Low resonant sound coming from the sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low resonant sound coming from the sunroof

I think the sunroof opening on the 2001 CL is way too small. But the bigger problem is the disturbing low-frequency booming sound while driving with the sunroof wide open at low speed. I think it's a some sort of resonant sound caused by the air through the small sunroof opening. It's similar to the bass resonant sound coming from a big loud speaker. The noise gets worse as the car slows down to stop. It's pretty obvious that the sunroof cannot be made any bigger due to the overall shape of the car. It's not a major problem but I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who is having or noticing this problem.

------------------
2001 CL Type S, Navi, Silver, Spoiler, PIAA 1900X
Old 02-22-2001, 09:13 PM
Drifting

Known problem. Dealer should have a service thingy on it..

------------------
Eat Safe, Use Condiments
red CL-S, non-Nav
Old 02-22-2001, 09:30 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Luxnite:
I think the sunroof opening on the 2001 CL is way too small. But the bigger problem is the disturbing low-frequency booming sound while driving with the sunroof wide open at low speed. I think it's a some sort of resonant sound caused by the air through the small sunroof opening. It's similar to the bass resonant sound coming from a big loud speaker. The noise gets worse as the car slows down to stop. It's pretty obvious that the sunroof cannot be made any bigger due to the overall shape of the car. It's not a major problem but I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who is having or noticing this problem.

</font>
The dealer will fix this. You have an early build CL. They will add some foam pieces and other crap. It should be totally free of charge. It think it's service bulletin 000039.

------------------
Silver CL-S w/ Navi, Spoiler, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, 19169, 9005
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1-S Proxes on Stock 17" CL-S wheels
Old 02-23-2001, 01:11 AM
ACME sucks!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Luxnite:

</font>
I hope you have better luck than me. They installed the fix kit today on my CL-S and it didn't do the trick. What a pain in the butt! $30k for a rattle box!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi

35% tint/Wheel locks/Splash guards/PIAA 19169 bulbs/K&N 33-2178 air filter/Mobil-1 5W-30 oil & filter/One scratched rim