Lemon?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 06:08 AM
ALi G in the House!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemon?????

Ok check this out...My friends mom has a acura MDX. she's got like 20 problems in this car. it's been to the dealer like 5-6 times and it's only like 4 months old. the same problems keep comming up also..for example..she only gets 12 miles to the gallon. WHAT THE F**K is that?! 12 miles to the gallon?! thats like a 66 mustang or something. she drives normally too. she's like 40 or something, so she doesn't floor it like every 3 seconds..she also gets some rattling out of the bottom end of her car when she goes over bumps...listen to this one: her leather in her drivers seat has been replaced 3 times because it keeps getting "discolored" (i dunno about that one, never seen it) but all the rest of these things are true..anyone know what the lemon law is? is it only if the engine is bad or something or if ANY problem in the car comes up more then 3 times and the dealer says they fixed it and it hasn't been fixed? at this point, she would rather have a mitsubishi montaro (yes, the car that is prone to flip over if you change lanes going faster then 57 miles per hour(i saw this on the news tonight)) so thats the story..if anyone has any info, or any suggestions please let me know cuz her mom is driving ME Nucking FuTZ! just because i said acuras are some of the best cars! (CUZ THEY ARE)
Old 06-21-2001, 06:14 AM
Instructor

Pass this along to your friend's mom:
http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/CA_law.html

You can also do a search for "california lemon car law". It's wild, you'll even find "lemon law lawyers"

------------------
2001 Silver CL-S
Old 06-21-2001, 06:18 AM
ALi G in the House!

thanks! i'll send it down the line
Old 06-21-2001, 08:53 AM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AkuraCLS:
Ok check this out...My friends mom has a acura MDX. she's got like 20 problems in this car. it's been to the dealer like 5-6 times and it's only like 4 months old. the same problems keep comming up also..for example..she only gets 12 miles to the gallon. WHAT THE F**K is that?! 12 miles to the gallon?! thats like a 66 mustang or something. she drives normally too. she's like 40 or something, so she doesn't floor it like every 3 seconds..she also gets some rattling out of the bottom end of her car when she goes over bumps...listen to this one: her leather in her drivers seat has been replaced 3 times because it keeps getting "discolored" (i dunno about that one, never seen it) but all the rest of these things are true..anyone know what the lemon law is? is it only if the engine is bad or something or if ANY problem in the car comes up more then 3 times and the dealer says they fixed it and it hasn't been fixed? at this point, she would rather have a mitsubishi montaro (yes, the car that is prone to flip over if you change lanes going faster then 57 miles per hour(i saw this on the news tonight)) so thats the story..if anyone has any info, or any suggestions please let me know cuz her mom is driving ME Nucking FuTZ! just because i said acuras are some of the best cars! (CUZ THEY ARE) </font>
Have her check out these sites:

http://www.defect.com/

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/index.htm

http://www.asktherep.com/

Had these handy when I had my 99 Chrysler 300M!!

Hope they help. Maybe she should go to another dealer- one of those "award winning" ones if you have any there. Only one in CT!

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and three of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]DOM 03/2001.[*]Bought 3/28/01
fastdriver's CL without Zaino!
fastdriver's CL with 3 coats of Zaino and the last two with 4 coats of Z-2/Z-6
Click here if Yahoo photos don't work.
fastdriver's previous cars. The 300M has Zaino.
Bra pics 5/13/01.
My car in movies! Well, it was! Photopoint dropped the company that supplied this feature for them. No more movies.

Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get!