Mustang Bullet vs 03 Cl-S Auto

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 09:25 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang Bullet vs 03 Cl-S Auto

So I'm at a light on a main road, yet theres no traffic ahead for as long as I can see. Next to me is a mustang bullet, the guys pulls down his window, and says "you rich prick", (I'm 16, and I did pay partly for this car) you wanna go down? I said whatever man I guess I'll go at it." The light turns green I got Ac off and VSA he rapes me, I was just destroyed. I'm completely stock. We hit the next light, he puts his window down again, and yells out "Look who got raped". I was like wtf? He starts revin, next thing you know hes gone, cuz I didnt even attempt to race again. Two minutes later, I see the bullet on the side of the road, with a nice cop car next to it. Uh oh.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:18 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Sorry about the death...

but the guy in the Bullitt sounded like a dick. I wish i had been there to vindicate.

Damn, what's this world coming to when a Stang defends a CL against another Stang?
Old 09-26-2002, 10:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Good killed Glad to see he got what he deserved.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:57 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

Damn, I missed the part with the cop, lol
Old 09-27-2002, 10:49 AM
Burning Brakes

uh oh, you posted a got killed by a mustang, prepare to be flamed for not knowing
how to launch
shift
drive
etc
etc
etc
the truth does hurt tho
Old 09-27-2002, 11:42 AM
I hate the Mets

Fuck em, your 16 and driving a sweet ass car--Yes his car is nice too, but you'll still get laid a lot for having the Ack....

He was just jealous that your so young driving such a nice car
Old 09-28-2002, 10:29 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

Just cosigning what you said MC...

Originally posted by mc222@aol.com
Fuck em, your 16 and driving a sweet ass car--Yes his car is nice too, but you'll still get laid a lot for having the Ack....

He was just jealous that your so young driving such a nice car
You know what, I get jealous, too. But damn that...if you got it like that at 16, I ain't mad atcha, just wish I dd when I was 16. That guy in the Bullitt doesn't reflect the way the rest of us Stangers think. Hell, we got some 18 year olds with 03 Cobras...that's a 38k car out the door with no markup...

I know if everyone could have a nice car at 16, we would. Go ahead and pimp that CL like you should, bro. Good luck with it and enjoy!
Old 09-28-2002, 06:03 PM

THose things are fucking ugly!

Why anyone would want a MUSTANG is still beyond me!
Old 09-28-2002, 06:42 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Originally posted by TypeSKid

same reason why anyone would want a fuckin CL

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:10 PM
Advanced

I drive an S2000, but I still love Mustangs. My friend has a Bullitt with some basic mods, and I love driving his car. Just something about having a huge V8 with all that power under the hood. Not even the VTEC of an S2000 can match it. It oozes torque from any gear. The looks are still fairly clean cut and sharp. In black, clean, it looks really nice. It's all personal opinion. I can't wait and see what the new Gen mustangs will bring.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:05 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Infiltr8r

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I guess all Mustang owners are blind then??? :P

j/k
Old 09-28-2002, 11:23 PM
nothing

bullitt mustangs are only made in that dark olive looking green color.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bryanz3.0cl
bullitt mustangs are only made in that dark olive looking green color.
Incorrect.

They were also made in True Blue and Black.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Scrib
I guess all Mustang owners are blind then??? :P

j/k

I look more toward the "inner beauty"

Old 09-29-2002, 12:51 AM
WHO'S NEXT!!

true beauty is in the eye of the beholder. personal don't know why they changed from the previous body style? similar but hate those sharp edges espec in the head and tail light area. kinda looks like those spy photos in car mags of up and coming models with rough edges and all
Old 09-29-2002, 12:55 AM
Banned

Originally posted by quikcls
true beauty is in the eye of the beholder. personal don't know why they changed from the previous body style? similar but hate those sharp edges espec in the head and tail light area. kinda looks like those spy photos in car mags of up and coming models with rough edges and all
I also prefer my 94-98 body style.
Old 09-29-2002, 01:06 AM
nothing

correction...TRUE BULLITT MUSTANGS WERE AND ARE ONLY MADE IN DARK HIGHLAND GREEN, the dark olive green color. the blue and black were added in 2002 to "broadened its appeal and try to help sales".
Old 09-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Banned

correction...TRUE BULLITT MUSTANGS WERE AND ARE ONLY MADE IN DARK HIGHLAND GREEN, the dark olive green color. the blue and black were added in 2002 to "broadened its appeal and try to help sales".
CORRECTION:

YOU ARE FULL OF IT!!!

Bullitt Mustangs were made ONLY IN 2001 and they were available in Dark Highland Green, True Blue and Black.

Now some fans of the movie would say the only *true* Bullitt Mustangs wer Green as that is the color Steve McQueen drove, but Ford offered them in three colors. Again, ONLY IN 2001.

True Blue: 723
Ebony: 1818
Dark Highland Green: 3041
TOTAL PRODUCED: 5582

THERE IS NO 2002 BULLITT.

Don't know where you got that "quote" ("broadened its appeal and try to help sales")....not from Ford I would wager as even they don't have that bad of grammar.

If my reputation around here as a Mustang authority is not enough, I know at least three guys here in Houston that have each color and I have a fuggin brochure in front of me showing three colors.

As I don;t have a scanner, here are some threads from the Bullitt Message Forums:

http://www.imboc.com/phpBB/viewtopic...314&forum=10&4

http://www.imboc.com/phpBB/viewtopic...039&forum=10&2

A Black (Ebony techinaclly) Bullit:

A True Blue Bullitt:

Also, THERE IS NO 2002 BULLITT.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:31 PM
nothing

haha you're funny...i meant 2001. you must know everything about everything, so more power to you...yes i got that quote off some site, i'll try to find it later beacuse i'm not going to waste my time sitting on the internet to try and please you. i dont give a fuck about how much you know about mustangs or how much you think you know, all i know is...TRUE BULLITT MUSTANGS ARE MADE IN DARK HIGHLAND GREEN. and how were bullitt mustangs only made in 2001 if the original was made in '68. and wherever you think i had bad grammar in my previous post check again, it was probably a spelling error so don't try to insult my intelligence.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:39 PM
Suzuka Master

haha you're funny...i meant 2001. you must know everything about everything, so more power to you...yes i got that quote off some site, i'll try to find it later beacuse i'm not going to waste my time sitting on the internet to try and please you. i dont give a fuck about how much you know about mustangs or how much you think you know, all i know is...TRUE BULLITT MUSTANGS ARE MADE IN DARK HIGHLAND GREEN. and how were bullitt mustangs only made in 2001 if the original was made in '68. and wherever you think i had bad grammar in my previous post check again, it was probably a spelling error so don't try to insult my intelligence.
If true Bullit Mustangs are made in Highland green, why do I see black and blue ones driving around??? Quit arguing when you have been proven wrong.....
Old 09-29-2002, 05:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Maximized
If true Bullit Mustangs are made in Highland green, why do I see black and blue ones driving around??? Quit arguing when you have been proven wrong.....
He's been proven wrong and now he's throwing the red herring of the *true* Bullitt (Steve McQueen's car) and how he was not wrong.

Like I said before, "Bullitt purists" and fans of the movie might not consider the Blue and Black Bullitts *true*, and in a way they are right. However Ford made the Blue and Black Bullitts in 2001. That's a fact. Can't refute that.

I don't know everything about everything, but I do know a bit about Mustangs, particularly Mustangs from 1994 and up.

If you meant 2001, why did you say blue and black were "added in 2002".

There was no "Bullitt Mustang" made in 1968. There was a particular fastback that was used in the movie, but it was not a special model, obviously.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:50 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

yeah, i was surprised to see the Blue and Black at the Ford dealership, but there they were just as *true* as day...

Originally they weren't supposed to have the hoodscoop either, so much for that.

Now, let's talk about that new styling of the 99+ Stangs...looks meaner to me, but that's just my opinion...
Old 09-30-2002, 12:09 AM
Banned

yeah, i was surprised to see the Blue and Black at the Ford dealership, but there they were just as *true* as day...

Originally they weren't supposed to have the hoodscoop either, so much for that.

Now, let's talk about that new styling of the 99+ Stangs...looks meaner to me, but that's just my opinion...
Well, just don;t get caught paying extra for a special edition GT. The features you pay for (Hoodscoop on the 99 35th annv. models and wheels on the 2001 Bullitt) work their way into the regular parts bin.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:25 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

Originally posted by Pull_T
Well, just don;t get caught paying extra for a special edition GT. The features you pay for (Hoodscoop on the 99 35th annv. models and wheels on the 2001 Bullitt) work their way into the regular parts bin.
That was the other thing...the rims were only supposed to be on the Bullitt, but they ended up on all Premium 01 GTs...no extra cost on the Bullitt (it's a package you pay for) or the GT (again, part of a package)
Old 10-01-2002, 02:12 AM
Advanced

I'm lookin forward to the Mach 1. Finalized specs haven't been released, other than the pics which show new wheels, the semi-functional shaker style hood and the front bumper has a little protector looking thing under it. Rumored HP is over 300, which would put it close to the old Cobra. But I think it still lacks the independent rear suspension of the Cobras. Either way, I can't wait to drive one. I drove the 03 Cobras not too long ago at the local dealership. Very impressive. The clutch and the shifter just have this rock solid feel to them. After driving that, the clutch pedal in my S2000 just seemed to sink to the floor.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:29 PM
Instructor

damn..grow up.. the bullitt is a nice car.. so's the CL
Old 10-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Originally posted by threetwoseeL
damn..grow up.. the bullitt is a nice car.. so's the CL

um.........are you replying to a message posted like 3 pages ago, lol?
Old 10-01-2002, 07:04 PM
Banned

Originally posted by pbm317
I'm lookin forward to the Mach 1. Finalized specs haven't been released, other than the pics which show new wheels, the semi-functional shaker style hood and the front bumper has a little protector looking thing under it. Rumored HP is over 300, which would put it close to the old Cobra. But I think it still lacks the independent rear suspension of the Cobras. Either way, I can't wait to drive one. I drove the 03 Cobras not too long ago at the local dealership. Very impressive. The clutch and the shifter just have this rock solid feel to them. After driving that, the clutch pedal in my S2000 just seemed to sink to the floor.
I love the Mach 1. It;s basically the same as my car, DOHC, solid axle.....perfect.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

I guess that's what my car will be then...the 32V is going in this winter...next winter, I'm gonna stroke it to 5.0 or 5.2. After a freshening up, on goes the Roots! boy this is gonna be a beast! A CLS with N2O? wooooooooooooooooooooooo! j/k guys!
Old 10-01-2002, 11:28 PM
Banned

I guess that's what my car will be then...the 32V is going in this winter...next winter, I'm gonna stroke it to 5.0 or 5.2. After a freshening up, on goes the Roots! boy this is gonna be a beast! A CLS with N2O? wooooooooooooooooooooooo! j/k guys!

Why go through all that trouble and then put a Roots on there? Centrifugal all the way.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Intermediate

I personally can't understand these cl-s guy's, I mean infiltr8er all but apologizes for this guys actions & you still want to rip into him, I mean a lot of people respect your cars, it's like you guys just don't respect the people who drive any cars other than a cl-s
I for one just keep losing respect for you guys, nice car and all just lots of A-hole drivers or maybe it's just the ones who always respond in the forum....... who knows (geesh infiltr8er even offered to vindicate for you b4 he knew about the cop thing)
Old 10-02-2002, 10:48 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Originally posted by Robs98gtp
I personally can't understand these cl-s guy's, I mean infiltr8er all but apologizes for this guys actions & you still want to rip into him, I mean a lot of people respect your cars, it's like you guys just don't respect the people who drive any cars other than a cl-s
I for one just keep losing respect for you guys, nice car and all just lots of A-hole drivers or maybe it's just the ones who always respond in the forum....... who knows (geesh infiltr8er even offered to vindicate for you b4 he knew about the cop thing)
Err? someone was ripping into me?? LOL, I musta missed it...

Pull_T...I know what yer sayin, but there's something about a nice quiet Roots that just does it for me. I know that the Cent makes more top end power, but I don't use my top end all that much anyway. I figure the Roots is good enough for the track....seems to work ok for the 03 Cobra.

I dunno, maybe I'll change by the time I do it?
Old 10-02-2002, 10:49 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Thanks for standing up for me by the way...

I never try to put anyone down...even slow guys, heh heh.

AGAIN, JUST KIDDING!!
Old 10-02-2002, 10:57 PM
Banned

Err? someone was ripping into me?? LOL, I musta missed it...

Pull_T...I know what yer sayin, but there's something about a nice quiet Roots that just does it for me. I know that the Cent makes more top end power, but I don't use my top end all that much anyway. I figure the Roots is good enough for the track....seems to work ok for the 03 Cobra.

I dunno, maybe I'll change by the time I do it?
Well Roots (actually twinscrews/Lysholms, though I don't mind the general "roots" term) are not much quieter than my blower and mine sounds better.

More "low end"? Can;t argue there, but when I am full throttle my car only sees less than 4000 rpm on the launch (and even then I have plenty of power to obliterate the tires)
Old 10-03-2002, 01:49 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

Well Roots (actually twinscrews/Lysholms, though I don't mind the general "roots" term) are not much quieter than my blower and mine sounds better.

More "low end"? Can;t argue there, but when I am full throttle my car only sees less than 4000 rpm on the launch (and even then I have plenty of power to obliterate the tires)
by quieter, i was referring to idle...my goodness those Vortechs and Prochargers and Paxtons are LOUD at idle.

I know there are different types of the top mounted twin screw blowers, just too damn much to type, lol.

I was looking to see if they have the Kenne Bell for the 01 Cobra...
Old 10-03-2002, 04:36 PM
Banned

by quieter, i was referring to idle...my goodness those Vortechs and Prochargers and Paxtons are LOUD at idle.

I know there are different types of the top mounted twin screw blowers, just too damn much to type, lol.

I was looking to see if they have the Kenne Bell for the 01 Cobra...
Not trying to be a total contrarian here, but you really should hear one of the new SQ model Vortechs. You can still hear the air intake "whistle", but there is VERY little gear whine. The older model Vortechs and the ProChargers are LOUD as you said.

Nothing wrong with wanting a positive displacement blower for the different powerband, just saying that sound is really not a reason to avoid a centrifugal.

Old 10-03-2002, 06:42 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Not trying to be a total contrarian here, but you really should hear one of the new SQ model Vortechs. You can still hear the air intake "whistle", but there is VERY little gear whine. The older model Vortechs and the ProChargers are LOUD as you said.

Nothing wrong with wanting a positive displacement blower for the different powerband, just saying that sound is really not a reason to avoid a centrifugal.

true, very true...I haven't "not" heard a new VQ yet, but I hear that the Helical gears make a difference in sound. Yes, the powerband is what appeeals to me more over the cents, they make gobs of low end torque...I love that!
Old 10-14-2002, 08:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by TypeSKid

Your right I'm sure there was no disrespect menat here.........
BTW. I have a 95 mustang........ Like the styling just hate my third
tremec-5 but hey I'm sure the gtp is eventually going to have the same probs..... especailly with my mods......
Old 10-14-2002, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Robs98gtp
Your right I'm sure there was no disrespect menat here.........
BTW. I have a 95 mustang........ Like the styling just hate my third
tremec-5 but hey I'm sure the gtp is eventually going to have the same probs..... especailly with my mods......
T-5 sucks, you need to put a TKO in that thing.