My 01 cls almost got stolen in front of my house..."B.C" onwers please come in

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 02:06 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 01 cls almost got stolen in front of my house..."B.C" onwers please come in

last night, i saw 2 people tried to break in my 01 cls in front of my house...they saw my room lighted on and they jumped into their civic HB (i believe) and rushed away..and in the morning..i noticed that my driver side door has some scratches.. but luckily my cls does not get stolen.. but almost.... as my previous post...
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=77563

as in canada..the only insurance in bc.canada, is icbc...wonder if cl series or tl series has the tracking device if they are been stolen as i do not have garage for my cls....as it seems to be a target now..how should i do?? my cls is all stock......
can icbc repair my scratch door???what should i do if it is really gone.(it is my first car and i have no idea what to do).i am so nervous now..as i can not sleep well in the middle of night..i will wake up in the middle of night to check it if it is still on the driveway..damn.i hate thieves..
Old 08-14-2002, 09:45 AM
Drifting

Re: My 01 cls almost got stolen in front of my house..."B.C" onwers please come in

Originally posted by Mika
last night, i saw 2 people tried to break in my 01 cls in front of my house...they saw my room lighted on and they jumped into their civic HB (i believe) and rushed away..and in the morning..i noticed that my driver side door has some scratches.. but luckily my cls does not get stolen.. but almost.... as my previous post...
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=77563

as in canada..the only insurance in bc.canada, is icbc...wonder if cl series or tl series has the tracking device if they are been stolen as i do not have garage for my cls....as it seems to be a target now..how should i do?? my cls is all stock......
can icbc repair my scratch door???what should i do if it is really gone.(it is my first car and i have no idea what to do).i am so nervous now..as i can not sleep well in the middle of night..i will wake up in the middle of night to check it if it is still on the driveway..damn.i hate thieves..
Only the 03 CLs have the tracking device because of the Onstar being added that year. I would highly recommend you get the Compustar alarm because rather than just making loud sounds...it has a pager feature that allows YOU to know if someone is tampering with your car. Pretty nice remote...has an LCD screen with a car and it vibrates when someone is messing with your car. Worth the money for safety of mind and convience since it has an autostart and window roll down options.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
For a start, get a couple of motion detector lights. Second, get a good cover for the car. Alot of those covers come with a wire that runs under the car with a lock.

Won't make it steal proof but it might deter anyone thinking of messing with it.

The stock alarm sucks................
Old 08-14-2002, 10:21 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
should of chased the lil pricks w/ a bat!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:31 AM
Drifting

Shoot...if I was him and this happened to me...I would sleep in my car (if it had a tint) and wait until someone started to mess with it...bust the door open and pull out my baton or bat as ghander put it...and BEAT the MOFOs down!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:35 AM
Balla on a Budget

Originally posted by peiqinglong
Shoot...if I was him and this happened to me...I would sleep in my car (if it had a tint) and wait until someone started to mess with it...bust the door open and pull out my baton or bat as ghander put it...and BEAT the MOFOs down!
HAhhsahah thats some funny shiet man!!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:56 AM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I always thought that someone should have made that alarm in the Naked Gun movie where when someone tries to break into the car and a mechanical arm comes out from underneath the car and grabs the guy's balls.

Old 08-14-2002, 11:35 AM
Intermediate

As far as I know, neither Canadian nor US 2001 CLs have a tracking device of any sort. You could go aftermarket as others have suggested. The CLs and TLs do have a passive electronic immobilizer which disables the ignition so that it cannot be started without the actual microchipped key. I may be ignorant otherwise, but I don't think this car can be stolen by any novice punk-ass theives other than by lifting the your CL onto a flatbed truck.

ICBC will fix the scratches on your door and any other damage done by this incident. It's covered under the comprehensive portion of your insurance. At the very least, it'll cost you $300 in deductible, asssuming that you renewed your insurance this year. They will also probably ask you to go report this incident to the local police and to obtain a police file no. You can call the 24-hour Dial-a-Claim @ 604.520.8222.

Relax... I am actually way more paranoid of all the degenerate fawkers dinging my car [ :angry than my CL-S being stolen.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 08-14-2002, 11:42 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by MilkBone
As far as I know, neither Canadian nor US 2001 CLs have a tracking device of any sort. You could go aftermarket as others have suggested. The CLs and TLs do have a passive electronic immobilizer which disables the ignition so that it cannot be started without the actual microchipped key. I may be ignorant otherwise, but I don't think this car can be stolen by any novice punk-ass theives other than by lifting the your CL onto a flatbed truck.

ICBC will fix the scratches on your door and any other damage done by this incident. It's covered under the comprehensive portion of your insurance. At the very least, it'll cost you $300 in deductible, asssuming that you renewed your insurance this year. They will also probably ask you to go report this incident to the local police and to obtain a police file no. You can call the 24-hour Dial-a-Claim @ 604.520.8222.

Relax... I am actually way more paranoid of all the degenerate fawkers dinging my car [ :angry than my CL-S being stolen.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Actually here is the scary thing...the immobilizer is not as full-proof as everyone thought. Some people's car were stolen on ATL board...and one of the board members recently posted on how to bypass the immobilizer...I didn't see the directions personally...but I hear it's rather easy. You can try doing a search for it, but the post has been deleted because of the sensitive nature of having such information public on the board.
Old 08-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Instructor

there is no LOJACK available in canada??
Old 08-14-2002, 02:44 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by INDIOKATS
there is no LOJACK available in canada??
i have no idea and i have never heard about it either...
Old 08-15-2002, 01:19 AM
CL fanatic

mika whereabouts do you live in vancouver?

i've never heard about lojack. and since canadian CL's don't have a navigation feature, therefore no Onstar.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Mika

i have no idea and i have never heard about it either...
Lojack is a recovery system similar to Onstar...http://www.lojack.com/
Old 08-15-2002, 10:51 AM
Red X

razor blades underneath the door handle and you get in from the passenger side. inconvience yes but well worth the price when you hear those theives scream in pain.