Medallion Paint Wax

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 02:43 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Medallion Paint Wax

Has anyone here ever used Medallion Paint Protection Wax? I hear that it is supposed to be good and it supposedly bonds to the car's finish with positevely charged ions, which protects the paint. Here is a write up from some website:

Shine that bonds to your car’s finish!

We evaluated this product two years ago when it was introduced simply as Medallion for Paint. Candidly, it stunk! It was hard to apply & remove and streaked on black cars. We never brought the product in and it faded from my memory.

Fast forward about 18 months. We started hearing rumors about a “new” Meguiar’s product that was producing a fabulous shine. That product is Medallion Premium Paint Protection. It’s a totally reformulated protectant that is truly extraordinary.

Medallion Premium Paint Protection creates a dazzling high gloss and leaves the surface incredibly slick. Even dark color paints emerge with a deep, rich clarity and brilliance.

Meguiar’s has added a unique bonding system to Medallion that uses positive charged molecules to create a tough, cationic action which locks onto the negative charge of your car’s finish. The result is protection and shine that lasts month after month and wash after wash.

If you tried this product a few years ago and didn’t like it, please give it another shot. I think you’ll be amazed with the results.

Medallion is non-abrasive and safe for all paints with or without a clear coat finish.

Usage Tips:

Always use on a cool surface out of direct sunlight.
Apply sparingly by hand or orbital polisher to the entire vehicle using a foam pad.
Allow a haze to form.
Wipe off the dry residue with a clean terry towel or a terry bonnet on an orbital polisher.
Net wt. 16 oz.
Old 11-11-2001, 08:46 AM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No, wow out of 2500 members nobody tried this. I guess this really is Zaino central.
Old 11-11-2001, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Zaino or Meguires. Make a poll post and find out what ppl use!
Old 11-11-2001, 10:41 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mike
Zaino or Meguires. Make a poll post and find out what ppl use!
I would expect Zaino to win hands down.. Those using Meguires (or others, like me) probably won't respond as we feel lazy compared to the Zaino users.. YMMV
Old 11-11-2001, 02:40 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Forget the Medallion. What you want is Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #20 Professional Polymer Sealant. Normaly you have to get this from a shop that specializes in automotive paints and not the local auto parts store. I have used this for years and I think it's the best product out there, and yes I have tried Zaino.