me and a civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
me and a civic

i dont know much about civics, but this is either a 5th or 6th gen civic DX with at least exhaust, not sure if there anything else done to it
i'm in a 97 3.0 cl, intake, heavy ass 18" wheels, busted cv joint and an unbalanced wheel/s

started from behind him at a stoplight. there were a line of cars to our left, and this is a very big wide left turn onto the main road.
he took off right at the green, so after he got probably 3 car lengths in front of me, i gunned it and got into the other lane after i could safely pass the car to my left (which is ahead of me since it is such a wide left turn)
we're both fully on it for probably half a mile, and im very very slowly catching up to him.
i know if we had another half mile, i would have caught him and maybe passed.
i never even got to his bumper...
there is traffic ahead as soon as im almost up on him, so i start pressing the brakes.
i get right behind him again, and a cop comes fucking fllyyyyyyying up on my ass.
he rides me inches away for probably 20 seconds, then guns it passed me, and gets right on the ass of this VW.
my guess is he heard the racing (me an intake, he an exhaust at least) and shot up to us, but wasn't sure who was doing it.
i am tinted on the windows and taillights, with aftermarket wheels, so i guess i was an obvious suspect.
i doubt he could see the little civic in front of me, and the only other sporty-ish car was the red VW (jetta i think?) in the turn lane.

afterwards, me and the civic driver were like HOOOOLY SHIT... we thought we were so busted.
my heart was racing after he got right on my ass, especially since i just came from traffic court two days ago

stupid to do, but me and this guy have been talking shit to each other for about a year now, and this was the closest we've been to lining up against each other.

i know he doesn't have anything crazy done to it.. i'm thinking he might have done a few mods under the hood, but definitely no turbo or anything.

i was in D3 during this, so i was surprised i didn't catch him in the half mile or so we were running.
as i said, i was slowly catching up, so i bet i would have gotten him had we been on a highway or something.
either way, not a very good run