Mildew probs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 09:28 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mildew probs?

Hi All,

Do you ladies & gentlemen have a problem with mildew on the door jams and on the trunk area (i.e. when you open the trunk lid, it's the area/channels below the glass where water runs down to the rear of the car during a rain storm)? It seems that I have a horrendous build up esp. in the trunk area. Not only that, my car is white, so it really stands out. Any recommendations of products to use for removal?

Thanks.

P.S.
Have a merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old 12-10-2001, 09:57 AM
'Cooter

i don't have it there, i have it on the sides, where dirt has built up for a while, but when i cleaned it off, the paint came off with it, so now i have like a lite-red to white color in those areas...dunno how that happened, but o well...i try to keep this area clean as often as possible with my Z7 car wash.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:03 AM
'Cooter

lemme b more clear...it's on the inner channels below the rear-windshield, but my buildup is not on the side-to-side track, it's on the extreme ends of the inner track before the track continues length-wise with the car...so if u take your finger and start from the middle of the track just below the windshield and trace the track to one side, as soon as u get to the 90 degree bend that tracks towards u, THAT's where i get the buildup, and that's where my paint is fading away, despite my attempts to clean it often.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:56 AM
Banned

Hmmmm.....that's interesting. Since I'm up in Seattle and it's currently raining and/or wet EVERY day, non-stop, I'll keep my eyes peeled for that!!! I do thoroghly wipe down my door jams and the trunk jams (rails) every time I wash, which is weekly. I'd imagine that this would keep the tracks cleaner and not let dirt build up. Just use a raggedy old towel after you've washed etc. I think this should do the trick for you guys.