A mod filled weekend....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 07:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A mod filled weekend....

I took the dive & bought a AEM CAI. I figured if I didn't like the sound, or thought it was too loud, I'd just sell it. I think I did it in a record 45 minutes by myself. It was so easy for me maybe cause I had good instructions, & the right tools. I didn't have to take out the battery, the tire, or even jack the car up. The hardest part was getting that one stock hose off the TB. You guys were right, it isn't loud at all untill 4K rpm. The It gets a really LOUD GROWL in Vtech range. Sounds like a race car I'm still not sure if I like it yet, lets see in a few weeks.

I also got installed the X-Pel light cover kit I got off here, as well as the mirror kit I got a few weeks ago. Looks great. The guys who did it said it was easier then they thought.

I took another plung & bought new tires. Toyo Proxes T1's 235-45-17's on the stock rims. Man they look great. Toyo has a deal on them where you can test a set out for 500 miles or 45 days, if your not happy with them, you can get a refund, or exchange them. I figued if I had problems, I could always get the stock size. Funny thing with these tires, They are the same as Dunlop SP Sport 9000's. Same tred, or at least almost the same. I have had 2 pairs of the Dunlops on my other car. They also have that rim gaurd thing that protects the rim lip. I must say they look great on the CL-S. So far thay are smooth, & I get no vibrations, shakes, shimmy's or pulling from the car. Will also decide on keeping them in the next few weeks.

I painted my battery cover also. It's not complete yet, I'll put the last coats on tommorrow, & dress up the engine bay a little to match the color of the CAI.

I put on some Type R pedals. Yes Shame on me using the type R, but I promise you cannot see the R logo They have rubber inserts too, so your feet don't slip.

I added the Shock Sensor finally too. Got it to work right.

One last thing which needs to be put on, are Comptech sways. I have a set coming to me, but UPS goofed, & I won't get then till Tuesday. Wish I could have put them on. Pics of everything will be up tommorow night.

Thanks for all the help on this board, it's VERY nice to have a tool like this.
Old 03-23-2002, 08:28 PM
Racer

Have any...

PICS???
Old 03-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Pics are up......

http://community.webshots.com/user/jasontalbot
Old 03-24-2002, 11:28 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOOKS GOOD!!!! I just noticed one thing about your CAI, I think that the metal pipe going from the valve cover to the CAI is supposed to come out. Now don't take my word for it, because I have never put one on before, but I remember someone else saying that. Maybe one of our resident experts can clarify!!! Like I said, I am no expert. Good job though!!!!!! Everything looks great!!!

Here is the pic, some one take a look!!

Old 03-25-2002, 07:54 AM

I noticed you have a lot of the tubes running over top of the intake. Bad idea.

Run them underneath it. The tubes heat up, and one rubbed a small spot in the fire retardant cover on the other side of the hood. It would have been worse had I not caught it as soon as I did.

After that I ran them all underneath, except for one.

Looks good, Congrats!