Me vs. 3 diff Ppl

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 01:02 AM
2015 RDX Base

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me vs. 3 diff Ppl

I've raced a couple people since having my car, for those of you who don't know it's an '03 CLS 5AT.

1st race: First night i had my car and this kid i know in his '02 Mustang GT w/ exhaust, and intake happens to be cruising, so i get beside and flick him off.. he of course didnt know the car. He revs it then kicks in. I was ready in 2nd SS and when i punch it shifted into 1st and squeeled then a bit. From 30 to 70 i had about a car on him and pulling till i missed a shift and hit the damn rev limiter. I forgot i had it in SS mode, and wasnt used to the car. LOL. But i still pulled on him.

2nd race: Was a monte carlo SS (S/C'd) i didn't realize it was supercharged until he stayed only a car length behind me all the way to my shift into 4th gear and then he pulled up next to me and about a half a car ahead till we shut down. Damn 4th gear in the 5AT! (Not sure if he had any work done)

3rd Race: Me vs. '89?? Notchback 5.0, i knew he had exhaust for sure, it rattled my windows at the light. Only other thing noticeable was a huge autometer tach. From the light i got a bit crazy and spun like a b*tch, after i hooked i managed to pull about a car and a half up to 80 and still walked on him till shutting down at 105mph. He couldnt have had to much done i guess.

But those are my stories thus far, and when i get my car back with a new tranny i should have somemore. After i break in the new tranny that is. I dont wanna blow it up just yet.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Drifting

Old 11-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Not Asian

Originally Posted by kevin79925
Old 11-24-2004, 08:20 AM
drop em like its hot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what mods do you have to the cl-s?
Old 11-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rezurex
what mods do you have to the cl-s?
I'd hold the flames until he lists em.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Has been sold for a while

Originally Posted by BadAcCLS
I've raced a couple people since having my car, for those of you who don't know it's an '03 CLS 5AT.

1st race: First night i had my car and this kid i know in his '02 Mustang GT w/ exhaust, and intake happens to be cruising, so i get beside and flick him off.. he of course didnt know the car.
Do you mean flip him off? If so thats a good way to get your ass beat or your car fucked up. Way to go you moron!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:19 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

I call
Old 11-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Kenpachi Teichou

oh man ... this thread is getting mean! I like it!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
maybe he has a factory freak or running into REALLY lousy drivers?
Old 11-24-2004, 12:00 PM
Blown LS6!!

Why the hell would you drive up to someone and give them the finger? If that were me I would have steered you into a ditch. Don't drive like an asshole and make the rest of us CLS owners look bad.

EDIT: I just re-read your post...you KNEW the kid, but still - try to be nice
Old 11-24-2004, 12:56 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow guys calm down...he knew the first kid! As far as his stories go why couldn't he have hung with a GT auto, those cars aren't that fast and actually slower than a stock auto CLS. The monte carlos are dog slow (aren't they SCed from the factory and still suck cock?). And then an 89 5.0 is most likely a dog unless really modded.

Y'all need to calm down and just give the dude his props (although not sure where you can hit triple digits safely from a dig).
Old 11-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Old 11-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Got a Job!

Originally Posted by ferizzo
wow guys calm down...he knew the first kid! As far as his stories go why couldn't he have hung with a GT auto, those cars aren't that fast and actually slower than a stock auto CLS. The monte carlos are dog slow (aren't they SCed from the factory and still suck cock?). And then an 89 5.0 is most likely a dog unless really modded.

Y'all need to calm down and just give the dude his props (although not sure where you can hit triple digits safely from a dig).

let's wait to see his mods...or if there are any?
Old 11-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by kevin79925
explanation?
Old 11-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Above n Beyond

Originally Posted by J.T.'s 3.2TL
Do you mean flip him off? If so thats a good way to get your ass beat or your car fucked up. Way to go you moron!
reread his post, he knows the kid so im sure he was just messin around
Old 11-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Above n Beyond

Originally Posted by ferizzo

Y'all need to calm down and just give the dude his props
Old 11-25-2004, 03:46 AM
2015 RDX Base

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, thats beautiful and all.. These are all legit races and i have no mods other then a drop in K&N, guess it's a factory freak since my bud with a CLS drove it and said it felt alot faster than his. So what's with the bogus a*s flaming?!? Apparently we have some ford fans in the thread defending the mustang GT and all. To make a valid point, they are slow and make alot of noise. The only thing about them is they are the best sounding cars with the right exhaust.

P.S. - anybody ever ran me off the road they better hope i die, otherwise i wouldnt wanna be them.

"Do you mean flip him off? If so thats a good way to get your ass beat or your car fucked up. Way to go you moron!"

-Anyone that knows me knows i wouldnt get my ass beat, and if my car gets fu*ked up then someone is getting fuc*ked up. Plain and simple dont f*ck with me and don't ever fu*ck with someones car.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To make a valid point, they (Mustang GT's) are slow and make alot of noise.
Will you be surprised when you get flamed for that comment?
Old 11-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, thats beautiful and all.. These are all legit races and i have no mods other then a drop in K&N, guess it's a factory freak since my bud with a CLS drove it and said it felt alot faster than his. So what's with the bogus a*s flaming?!? Apparently we have some ford fans in the thread defending the mustang GT and all. To make a valid point, they are slow and make alot of noise. The only thing about them is they are the best sounding cars with the right exhaust.

P.S. - anybody ever ran me off the road they better hope i die, otherwise i wouldnt wanna be them.

"Do you mean flip him off? If so thats a good way to get your ass beat or your car fucked up. Way to go you moron!"

-Anyone that knows me knows i wouldnt get my ass beat, and if my car gets fu*ked up then someone is getting fuc*ked up. Plain and simple dont f*ck with me and don't ever fu*ck with someones car.
Your buddy with a Cl-s says yours is faster, must mean you run 13's.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:45 PM
2015 RDX Base

Ok this is just plain stupid now.. How old is everyone here?!?!?! I can here to enjoy the threads and maybe learn a thing or two, share some stories, and this is the kiddie BS i have to deal with. Thats the one reason i hate internet forums, everyone feels the need to talk sh*t, everyone is a harda*s, and everyone has to bash everyone else.. We should be backing one another and giving props when props are due, we own the same cars not rival cars. The stories are true and i'm standing by them, i would have no reason to tell them if they werent. I'm not some 14 year old kid that doesnt own the car and sits home and makes up random stories. I'm a MATURE 22 year old guy that has alot of s*it on his mind, and alot of responsability compared to most 22 year olds, and i have alot more going for myself. No offense what so ever to my fellow 22 year old CL-s'ers in the area or in the forums. But i have no reason to make up racing stories, or act immature in some computer forums. I'm just here to have fun and have a slight getaway if you will, from a hard days work. So everyone here that is being cool, and just here to have fun Everyone else needs to GROW THE F*CK UP..

P.S. - my car DOES NOT run 13's and it's not the fastest thing on earth, this i know. My Firehawk is my fast car, my acura is meant to enjoy as a daily driver. NOT TO BE A RACE CAR. So end this thread now, i dont care who doesn't believe my stories, i won't share a f*cking thing in here again.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:30 PM
2015 RDX Base

Will you be surprised when you get flamed for that comment?
Why would i get flamed? Is this a ford forum, with an abundance of mustang fans? Last time i checked it was Acura. Can a mod end this thread before it gets too far outta hand. I'm done wasting my time.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Instructor

Why would i get flamed? Is this a ford forum, with an abundance of mustang fans. Last time i checked it was Acura. Can a mod end this thread before it gets too far outta hand. I'm done wasting my time.
It would be because you arent driven a Mustang GT beater.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:07 AM
Pres TeamMidnightInvasion

Thats the one reason i hate internet forums, everyone feels the need to talk sh*t, everyone is a harda*s, and everyone has to bash everyone else.. We should be backing one another and giving props when props are due, we own the same cars not rival cars
I agree, I dont understand why people need to start just bashing on BadAcCLS because he was sharing his racing stories. Everyone should recgonize that this is this acura cl owner forum, and we all love are cars. If you don't agree to what hes saying then just go on and look at other forums. Grow up, don't turn this acura cl forum into a internet battle ground.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Racer

Oh boy, another online badass...... Why is it that everyone's so tough and so fast online?

The only problem I always have is that it's amazing how many slow, mildly- modded stangs everyone on this site tends to run into. The fact is that MOST 4.6 and 5.0 mustangs @ the track run in the low 14's and under - which the last time I checked was enough to easily dispose of any "factory freak" CLS/TLS at or mt, which includes 99% of the people on this board - except for the 1% w/ fast cars like mrsteve, mattg, and allmotor (sorry if I left a name or two off). Where are all the stories about these cars beating up on LT1 and stock LS1 camaros/birds?

I'm just making an observation.....not intending to start a war - I have an '02 TL and I love it!
Old 11-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by fiveoh-tl
Oh boy, another online badass...... Why is it that everyone's so tough and so fast online?

The only problem I always have is that it's amazing how many slow, mildly- modded stangs everyone on this site tends to run into. The fact is that MOST 4.6 and 5.0 mustangs @ the track run in the low 14's and under - which the last time I checked was enough to easily dispose of any "factory freak" CLS/TLS at or mt, which includes 99% of the people on this board - except for the 1% w/ fast cars like mrsteve, mattg, and allmotor (sorry if I left a name or two off). Where are all the stories about these cars beating up on LT1 and stock LS1 camaros/birds?

I'm just making an observation.....not intending to start a war - I have an '02 TL and I love it!
Really, a great way to complain about online comments when he is suddenly He-Man.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Instructor

So much for you being a "mature" 22 year old. You're clearly the internet bad ass.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:48 PM
2015 RDX Base

Really, a great way to complain about online comments when he is suddenly He-Man.
So much for you being a "mature" 22 year old. You're clearly the internet bad ass
Yea that's just it, i'm a internet hardass .. I just get through saying how everyone over the internet tries to play a hardass and needs to grow up and then you two chime in with these childish comments, trying to say i'm the one playing a hardass. I just want to end this thread and be done with the stupidity associated with most online forums. Another brilliant remark from you guys! I wouldn't expect any less. For the record I'm not trying to be tough online, and I'm not saying, and i'm going to repeat this again. I'M NOT SAYING MY CAR IS THE FASTEST THING ON EARTH. Maybe now it will be seen, I was sharing a few stories, having a good time. Now can we all just give it up and get along. Try to talk about our cars and enjoy these boards, instead of starting s*it with everyone over dumb things?

One more thing if I might add. According to Car and Driver the 2002 Mustang GT will pull off a 6.3 0-60 and a 15.1 1/4.. Whats the deal i thought they pull low 14's. I've never seen one around here pull low 14's. The kid with the GT that i raced with his exhaust and everything ran a 14.8 at the track. I did one 0-60 pull with my stopwatch and managed a 6.2 (Don't flame for this one kiddies, it could be a 10th or so off.) So please go into depth about those super fast mustangs that you desperately try to defend, even though your on an acura forum.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:24 PM
That's Racist

So much drama.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:41 AM
Instructor

You clearly have no clue about anything. You say you're not an internet hard ass and then tell everyone how no one messes with you. Pick a side of the fence and stay on it; I get the feeling you hear that a lot.

People dont mess with you, they get hurt, that's what you imply and THAT is being an internet hard ass. I'd bet $1000 in real life you'd shut your mouth the second something got out of hand, dont be something you're not.

As for a Mustang GT I really dont give a fuck what they do, but the fact is if you believe they run 15.1 you're dumber than I thought, which isnt saying much.

Go pick up any credible magazine (not the bullshit YOU quote) and I guarantee they all put them in the low 14's.

Go blow smoke somewhere else, apparently not being on this site is a better thing for you. Go waste someone elses time with your community college-esque intelligence.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:43 AM
Instructor

and just because it's so easy...

Per Motor Trend:

Mustang GT 5 spd. 14.0@100 0-60 5.4

real close to 15.1
Old 11-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
The kid with the GT that i raced with his exhaust and everything ran a 14.8 at the track. I did one 0-60 pull with my stopwatch and managed a 6.2 (Don't flame for this one kiddies, it could be a 10th or so off.) So please go into depth about those super fast mustangs that you desperately try to defend, even though your on an acura forum.
If I were that kid I would return the car and get a vw bug or some other chick car.

Buy a gtech.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Above n Beyond

Old 11-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Racer

One more thing if I might add. According to Car and Driver the 2002 Mustang GT will pull off a 6.3 0-60 and a 15.1 1/4.. Whats the deal i thought they pull low 14's. I've never seen one around here pull low 14's. The kid with the GT that i raced with his exhaust and everything ran a 14.8 at the track. I did one 0-60 pull with my stopwatch and managed a 6.2 (Don't flame for this one kiddies, it could be a 10th or so off.) So please go into depth about those super fast mustangs that you desperately try to defend, even though your on an acura forum.
OK, let' s remember that Car & Driver and Road & Track data isn't always close to being correct. They're #'s are skewed - they have different drivers w/ different driving abilities driving different cars @ different locations (temperature/altitude etc) so alot of times the #'s are not a realistic gauge of ANY cars performance. Races were never won on paper or over the internet anyway...at the track (and I've been to numerous tracks) @ different times of the year...MOST stangs are going, like I said, low 14's or better.

If you wanna talk magazine #'s, remember that the 225hp GT or LX foxbody bvack in the early 90's were running 6.0 0-60 and 14.6 1/4 miles..........granted the car is about 300lbs lighter than the newer 260hp GTs.

Also, don't bother timing yourself off a stop watch.......that's FAR from being accurate.......get to the track to get real times.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:49 PM
2015 RDX Base

You clearly have no clue about anything. You say you're not an internet hard ass and then tell everyone how no one messes with you. Pick a side of the fence and stay on it; I get the feeling you hear that a lot. People dont mess with you, they get hurt, that's what you imply and THAT is being an internet hard ass. I'd bet $1000 in real life you'd shut your mouth the second something got out of hand, dont be something you're not.

You wanna put that $1,000 on the line. I can use some money for new parts on the car. Don't worry i'm not trying to be a "internet hardass", but when someone calls me out I don't take it lightly. Obviously you will talk big over the net knowing I can't come hurt you. Just shut up and drop it. WOULD A MOD PLEASE END THIS THREAD I'M SICK OF THE STUPID KIDDIE S*IT.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Instructor

You wanna put that $1,000 on the line. I can use some money for new parts on the car. Don't worry i'm not trying to be a "internet hardass", but when someone calls me out I don't take it lightly. Obviously you will talk big over the net knowing I can't come hurt you. Just shut up and drop it. WOULD A MOD PLEASE END THIS THREAD I'M SICK OF THE STUPID KIDDIE S*IT.

Actually I'll go to 10k, come to Chicago and beat my ass.

You may not be 'trying' to be an internet hard ass, but how can you not see that your post (that I quoted) completely contradicts your claim. I'll talk big here or in the real world, doesnt change. The fact is if you're a bad ass, act like one and stop pretending to be a nice guy.

Let me guess you're all thrilled because you finally put up 225 twice on the bench and squated 275 once. Congrats.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Above n Beyond

u guys both live in chicago sooo..............

anyway, theirs no need for meeting up to bash skulls, we should be meeting up, chillin, then goin on the prowl for some hotties at the clubs.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
u guys both live in chicago sooo..............

anyway, theirs no need for meeting up to bash skulls, we should be meeting up, chillin, then goin on the prowl for some hotties at the clubs.

Just realized he lives in chicago. Doesnt change my point.

As for clubs, where do you kiddies go?
Old 11-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Above n Beyond

kiddies? pfff j/k

i promote for the bamboo room in schaumburg/lombard and for Vision downtown, so i drift back and forth there and alot other places in the city.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Instructor

So you work for A la Carte at Vision?
Old 11-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Above n Beyond

ummm no, those places arent my fulltime job.

:backontopic:

Quick Reply: Me vs. 3 diff Ppl