Mustang/GS/Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 12:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang/GS/Jetta

Just wanted to share some of my experiences tonight. It's been quite a while since I have gotten into a race, but tonight I went trolling the local hangout to get one last shot with the cold weather (our cars, especially with intakes LOVE the cold temperatures)

The first race turned out to not be so exciting. It looked like a GS400, even had the badges... He revved his engine at the light. First sign it was a fake was the sound of the engine. Secondly when the light turned green, I beat him to 50 by like 2 car lenghts. I shut it down because it was too easy. It HAD to be a GS300 because no way would I ever beat a 400/430 like that.

Second race... I ended up behind this hooked up late 80's Mustang 5.0. I have never raced a Mustang of any sort, so I jumped at the chance. When the light turned green, we both started slowly. I pulled next to him going about 20 and we both hit it. I downshifted to 1st, caught 5k rpm, spun the tires a little (I LOVE the cold weather), and embarrassed him. I had him by over a car to 70 or so when I stopped.

Last race... I met up with my friend with the hooked up Jetta 5-speed 1.8T. He has the APR chip, Exhaust (a few other goodies I can't remember), and just got a Y pipe. I had beaten him before, but he said the Y pipe was new and gave 10+ hp, so I gave him another shot. He had another person in his car, and he gave me a good race, but I still had him by a 1.5 cars to 90. He definitely has a fast car. Be careful of those Jetta's. If I didn't have my headers, he probably would have beaten me.

BTW, before any of you yell at me, all of these races occurred in a seculded area and late at night. I am always careful and NEVER race when there are other cars nearby. Finally, on streets, I never go above 50.. 2 above were on a secluded highway
Old 03-24-2002, 01:03 AM
Banned

Sounds like you had a good night...cool.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Mustang/GS/Jetta

Originally posted by cusdaddy
[

BTW, before any of you yell at me, all of these races occurred in a seculded area and late at night. I am always careful and NEVER race when there are other cars nearby. Finally, on streets, I never go above 50.. 2 above were on a secluded highway [/B]
WHERE YOU RACING IN QUEENS, I AM IN LIC DURING THE DAY