los gatos service department.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 09:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
los gatos service department.

what acura service departments are recommened?

i used to go to stevens creeka acura, but they have become the scum of the earth. they really could give a rats ass about your concerns and problems there. I really dont want to be treated like someone comming in for just a cup of free morning coffee. I was thinking about los gatos acura. what you guys think?
Old 11-23-2003, 12:15 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's been a while since I last brought a car into Los Gatos Acura. So I don't know if they've cleaned up their act. But my last experience was horrible.

I originally bought my car from SunnyVale Acura and got frustrated with their service department who; 1) never fixed my headline properly in my '01 CLS and 2) screwed up my paint job by using a buffer on the black paint. They ended up paying me $800 to have car professionally detailed.

So I took my car into Los Gatos Acura's Service department for the 15k mile service. I got my car back with a one inch scratch to bare metal on the quarter panel behind driver's door. All they originally offered to do was touch paint up. But I insisted that they repaint the whole quarter panel, the proper way. When I went to pick my car up after the repaint, they tried to hide the fact that their Paint Shop had did a really bad job on masking off the rest of the car. There were paint ridges every. Even though they know about this, they tried to return car to me without pointing this out. Their detailer pointed it out to me, not the service writer who already knew about the paint ridges.

So I insisted on another repaint. Went to pick car up after the 2nd repaint, and this time there was a paint defect about the size of a penny that could be seen from 50 feet away.

So I insisted on a 3rd repaint. Went to pick car up after the 3rd repaint, and there was a drip or run in the paint. But it wasn't too noticeable so I accepted the car after ripping them for their poor workmanship.

Oh, forgot to mention that Los Gatos Acura tried to repair my headline that SunnyVale Acura failed to do by gluing it which turned out to be a disaster. The ended up replacing headliner with a new one, but installed the new one improperly. They never fixed it properly. Headliner by the rear window kept falling down or drooping an inch or so.

I've since traded my '01 CLS for an '03 CLS 6sp which I bought from Pleasanton Acura. Even though I have to drive from San Jose to get my car serviced by them, I have so much more confidence in them, than I do for the San Jose Acura dealerships.

Pleasanton Acura has performed perfectly for the 3750 and 7500 mile services which included a number of warranty items for each. They have also installed CT intake/headers/b-pipe/exhaust/springs/sways and konis, and did everything almost perfectly. The only problem I had with them was they lost my OEM exhaust after installing the CT exhaust. But they made good on that by paying me $300 for the lost exhaust which was twice what I was going to sell them for.

To summarize:
  • Pleasanton Acura: had nothing but good experiences with them.
  • SunnyVale Acura: stay away from them, they're incompetent
  • Los Gatos Acura: stay away from them, they're incompetent and try to cover things up and lie to you
  • Stevens Creek Acura: I've heard similar things (SunnyVale and Los Gatos) about them, but don't have a personally experience with them.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopkins Acura in Redwood City does good work, but are expensive as dealers go. I ocassionally go there because they are within 4 miles of my job, so I can get shuttle service back to work. Do not go to Mike Harvey in Burlingame, their service department can be exceedingly careless. They send me coupons all the time, but their service is substandard. I had bad buying experiences with Stevens Creek and Sunnyvale, so I refuse to do business with them. Heard good things about Pleasanton Acura, but never been there.