Misc. Questions regarding modifying my CL

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 09:53 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misc. Questions regarding modifying my CL

Hi there,

I just purchased my 3.2CL a week ago. I like to buy following stuff and have some questions:

1. I like to replace the rear two speakers so that I can get better bass. Is it feasible to do that without adding amp and sub? I just need a OK bass and doesn't want to sacriface truck space.

2. The best price to replace stock alloy wheel with Acura 16' chrome multi-spoke wheel with gold center cap. Is there a discount if I trade in my stock wheels? I like to have gold center cap. Does Acura gold center cap fit the stock alloy wheel if I don't want to change the stock ones to save money?

3. Brown wood trim steering wheel. Is that whole wheel piece including airbag unit, radio/crusie control, or just wheel circle? I want to make sure the center Acura logo on the wheel is chrome one, like the one on TL.

4. I will buy brown wood meter trim kit. I wonder if it is good/worthwhile) to also buy wood trim kits (19 pieces) from AutocarParts for $230. If not, I will buy a/c vent trim separately.

5. I will have gold emblem kit including grilles installed soon. My car is dark green color. I don't think adding wing spoiler add much to the car's appearance, in fact it may destroy the classic elegance of the car. It also add another center brake light besides the one on the top of trunk, which is odd. Just my opinion! What do you guys think?

Thanks

Zhang-CL
Old 08-13-2001, 12:08 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bose system used different ohm loads, so by you upgrading the 6x9s you would not get the effect you want. What you can do, is get a small amp. and then upgrade the stock 6x9s with a good aftermarket replacement. I'm sure you can find a small spot for the amp.

Spiro

Originally posted by Zhang-CL:
<STRONG>Hi there,

I just purchased my 3.2CL a week ago. I like to buy following stuff and have some questions:

1. I like to replace the rear two speakers so that I can get better bass. Is it feasible to do that without adding amp and sub? I just need a OK bass and doesn't want to sacriface truck space.

2. The best price to replace stock alloy wheel with Acura 16' chrome multi-spoke wheel with gold center cap. Is there a discount if I trade in my stock wheels? I like to have gold center cap. Does Acura gold center cap fit the stock alloy wheel if I don't want to change the stock ones to save money?

3. Brown wood trim steering wheel. Is that whole wheel piece including airbag unit, radio/crusie control, or just wheel circle? I want to make sure the center Acura logo on the wheel is chrome one, like the one on TL.

4. I will buy brown wood meter trim kit. I wonder if it is good/worthwhile) to also buy wood trim kits (19 pieces) from AutocarParts for $230. If not, I will buy a/c vent trim separately.

5. I will have gold emblem kit including grilles installed soon. My car is dark green color. I don't think adding wing spoiler add much to the car's appearance, in fact it may destroy the classic elegance of the car. It also add another center brake light besides the one on the top of trunk, which is odd. Just my opinion! What do you guys think?

Thanks

Zhang-CL</STRONG>