Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Mike01s Clear Out Your PM Box

Old 08-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike01s
hey mrsteve,
i just recently bought babyblue's c/t s/c. i have some questions that i hope you don't mind answering. When i get the s/c it is coming stock with the hbp, what do i need to do after the install as far as tuning goes?
A fuel pressure gauge is useful.

does the fpr need to be adjusted? it should already be tuned from babyblue's car correct. i would imagine it would need to be fine tuned for my car though right?
It should still be set okay. Fuel pressure should hit 100psi when you go wide-open throttle.
Also, my friend has an '04 cobra and he is helping me do the install, and he was telling me about trying to find something to flash my computer with, to adjust fuel and timing, so the car doesn't lean out. he said that is what he did when he upped his boost.
This is not needed on our cars. The comptech kit includes their electronic signal modifier. It "hides" the boost from the ECU by putting a voltage clamp on the MAP sensor's input to the ECU. This plus the fuel pressure regulator and new fuel pump is all you'll need. The fuel pressure regulator is a rising rate unit. As boost rises fuel pressure will rise. Then eventuallly around redline pressure will fall off by around 5-10psi.

And finally, are we looking at long term degradation of our motors at with the hbp, i mean what is our compression ratio at 5.5psi? i was going to do a search but babyblue seriously recommended me talking to you if i have any questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Mike

A member who had a supercharged CL-S for 20k miles did a compression test on his motor after removing the supercharger prior to selling his car. His figures were very close to the stock numbers. No one has had long term engine problems. My first CL-S was supercharged for nearly 20k miles and when I took it off it drove great. No issues at all. I recently purchased a 6-speed that is also supercharged and it's running great as well.

Just take your time during the install. Let me know if you have any other questions.