)
. So he played their little game of letting the warrenty run out and then slap on a pipe:P (but still it's kind of retarded out the dealer) his car sounds pretty nice for a Integra(and he likes how it sounds and the power gain on the Integra)(now once i get my CL I'm gonna have to run him)
this is why when i go to get my CL i won't even go get prices at this guy.

now i don't know how true this is I got a friend at school(I don't know how honest this kid is but he seems like he knows a thing or 2 about cars) he said he went to this same dealership got a new Acura Integra from him all he did was put a little oversize rims on it(like 17's) and he brought it in on warranty work and the service manager(same jerk off) said look if you don't get those rims off ASAP your warranty gone(I guess they wouldn't let him use their jacks or air guns so he had run home with his car(cause his "winter" or OEM tires were at home and slapped them on with his own jack and wrenches) then took it back over he sounded like he was very TICKED . so he took it back over to them they did the warranty work. he got it back and he the nice rims back on but i told him i would have done the same thing. if they wanna play games i can too:P
Old 08-02-2002, 10:17 PM
:)

somehow, that doesnt sound like "playing games too"... It just sounds like bending over for the dealer....
Old 08-02-2002, 10:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Zapata, 10-15 HP from exhasut?
Old 08-02-2002, 10:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Water-S, what do you consider a major modification, if not the SC?
Old 08-02-2002, 10:22 PM

Why not just buy a 300-325hp car?
Old 08-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by KCPreki11
Zapata, 10-15 HP from exhasut?
Yeah stock accord exhaust is VERY restrictive! I was suprised as well. Look how much HP the CAT back exhaust the RSX gives.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:37 PM
go like hell

to me major mods is when you tear down the motor and put in forged lower end(pistons,con rods,and crank),bore it,
port and polish the heads, roller cams, put in larger injectors,custom turbo setup, intercooler set up. mostly what your "rich boy ricers" do. (well besides the altezza lights and stainless steel spoilers ). but even though I make fun of them I have more respect for them than the NOS guys cause to me NOS is only short term "power fix" cause yeah when you hit the NOS your like "holy hell this is quick" but once your either out of NOS or that shot done your back to your regular set up.( i know your saying fog all the time you can't do that it's hard on block and other internal parts) where if you have internal "bad boy parts"(as i call them) that power is there always(or should be). maybe i'm too old school. cause I admit I'm only 21 but when I helped my friend build his 350 S-10(which is "oh crap this sucker fast " ) we got the motor tore it down(even though the guy said it was in good shape) basically we went through everything(we had it down to the bare block had it bored out(i forget how much) plus with tearing down the motor you can see if you got things are weak or about ready to give out.
Now only thing is Clint(my friend with a 350 S-10) is getting bored with the 350 and he wants me to (once he gets money) help build a 454 or LT1 motor(which is a 350 out of a vette)(cause the 350 he got was out of a older pickup(like 70's or 80's) and we souped it up)(he was telling me that to drop into it(only thing i worried about is the firewall and keeping rearends in it) he already snapped a heavy duty rear end with the 350 can you imagine with a 454.(but you guys gotta know Clint):P
Old 08-02-2002, 11:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Why not just buy a 300-325hp car?
Hey there, why not bring your Lexus over to Smyrna in the morning to see what it can pull...