Massachusettes, New Hampshire

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 12:46 AM
EVO IX MR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Massachusettes, New Hampshire

Can anyone reccomend a good Acura Dealer for which to install my HR Sport springs in the Mass, NH area. I wan't to get it done while I am home on leave but Maine has no Acura Dealerships. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:58 AM
Intermediate

I have had really good service experience at Acura of Auburn. I called them about about a month ago regarding the installation of springs and was quoted a price of around $300. I didn't really shop around anymore, so I am not sure if that price is high or not.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Manny Tranny

Originally Posted by silver03cls
I have had really good service experience at Acura of Auburn. I called them about about a month ago regarding the installation of springs and was quoted a price of around $300. I didn't really shop around anymore, so I am not sure if that price is high or not.
That price sounds about right, but it will end up a little higher because they quote low and add a little more at the end. Mine ended up around $360 for the Springs.

Here's my experiance with Acura of Auburn. I went to them to install Comptech Springs and Sway Bars. I was called about 3 hrs after dropping off the car and they told me they were able to install the sways but couldn't instlall the Springs because they were not the right ones. They then told me they put the original Springs on again.

I asked why they didn't contact me before putting the oringal Springs back on. I told them they should have called Comptech to walk them through the install. They insisted the CT Springs I gave them were not the right ones. They charged me for a partial install of CT Springs seeing the (Acura of Auburn) put a couple of hours worth of labor into this.

I was freaking pissed. I called Comptech and they told me the part number was the absolute correct Spring. I worked out a deal with the dealer and it was this. I was going to ship back the CT Springs to Comptech and if Comptech messed up, Comptech would cover the cost of the first install. If Comptech states they were the correct CT Springs, Acura of Auburn would eat the cost of the first install.

We'll, I got a call from Comptech and they insisted these were the right CT Springs. They even installed them on a CL (at Comptech) to be sure. I got the package back from Comptech and went back to Acura of Auburn and explained the situation.

They didn't want to hear that these were the same CT Spings that were in their shop the previous time. The manager told me not to worry and they will take care of me.

They installed them and when i went to pick up the car, they only billed me for a partial install (seeing they charged me the previous time). I figured it out. They had a tech that didn't know what they were doing the first time and was putting the front Spring in the Rear.

To make matters worse, when i brought the car home, there was a ding in the door. I called Acura of Auburn and basically told them they will never see me again. Long before having the Springs put on, I had a talk with the Manager. I told him I treat my car with TLC and I expect the same from Acura of Auburn. I even brought up the subject of door dings and I would never expect to have my car get one at this dealer. The manager responded with "we have won awards for customer service and my staff treat these cars as if they were their own".

Acrua of Auburn fixed the door ding as a "good gesture" (as written on the invoice).

I'm not saying they are a bad service bay, just look out.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:23 AM
EVO IX MR

Whoa.......ouch, I prob waon't be using them, thanks a lot for the input.....wish I was still in MD I'd have Tischer put them on. Thanks all.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sunnyside Acura in Nashua has been very good to me. They haven't done my mods, but they've never given me crap about my mods with the trannies going. They installed at least one member's CT springs and sways, but I don't know how much he paid. Try PMing blackmagiCL_S...he might be able to tell you how much he paid.

Acura of Boston is pretty good, from most accounts.

I think North Hampton Acura just changed names, but I can't recall what it is. I had a tire done there when I lived in Portsmouth, and they seemed alright.

I'm not sure about Acura of Peabody, so I can't really say.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Adult Supervision

I've used Peabody of Acura and they have been good to me. I can't speak towards modification installations though.

I use "Mechanics Direct" out in Lowell Mass. They specialize in Acura Honda, are a bit of a speed shop and the guy who runs it (Mitchell) is a pretty geeky mechanic - I like my mechanics geeky.

So if you are nearby, you might try them.